• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinp

Banned
Bam, you got it.

Add me: Rambotipelto and I will gift it.

And I just found out I have ANOTHER giftable copy of Torchlight, so anyone that missed it gets another chance.

First to answer this gets it.

What is my favorite movie ever? Hint, it is also Italian.

Johnny Stecchino!

edit: ah too recent, I've already got Torchlight anyway hah

Shurayuki

Thinking of picking up a bunch of games. Anyone have opinions on any of them?

and here's the big one I can't decide on:
I would love me a good political game. I already have Civ IV and love it. At first I was considering Empire: Total War, when that was on sale. I played Rome: Total War and loved it, but ended up auto completing battles half the time because I enjoyed the overworld politics more. Now Civ V is on sale, and I'm considering getting it and Gods and Kings, but I've heard really mixed things from friends.

What's the most fun politics simulator? Still Civ IV?

If you're into politics you might want to look at Paradox games unless you already have them. They're quite similar to Civ games (stack of doom) but have a lot of political intrigue like marrying into families to get a valid claim at their throne etc.

Piano

Banned
what do you guys think of Killing Floor? thinking of buying it even if it isn't a daily tomorrow

So janky. But so, so, so fun. If you don't care that it's not 'cinematic' or whatever it's a blast. Hard as nails on the tougher difficulties, cool weapons and specializations to experiment with and Tripwire is STILL adding free content all the time.

If you have friends who play it too...it's truly godlike.

Eklesp

Thinking of picking up a bunch of games. Anyone have opinions on any of them?

Zeno Clash

VVVVVV

FEAR 3 (played the first one & extraction point, have the second but considering skipping it?)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (seems badass?)

SF x Driver ... er, Driver: San Francisco. Or should I get a need for speed game?

VVVVVV is fantastic! .. That is all I know.

The only things Im looking for at this point is Darkness II (missed it the first go arounds), Alpha Protocol, and Beat Hazard. And then... Ill have to get GAF help because Steam doesnt want me buying things anymore.

But in regards to the sale, got everything I wanted more or less and then some! : )

Bam, you got it.

Add me: Rambotipelto and I will gift it.

And I just found out I have ANOTHER giftable copy of Torchlight, so anyone that missed it gets another chance.

First to answer this gets it.

What is my favorite movie ever? Hint, it is also Italian.

I can't seem to find you for some reason.

Please quote for a link to my profile. Thanks
(hidden in e-mail field)

Esch

Banned
EDIT: CONTEST WON

I will gift Prince of Persia 2008 to the first gaffer that comes up with a 16 bar diss rap against a moderator of your choice:

For reference this is 16 bars:

Better rhymes make for better songs, and that is not (1)
If you got a lot of what it takes just to get along (2)
Surrender now or suffer serious setbacks (3)
Got get-back, connects wet-back, get stacks (4)
Even if you gots to get jet-black, head to toe (5)
To get the dough, battle for bottles of Mo' or 'dro (6)
This fly flow take practice like Tae Bo (7)
With Billy Blanks (8)
"Oh, you're too kind!" "Really? Thanks." (9)
To the gone and lost forever like "O My Darling Clementine" (10)
He hold his heart when he tellin' rhymes (11)
When it's his time, I hope his soul go to Heaven (12)
He's nasty like the old time Old Number Seven (13)
You still taste it when you chase it with the Coca-Cola (14)
Make you wish they coulda erased it out the Motorola (15)
I told her - no credit for it back (16)

dont ban me for gods sake i love neogaf <33333 its in good fun.

Piano

Banned
If you're into politics you might want to look at Paradox games unless you already have them. They're quite similar to Civ games (stack of doom) but have a lot of political intrigue like marrying into families to get a valid claim at their throne etc.

Which games, exactly?

Petrie

Banned
I have a copy of Strong Bads Cool Game for Attractive People Season 1 for the first interested person to quote me, as I barely know what it is! Let's go!

aasoncott

Okay. I know this has been asked up and down and left and right a thousand times, but I don't think there was ever a clear answer. Assuming Ys wins... Origin or Oath? I'd prefer whichever has a stronger story, but I'd also be biased towards the shorter game, which I understand to be Oath. Is there an objectively better game? Or do I win no matter which one I choose?

Noema

This is what I've bought, so far:

• Legend of Grimrock
  • Simcity 4
  • Hitman: Blood Money
  • Dear Esther
  • The Binding of Isaac
  • Amnesia: The Dark Descent
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Tropico 4 (Even though I own Tropico 3 and I've played it like twice).

So far the only game I've played (let alone installed) is Legend of Grimrock, which I'm close to finishing and I feel I've gotten my money's worth. I was really enjoying it at first but as soon as I discovered you can circle strafe / kite your way out of everything the game got sort of boring. The puzzles are great, though.

The rest, I don't know when I'll get around to playing those, but probably not soon. I bought all of them on a whim just 'cause they were cheap. CKII, Tropico 4 and Grimrock are the only ones I've paid more than $5 for (CKII went for $10 but it's a $40 game). Nevertheless, it's more than I was planning to spend, but goddamn.

Crusader Kings II looks the most interesting, but it also looks like it has a steep learning curve.

Simcity 4 looks really dated at this point.

Dear Esther and Binding of Isaac I know almost nothing about, but the former was $2.5 and the latter $1.7 or something. And I've heard that they are at least interesting.

Lastly, does anyone know if Hitman:BM has gamepad support? As in, can I just plug in my 360 controller and it'll work? Am I even supposed to be playing it with a gamepad or is M/KB preferable?

Shurayuki

^I just wanted to post it because it fit the occasion^^

Which games, exactly?

Mainly Crusader Kings (has been on sale) and Europa Universalis III probably.

Sengogku came between them and is nice if somebody likes the Sengoku Jidai I guess, but a bit janky.

Piano

Banned
Which of the modern Need for Speed games is best? I came really close to biting on Hot Pursuit but several review mentioned the challenge later on coming from rubberband AI and that turned me off to it. Is it bad?

CRS

I will gift Prince of Persia 2008 to the first gaffer that comes up with a 16 bar diss rap against a moderator of your choice:

For reference this is 16 bars:

Better rhymes make for better songs, and that is not (1)
If you got a lot of what it takes just to get along (2)
Surrender now or suffer serious setbacks (3)
Got get-back, connects wet-back, get stacks (4)
Even if you gots to get jet-black, head to toe (5)
To get the dough, battle for bottles of Mo' or 'dro (6)
This fly flow take practice like Tae Bo (7)
With Billy Blanks (8)
"Oh, you're too kind!" "Really? Thanks." (9)
To the gone and lost forever like "O My Darling Clementine" (10)
He hold his heart when he tellin' rhymes (11)
When it's his time, I hope his soul go to Heaven (12)
He's nasty like the old time Old Number Seven (13)
You still taste it when you chase it with the Coca-Cola (14)
Make you wish they coulda erased it out the Motorola (15)
I told her - no credit for it back (16)

dont ban me for gods sake i love neogaf <33333 its in good fun.

Hahahahahahahaha. GAF-Hop is the best.

Edit: I'll throw in my other copy of Frozen Synapse to the winner of this as well.

I think I finally got to that point guys.

I looked through today's deals and said a bunch of times, yeah I want that... but I have all these other games...

Only took 722 games...

Still going to buy a bunch of dirt cheap shit the last day

Eusis

While it wouldn't surprise me if KotOR beat Ys Origin in voting, it's hard to imagine who in the fuck doesn't already own it, or at least has played through it. It's been $2.49 more than a few times, WHY HAVEN'T YOU GRABBED IT BEFORE?

Well, I guess many of the votes it gets could be more "man this game was cool" rather than actual desire to buy it, much like my Ys Origin vote, but I hope Ys wins so more people can get it, especially if it doesn't get a daily deal repeat like other games have.

LProtag

I really wish I picked up the whole Shogun 2 pack.

What are the chances Fall of the Samurai will go on sale again tomorrow? Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom