• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImRight

If I'm willing to drop to 1600x900 then I still see a perfect 60 fps. At 1920x1080 it drops here and there and higher is even worse.

That's with a GTX580. I'd assume a 680 would only serve to improve things.

So 2 Oc'ed 7970's in CF should do the job nicley for 1080p?

Or would i still be able to do it with the one?

Cause if those shots are direct from game im willing to buy another one Purely for this game with those mods :D

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Anyone have luck getting a wallet card from Gamestop? I just went to pick up a few, and they told me that they're out of codes due to Valve doing maintenance.

Yeah, I know, the blur is not for everyone, but I really love it in Skyrim.

The game simply doesn't look very good at a distance to me even when you increase the "grids" to display more detail. The last of post processing makes it feel very plain.

The settings I'm using produce an image more in-line with something like The Witcher 2.

It can still appear like the frozen north, however. That shot was at sunset. During the middle of the day in the snow, the lighting appears quite vibrant and cold.

This kind of scenery looks great to me.

cfb3d462d2250bdfa00047752a9fa956b131697c.jpg

abe7aaa4318d4c3448ec822d23d9f34b4f3d620d.jpg

cbd9d180963a500c193df6d492bf655292aaa49a.jpg

b1b0b3c3f2b2f0e0ec33de012c361fe5a3c2dcc4.jpg

What are your settings dark, I messed around with ENB for a couple hours and really couldn't get anywhere close to your look; all the shrubs were super bright looking in my game.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Those shots can be achieved using the following:

Texture pack, Cinematic Lighting for ENB, FXAA with sharpening, and mods (Realistic Water Textures, Better Dynamic Snow, Vurts Flora Overhaul, Lush Trees, Lush Grass, etc).

I didn't actually take those shots, though, but I've managed to achieve similar results (aside from using the character update packs and whatnot). I just don't have any recent screens handy. You can achieve image quality almost that good by running at a resolution higher than your monitor in addition to using FXAA with sharpening. The performance takes a dip, though, at those resolutions.

Deadstar

The steam site isnt coming up on my phone. What are the current flash deals (with prices) and how long until the vote goes away. Hoping the site works soon. I'm stuck at work and they block steam but not this site.

Double Fine $7.49 (pack?)
Dungeon Siege III $4.99 (Ending in 40 minutes)
Crysis 2 $11.99 (Ending in 40 minutes)
Sniper Elite $24.99

marrec

Banned
Anyone think Batman: Lego 2 will come down more? It's 33% off right now.

This is the one I'm really waiting on. I'll probably buy it even if it doesn't drop further. (33% off is better than 0% off) but I'd be really awesome if the whole Lego Franchise gets a sale on Steam.

A friend just gifted me Batman: AC.

I think I'm going to give him Bad Rats in return, being as I am a good friend.

a friend GIFTED you it? Man I have shit friends compared to you. I'm lucky to get a game from other people for birthdays or christmas, let alone just for the hell of it lol

Instead of just sitting around waiting for steam, I'm going to

PLAY A VIDEO GAME

That's what I've been doing instead of posting on here so much, haha.

I've knocked out:

The Clockwork Man
Saints Row The Third
Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders

And started Vessel.

Deadstar

I want to get in on some of this Day Z action. What's the cheapest Arma II has been and I thought I heard I need some dlc or something.

Brick

This is the one I'm really waiting on. I'll probably buy it even if it doesn't drop further. (33% off is better than 0% off) but I'd be really awesome if the whole Lego Franchise gets a sale on Steam.

This is also what I'm waiting for. *crosses fingers*

The Lego franchise sale, I mean.

It seems to sort of be up, but I can't really do anything.

Voting isn't working, and it tells me to sign in when I try to buy Stacking.... I'm definitely signed in.

Dipswitch

I've used an "offline" GFWL profile for both Batman games an never experienced an issue. Eliminates any connection issues to the Live servers. Of course, I can't buy the Harley Quinn DLC using an offline profile but I don't care for the DLC model anyway.

I don't think the online or offline thing has anything to do with the savegame deletion.

Rocksteady issued a patch for the savegame deletion bug, which suggests it never had anything to do with GFWL. Or perhaps that Rocksteady's implementation of it was buggy.

I am confused why people seem to go out of their way to setup offline profiles for GFWL though. I have read of people experiencing difficulties with these profiles getting blown away when GFWL decides it wants to revert/recreate an online profile for your account instead.

Don't dick around with it to begin with is my advice - setup a normal online profile, set it up to automatically login and it should work fine. I ran it without any issues on Vista x64 for several years and I just nuked Vista in favor of Windows 7. Aside from some guff it gave me about re-downloading my profile (Which seemed to sort itself out a few minutes later) I was back in business with minimal hassle.

see5harp

Tried to play Magika with someone last night. Why does that game have such a terrible UI? Why can't I invite someone from my friendslist? Why can't I jump into a game in progress? Why can't most PC developers understand how to do online? I mean Tribes has some of the same dumb ass issues with no invites, no party system, nothing that would make the game an easy to play experience for multiple people.

Arkham City has full 360 pad support right? Just making sure before I pull the trigger.
Yes, but my mouse pointer appears in the centre of the screen each time I access the map. Not very slick. I asked in the community thread and apparently there is no fix, but I'm interested to see if lots of other people are getting this problem...

dmr87

I want to get in on some of this Day Z action. What's the cheapest Arma II has been and I thought I heard I need some dlc or something.

Afaik, -20% is the current and highest discount so far, but the sale isn't over yet. I predict a Steam meltdown when/if it goes 50-75%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom