• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonesquad

lmao

Since when was Cyberpunk synonymous with Piss Filter?

Jesus Christ, I feel people may be trolling me here......

I never said yellow filter = cyberpunk. Just that the filter helps the atmosphere of the game. You are supposed to be seeing the world through the eyes of Adam Jensen. Jensen does not see the world like that.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
what the fuck blur man

Yeah, I know, the blur is not for everyone, but I really love it in Skyrim.

The game simply doesn't look very good at a distance to me even when you increase the "grids" to display more detail. The last of post processing makes it feel very plain.

The settings I'm using produce an image more in-line with something like The Witcher 2.

Yeah, its Skyrim, the frozen north, it should look cold and kinda desolate.
It can still appear like the frozen north, however. That shot was at sunset. During the middle of the day in the snow, the lighting appears quite vibrant and cold.

This kind of scenery looks great to me.

cfb3d462d2250bdfa00047752a9fa956b131697c.jpg

abe7aaa4318d4c3448ec822d23d9f34b4f3d620d.jpg

cbd9d180963a500c193df6d492bf655292aaa49a.jpg

b1b0b3c3f2b2f0e0ec33de012c361fe5a3c2dcc4.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Did anybody work out how to fix the latest build of ENB for Human Revolution? It looks like a turd.

Sianos

The game simply doesn't look very good at a distance to me even when you increase the "grids" to display more detail. The last of post processing makes it feel very plain.

The settings I'm using produce an image more in-line with something like The Witcher 2.

It can still appear like the frozen north, however. That shot was at sunset. During the middle of the day in the snow, the lighting appears quite vibrant and cold.

And what kind of settings are those? :O

ImRight

ENB GTA IV:

Vanilla GTA IV:

DAMNNN they look Effin Spectacular, Why did the skyrim SS look so terrible then? Someone post more enb Skyrim shots.......the ones i saw just looked blurry and terribad

Edit: Those Shots above the "enb" mod or something different? cause seriously.... after seeing those....... im regretting not getting skyrim on pc, even tho i put in like 350 hours on Xbox........

iNvid02

And what kind of settings are those? :O

enb + mods + downsampling

burned out on skyrim so deleted my save and uninstalled it

will come back in a year or so when hopefully its as stable as its gonna be with all dlc included

enb and mods though, they just transform the game. the atmosphere the game has is unbeatable

Sephon

I can't handle this... What's going on with steam? are there any deals updating soon? Am I missing something???

My food is burning on the stove... great job valve, really!!

Roto13

Steam is being wonky because the universe is trying to keep me from buying that Double Fine bundle, which I'm fairly certain I wouldn't actually like. Thanks, universe.

I never said yellow filter = cyberpunk. Just that the filter helps the atmosphere of the game. You are supposed to be seeing the world through the eyes of Adam Jensen. Jensen does not see the world like that.

Come on man, it's just another shitty piss filter. If it was supposed to be us just "seeing the world through Adam Jensen's eyes" then the piss filter wouldn't be there in the first part of the game.

Also, I finally got my badge for voting 15 times. I'm convinced that most people votes weren't counted during that one glitchy vote.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
What's the performance impact?
If I'm willing to drop to 1600x900 then I still see a perfect 60 fps. At 1920x1080 it drops here and there and higher is even worse.

That's with a GTX580. I'd assume a 680 would only serve to improve things.

1-D_FTW

The Skyrim shots do look pretty amazing. But assuming those are super sampled to the moon and back and you either need a monster rig or they're purely meant for screenshots.

If I'm willing to drop to 1600x900 then I still see a perfect 60 fps. At 1920x1080 it drops here and there and higher is even worse.

That's with a GTX580. I'd assume a 680 would only serve to improve things.

Or maybe not. Those aren't supersampled?

ImRight

Please PLEASE PLEASE tell me what Mods/tweaks ect. u r running there those ss's are AMAZING Esepcially the middle one's seriously there the best shot's in any game i have ever seen......

And as was asked already, whats the preformance impact?

Edit: My spelling fails me, Grammar? what

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
"Error Code: -118

Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not be connected to the internet."

Maybe I'm not connected to the internets. Can you guys see this post?

Everybody dling Sniper Elite probably fried the servers.
Nope, you're definitely not connected as I can't see your post :(

Sianos

i could still get 60 frames
with a 690

it depends on the enb config, some perform better than others and you can customise it to disable effects like ssao which are very demanding.

Yeah, probably going to melt my old 5570. :U

I think I'll upgrade next year when we know next gen console specs so I can be sure to outclass those at a reasonable price.

Weenerz

Banned
The steam site isnt coming up on my phone. What are the current flash deals (with prices) and how long until the vote goes away. Hoping the site works soon. I'm stuck at work and they block steam but not this site.

Sianos

Gaben is depriving us of our succulent sales to get us ready to devour a day of repeats. :U

IN THE END, LORD GABEN CONTROLS US ALL

XOMTOR

GFWL isn't even the issue (though that can be a headache too), but rather that you can only install it so many times before you don't own it anymore. You can deactivate your installation using the revoke tool, but they even put a limit on that. Realistically it would take a long time, if ever, to run out of activations on a singleplayer game like this, but still, if I buy the game I'd like to know I can install it on as many machines as I wish.

It's only €9.51 and I want to play it so I'm going to have to fight the urge to buy it for the next 7 hours, but yeah. Would have been willing to pay a lot more had it not been for the SecuROM crap.

Oh I agree, SecuRom is a horrible POS (well the disk check kind isn't too bad) but the Batman games are really fantastic and at this low price, it'd be kinda hard to walk away. Of course if you strongly oppose this type of DRM and want to stand your ground, that's cool too.

yogloo

That looks as if you instagram filtered all the screenshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom