• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've missed out on so many games this time around as I just spent over $2k on bits for my car the other week, so I made a deal with myself. Not to spend more than $5 on a game, and not to spend a total more than the average retail release.

Same boat here. Had to pass on some good stuff because I just dropped a ton of money into a new rig.

Ironic, really.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Yeah, that's totally r/gaming front page material.

I should know. I've moderated that subreddit for years. I created /r/Games, too.

If you post that at the right time, you'll have about 100,000-200,000 sets of eyes on it. Pretty cool feeling.

MadeWell

wendys_medium.jpg
is this it?

Personally, I just wanted an excuse to post a pic of the adorable Petrie!

On that note, I've got a copy of Saints Row 2 to give away. Only requirement is that you never have played one of them before, though I obviously can only check via Steam. First person to post a pic of the mascot for the place Freckle Bitches is parodying gets it.

tBcua.jpg

Never played any saints row.

Edit: Well damn. I didnt know you wanted the Wendys logo.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Personally, I just wanted an excuse to post a pic of the adorable Petrie!

On that note, I've got a copy of Saints Row 2 to give away. Only requirement is that you never have played one of them before, though I obviously can only check via Steam. First person to post a pic of the mascot for the place Freckle Bitches is parodying gets it.

O8MW4.png

Edit: I lose. Also, I have Saints Row III, so I wasn't really playing to win. =P

I should know. I've moderated that subreddit for years. I created /r/Games, too.

If you post that at the right time, you'll have about 100,000-200,000 sets of eyes on it. Pretty cool feeling.

Aghh! Reddit is too crazy for me, I tried, but I get a headache there. feel free to post this stuff over there, just mention a fellow GAFers or something.

Are the stars from Sword of the Stars?

Just cuz!

Nope, Huge clue..it is from an oldskool game, this should help a lot!

Dacvak

Ys Origin as a flash sale... Plz, plz, plz.

That's what I voted for, but only because so many people here have mentioned how boneriffic it is.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I bought both, do you know which to play first?
Yes! Dragonlife and everyone else recommends Oath as the first Ys game, mostly because it introduces you to the game abit better than Origin. Also it's less dungeon crawler'y!

Jobacca

Neo Member
How can I get my steam community thingy to work for me? Like, steamcommunity.com/id/myID. Everytime I try it says my ID cannot be found :/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Time to go home. Thanks for entertaining me at work with this thread Gaf.
I take it you (along with everyone else in this thread) will do the same when I start work on Monday :(?

Dacvak

Johnny, tell us the sections where there are still unidentified game references. (I think we know one already.)

YlY8B.png

Edit: Hmm, I guess I'm a bit late to this. There's only one left! Well, it's up to you Johnny.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm kind of hoping the total war franchise gets another flash sale. I've been craving some Rome for the first time in years but I'm not sure if I should just wait for 2 next year.

How can I get my steam community thingy to work for me? Like, steamcommunity.com/id/myID. Everytime I try it says my ID cannot be found :/

go to community > edit my profile > and there you can change the display name link. It's normally numbers but you can change it to your name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom