• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a way isn't it better not to go on sale, when I pick up a game for one quid how much is that to the makers?

It's better for the publishers possibly (unless the increase in the amount of sales that are obtained via a sale is so large that it overcomes the amount of sales at the current price which I suspect it does) but it isn't better for the consumer.

SLV

Can anyone from the US gift me the Batman franchise ? it is not available for my region -_- (i am in Europe , Latvia, but this whole summer sale has been bullshit, each day 1 or 2 games not for my region). As i understand it costs 25 $ ? PM me someone who can do it, thanks !

Firebrand

I've used an "offline" GFWL profile for both Batman games an never experienced an issue. Eliminates any connection issues to the Live servers. Of course, I can't buy the Harley Quinn DLC using an offline profile but I don't care for the DLC model anyway.
GFWL isn't even the issue (though that can be a headache too), but rather that you can only install it so many times before you don't own it anymore. You can deactivate your installation using the revoke tool, but they even put a limit on that. Realistically it would take a long time, if ever, to run out of activations on a singleplayer game like this, but still, if I buy the game I'd like to know I can install it on as many machines as I wish.

It's only €9.51 and I want to play it so I'm going to have to fight the urge to buy it for the next 7 hours, but yeah. Would have been willing to pay a lot more had it not been for the SecuROM crap.

XOMTOR

I don't think the online or offline thing has anything to do with the savegame deletion.

I solved it by installing Gamesave manager which is a brilliant program in its own right.

Who knows but when it comes to GFWL, I like to keep things as simple as possible. Supposedly, the save issues have been fixed. Or have they?

And yea, Gamesave Manager is great.

1-D_FTW

The door is over there.

Use it.

ENB GTA IV
ENB Deus EX:HR
ENB: Skyrim

are all triumphant upgrades to the graphics.

Which is pretty funny, because I rarely like those GTA 4 screens you post. Every once in a while they get cars to look great, but people have no moderation and over saturate everything to ridiculous degrees.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
lol just bought that- sounded like a trip
Starting to regret that I'm playing on hard... pick normal unless you want to rip your hair off on some of these boss battles! Like, I have to play perfect for 15 minutes, one mistake and you're fucked. Really?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I've almost bought KOTOR like 5 times now.

I got an old weird version through IGN points like 4 years ago though, and I could never get it to run above 10fps on my modern system. It's scared me away from the STEAM purchase everytime. :/

Still getting 500 Internal Server Error
I'm ocassionally getting them too. It refreshes, then I go check something out. I get an error message. Try to refresh the page. In fact, I voted again, then it asked me to sign into steam, which I am! lol. Steam Store page is entirely blank for me.

Sianos

Starting to regret that I'm playing on hard... pick normal unless you want to rip your hair off on some of these boss battles! Like, I have to play perfect for 15 minutes, one mistake and you're fucked. Really?

easymode.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
ENB Deus EX: HR

Find me better looking vanilla sreenshots

Hmm, that does look better controlled, but I was referring to the GTA and skyrim mods. Especially the skyrim screenshot posted. The colors are way oversaturated and the sky background is blown out for no really good reason.

I agree that a filter can make the image look better if used properly but most that I've seen are eh.

SLV

Can anyone from the US gift me the Batman franchise ? it is not available for my region -_- (i am in Europe , Latvia, but this whole summer sale has been bullshit, each day 1 or 2 games not for my region). As i understand it costs 25 $ ? PM me someone who can do it, thanks !

Anyone ?

Sianos

Without the yellow filter, as seen through the eyes of Jensen, the game loses its cool cyber punk feel. Why would someone ruin the game like that?

Yeah, at first I thought it looked nicer and cleaner, but it loses a lot of the atmosphere to the game. Is there a way to use mild amounts of ENB while still keeping some atmosphere?

Dennis

Banned
Without the yellow filter, as seen through the eyes of Jensen, the game loses its cool cyber punk feel. Why would someone ruin the game like that?

lmao

Since when was Cyberpunk synonymous with Piss Filter?

Jesus Christ, I feel people may be trolling me here......

Sora_N

GFWL isn't even the issue (though that can be a headache too), but rather that you can only install it so many times before you don't own it anymore. You can deactivate your installation using the revoke tool, but they even put a limit on that. Realistically it would take a long time, if ever, to run out of activations on a singleplayer game like this, but still, if I buy the game I'd like to know I can install it on as many machines as I wish.

It's only €9.51 and I want to play it so I'm going to have to fight the urge to buy it for the next 7 hours, but yeah. Would have been willing to pay a lot more had it not been for the SecuROM crap.

I feel the same way, is that with both Bats? I was eyeing AA but unsure, even though it's cheap it's stupid if I can't actually keep it 'forever'.

biocat

"Error Code: -118

Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not be connected to the internet."

Maybe I'm not connected to the internets. Can you guys see this post?

Everybody dling Sniper Elite probably fried the servers.

Sianos

lmao

Since when was Cyberpunk synonymous with Piss Filter?

Jesus Christ, I feel people may be trolling me here......

Is it possible to make the game slightly more bright, but nor ruin the gloominess of certain parts? Is it an all-in-one deal or are there adjustable sliders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom