• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

j-wood

Well, based on GAF, I bought driver with my remaining funds. I'm down to 48 cents. Maybe they will put Crysis back up for sale during the winter sale and I can snag it then

If anyone is interested in Dear Esther - I made a review video about it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8ClBbrjl1U

It's my first review ever, so go easy on me =)

Sounds good. Pleasant voice and good choice of "images".

Really wanted to buy this in the sale earlier, then decided not to, now after watching this the scenery looks so beautiful. Sadly only 1,50€ left in my steamwallet. Could I put in coins in my CD-Drive to pay, I would just put cash in it *haha*

But yeah. Nice pleasant voice and good video :)

Oh yeah I know, just saying timezones are a bitch. This is also completely ruining my sleep schedule. Go Gaf
I've been getting a lot less sleep than I should because of GAF and Steam sales.

Well, based on GAF, I bought driver with my remaining funds. I'm down to 48 cents. Maybe they will put Crysis back up for sale during the winter sale and I can snag it then
Yay! Driver: SF is great, so enjoy.

just stopping by to say thanks GAF. This was my first steam sale and you guys sure made it awesome. Love seeing all the 'gifting' going on

14 games and 30 friends later...i'd say this was a success.

Thanks again!

steam id = GAF id if anyone wants to add me!

As weird as it sounds this years summer sale has helped me wake up early without even needing an alarm.

It has got me out of bed a few times. Will not know what to do with myself in the next few days. It's like summer camp is ending.

Will everybody write me letters?

steam id = GAF id

ShaneB

Just finished Dear Esther. Definitely an interesting experience, and quite thought provoking. If you bought it, certainly take the hour or so to go through it!

Thanks to Mr Elysia as well for gifting me Quantum Conundrum! I love puzzle game goodness, so this will be neat to play sometime soon! Can't let a gifted game just sit there!

Also, seeing so many people asking friends request is a big reminder why these Steam sales are so awesome, just brings in more and more people back to PC gaming! Fantastic!

mrgone

I want to try out Dayz but 40% is a bit high....

any specific videos to look at?

I think someone linked this in the regular Steam thread before the sale, or in the first Summer Sale thread, but it's pretty much what sparked my interest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRpPIyJDSEQ&list=PL68854CD9F0A0C4A7&index=1&feature=plpp_video

After that I dug through a bunch of other videos on youtube, then found my way to twitch.tv streaming, then various wikis, then DayZ reddit (which had/has some useful information/videos interspersed with the usual reddit nonsense :) ), etc, etc. It's a deep dark hole, it is

Tess3ract

Banned
Hoorah!

fOsQ0.png

I'm so sorry

DukeBobby

just stopping by to say thanks GAF. This was my first steam sale and you guys sure made it awesome. Love seeing all the 'gifting' going on

14 games and 30 friends later...i'd say this was a success.

Thanks again!

steam id = GAF id if anyone wants to add me!

This is my first Steam sale too. Everyone on GAF has been great, but they have persuaded me to buy more games than I should have. Definitely looking forward to the Winter sale!!

Ultimadrago

This is my first Steam sale too. Everyone on GAF has been great, but they have persuaded me to buy more games than I should have. Definitely looking forward to the Winter sale!!

For sure, this was my first major Steam Sale and I had a good time reading and interacting with this thread. I'm looking forward to the Winter sale!

Hopefully spending a bit less than $200 this time...

Thanks junior Jables Swan for Call of Cthulu!!! You rock man :)

Anybody feel free to add me as I only have 3 GAF friends and I play a lot. I.D. is robollama

Thank you so much for everyone who has added me so far! Seriously, I never expected to get this many invites. I'll continue to add anyone in this thread. :)

For sure, this was my first major Steam Sale and I had a good time reading and interacting with this thread. I'm looking forward to the Winter sale!

Hopefully spending a bit less than $200 this time...
My goal too. Total Damage will be almost $200 once Ys Origin goes on sale. Bought VTMB last year, but was too broke to buy anything else.

ShaneB

Stupid question here: I bought Burnout Paradise but... I don't know how to exit out of it. I feel like an idiot. Any ideas?

This always annoyed me to, even on the consoles it was incredibly obtuse.

You've got to cycle through a few menus and it's there. Keep hitting the bumpers(assuming you're using a controller or f1/f2) to get to the options menu I guess, and it's there at the bottom, return to main menu, or save and exit.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just beat it (Bastion). 12 hours. What an amazing creation. I didn't do the dream sidequests but I'll get to that eventually!

AMAZING game, thanks to the gifter ♥ !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom