• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nert

Death And Life Of The Great American School System is a good read that critiques a lot of ideas on how to address different ways to improve the school system. It was actually written by the former Assistant Secretary of Education

This sounds like exactly what I was looking for. Congratulations on winning Botanicula! (PM your email address or Steam ID)

My cousins live there.

I texted them and they said:

1) Toppers- Handtossed pizza and they like the garlic chicken pizza

2)Tonys- Thin crust. They said this is the best one and everything is dope here, but they typically get pepperoni+ basil

3)Grotta Azura- She says this is a little more family restaurant but the Godfather pizza is amazing

not from there, but thats what my fam says.

I just looked these up and Tony's is like six minutes away from my house. I'll have to make sure to try all of these. Congratulations on winning Super Meat Boy! (PM your email address or Steam ID)

Thanks to everyone that participated, and I hope that you enjoy your new games. With all of these new games I've picked up from Steam, a bunch of great music to listen to, some restaurants to try out, and a new book to read, I'll be having a pretty good time for a while :D

Cheddahz

Banned
Thanks to The One That Knocks for Dear Esther, can't wait to play it!

I know that I haven't been a member for too long, but you guys are seriously too nice. I love the fact that the GAF community is sweet

I'll never get it, but using a quick google of similar bands could it be one of these?

Luca Turilli or Fairyland or Dragonforce? (I won't paste the whole search cause that'd be unfair to anyone who has knowledge of bands, I'm just using my sluething skills).

It is related to Luca Turilli.

It is not Fairyland or Dragonforce or Firewind (although I do love Fairyland and Firewind).

j-wood

That actually doesn't work... it's pronounced "ees" and not "whys."

But voting for this game should be an Ysy decision.

Actually it does work here in MERICA cause that's the sound the letter Y makes in the english language.

That's like me saying "As" is actually pronounced "sees"

lol :p

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Yup and it's infectious! I always feel bad whenever I don't gift and I keep getting gifted lol. Though I did send out a Burnout Paradise yesterday.

Yeah but you've been a good, dependable friend to me over the months which is just as much of a gift.

/carebear

It is related to Luca Turilli.

It is not Fairyland or Dragonforce or Firewind (although I do love Fairyland and Firewind).

Dark Moor? I'm just reading Luca Turilli wiki page now hehe but can't find any useful info.

is Luca Turilli's Rhapsody a seperate band? they seem to have an interesting/complex history

Yup and it's infectious! I always feel bad whenever I don't gift and I keep getting gifted lol. Though I did send out a Burnout Paradise yesterday.
It's a great feeling to have, having just gifted a game to some one. Some people here are pushing it to the levels of madness though.

Nah just kidding, keep up the good work guys. Shows what an amazing community GAF is.
3AQmK.gif

Piano

Banned
Thinking of picking up a bunch of games. Anyone have opinions on any of them?

Zeno Clash

VVVVVV

FEAR 3 (played the first one & extraction point, have the second but considering skipping it?)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (seems badass?)

SF x Driver ... er, Driver: San Francisco. Or should I get a need for speed game?

and here's the big one I can't decide on:
I would love me a good political game. I already have Civ IV and love it. At first I was considering Empire: Total War, when that was on sale. I played Rome: Total War and loved it, but ended up auto completing battles half the time because I enjoyed the overworld politics more. Now Civ V is on sale, and I'm considering getting it and Gods and Kings, but I've heard really mixed things from friends.

What's the most fun politics simulator? Still Civ IV?

~Kinggi~

Banned

Zeno Clash

VVVVVV

FEAR 3 (played the first one & extraction point, have the second but considering skipping it?)

SF x Driver ... er, Driver: San Francisco. Or should I get a need for speed game?

I would love me a good political game. I already have Civ IV and love it. At first I was considering Empire: Total War, when that was on sale. I played Rome: Total War and loved it, but ended up auto completing battles half the time because I enjoyed the overworld politics more. Now Civ V is on sale, and I'm considering getting it and Gods and Kings, but I've heard really mixed things from friends.

Play your Fear 2 and pass on Fear 3 for now. Deus Ex is amazing. Everyone says Driver is great but i havent played it yet. Deus Ex is wonderful times.

Danielsan

Zeno Clash

VVVVVV

I just bought VVVVVV and it's a pretty amazing little game. Some sections are really mind bending. It's also pretty hard, so if prefer your platformers to not be incredibly challenging, do steer clear.

Some of you need to pay closer attention to Indie Bundles, so many games that keep getting brought up were in bundles!
With the humble indie bundles I agree. The steam sale bundles though, they often contain 2-3 games that I want, and the rest are pure filler. Most of the time you're better off buying them separately in that case, rather than paying €9,99 for the bundle.

Not defending GFWL but isn't it possible to backup saves? I know it'd be extra effort, but I think I saw someone post a combination of a gamesavemanager (cant remember the name) and dropbox which I'm guessing copies your saves to your dropbox for instant cloud backup. It might not be automatic though...

Aye, Gamesave Manager does a great job of making save backups. It's not automatic, however it is pretty damn quick (depending on how fast your computer is, about 10-15 minutes). Works with Google Drive, Microsoft Skydrive and Dropbox out of the box for cloud goodness, but they're optional.

Koroviev

Zeno Clash

VVVVVV

Deus Ex: HR is great. And if you need help deciding on Driver, take a look at the Classic Game Room review; They sold me on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom