• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recommended mods? Use enb series and find some mods for that. The results are pretty amazing, I think.

Here's an example I took from my PC:

Regular Skyrim
807da697d8eabb7ecf78f52049fa1fc19990eaa1.jpg

enb Skyrim
4fb0e86af3498527b2facee5ae6073982a2c3330.jpg

Skyrim: Trine Edition

Link Man

Banned
Here's hoping for a a Tomb Raider franchise sale. Would like to get Anniversary, didn't have the budget during the flash deal (and it lost the community vote).

gabbo

Challenge Maps. Basically fighting room, but with Nightwing and Robin. Just buy the game and all the DLC, it will be cheaper than the GOTY edition.

I held out for over a year on AA and want other games more than Batman:AC, so I can wait.
Harley's Revenge would be the only DLC I'd buy anyway, since I don't care for arena maps and skins

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck i'm raging hard at this boss in Ys right now. fuuuuuuuck

edit: voted Krater

XOMTOR

Skipping Batman because of the DRM stories I have heard about it. Too bad.

I've used an "offline" GFWL profile for both Batman games an never experienced an issue. Eliminates any connection issues to the Live servers. Of course, I can't buy the Harley Quinn DLC using an offline profile but I don't care for the DLC model anyway.

Voted Krater as well.

epmode

I've used an "offline" GFWL profile for both Batman games an never experienced an issue. Eliminates any connection issues to the Live servers. Of course, I can't buy the Harley Quinn DLC using an offline profile but I don't care for the DLC model anyway.
I don't think the online or offline thing has anything to do with the savegame deletion.

I solved it by installing Gamesave manager which is a brilliant program in its own right.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Yeah, the thing about E.Y.E is that it was not only already in a bundle, it's 60% off standard instead of the more common 50%. It's $4, is anyone really saying to themselves "well if it was 50 cents less, I'd jump"?

I dunno about Sanctum but I swear that game is on sale all the time.

Meanwhile Krater's $11.25 now and a 50% discount would drop that to $7.50. That's pretty significant for anyone who's on the fence.

* all prices are in USD, the only currency that matters
just in case, this is sarcasm

Considering the Double Fine pack but I probably won't be getting to those games anytime soon. I guess my current philosophy on buying games during Steam sales goes like this:

If it's a game I want and I plan on playing it in the near future
  • Buy
If it's a game I want but I don't plan on playing it anytime soon
  • a. Rock bottom price - Buy
  • b. Could go lower - Wait for next sale

I have a feeling the Double Fine pack prices are about as low as they'll reasonably go but I have a feeling Iron Brigade could be added to that pack at some point in the future.

Sianos

Went along with Krater even though I don't intend to buy it. Running low on funds, only have enough for my wishlist and five extra dollars worth of games.

Voted Krater.

Waiting for Arma II and maybe Civ5

The Civilization games have been on sale twice I believe. I'm not sure if they'll reappear again.

EDIT: Also, I agree that the ENB mod makes Skyrim look worse. As another poster hass mentioned it makes it look quite over-saturated and it makes it seem pretty blurry to me.

MRORANGE

Recommended mods? Use enb series and find some mods for that. The results are pretty amazing, I think.

Here's an example I took from my PC:

Regular Skyrim
807da697d8eabb7ecf78f52049fa1fc19990eaa1.jpg

enb Skyrim
4fb0e86af3498527b2facee5ae6073982a2c3330.jpg

regular Skyrim looks better, ENB looks like they added some poor man's bokeh and added some warm glowing gooey filter on.

ShaneB

I much prefer OG Skyrim as well, I played it in huge part because of the cold snowy enviroment, and how harsh and northern it all is.

Sianos

It'd be nice to be able to adjust the levels of saturation: I'd like a brighter, more pop-out world, but not that extreme level.

mrgone

Just bought Crysis Maximum edition bundle! Excited to play these games (already played a bit of crysis1)
Only annoyance: Canada bandwidth limits suck! I have 90gb/month and its 31gb to install the entire bundle. This, with my netflix streaming has made me go wayyyyy over that limit...in about 8 days. Time to upgrade internet limits for the Steam Sale :)

Yeah, I don't know how they've been getting away with the ridiculously small caps here for so long. My cap's been 60gb since 2006. I'm lucky that they've been pretty kind about not charging for overage, but they could potentially be charging $2 per gig over that 60. Monopolies suck.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The Witcher 2 lost to Skyrim, now Deus Ex loses to Batman.

Boo.

Forreal. Total inferiority in these vote winners. I still have yet to beat Arkham City and I love Batman. They just put so much unnecessary stuff in that game.

Sianos

Better to buy cheap than to not buy at all.

Also, the developers don't have all the retail and manufacturing costs, only the steam cut, so they can afford to sell their games for less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom