• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Velvet Assassin?

iiU2m.gif

Got one!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Universe Sandbox guys, tell me about it

It's scientific. Really, it's not much of a game. It's a "universe explorer" or sorts. You get to create planets/stars/etc and give them their own gravity, then plop them somewhere (like a stable universe) and see how it affects it.

It's pretty fun, but it's not really casual-friendly, like most simulators. I've messed up the universe dozens of times. Either way, it's a hoot to watch stars blow up.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
It's also worth noting that with Universe Sandbox, you need a pretty powerful processor/GPU to do the REALLY crazy stuff you see in the preview video. It'll run on absolutely any machine, but you become limited by the number of particles you want to see/affect.

Ultimadrago

Can anyone confirm if the logo on the shoes is really on a pair from Big Daddies?

I don't think it is. It keeps reminding me of Frozen Synapse, but it's not exactly the same.

Stay away from Universe Sandbox unless you're a space/astronomy buff or something like that. Not too much "game" inside there. Most of the "fun" things to do in it involve throwing a celestial object inside another without even the satisfaction of a good cosmic fireworks show.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I promise I wouldn't alt tab from Metro 2033 but I wanted to thank Mikor for the gift! It's one of his favorite fps of all time, so can't wait to dig into that eventually!

Pl99C.jpg

Gala

Can anyone confirm if the logo on the shoes is really on a pair from Big Daddies?

I don't think it is. It keeps reminding me of Frozen Synapse, but it's not exactly the same.

I don't see any logo on the shoes, actually.

What do you make of the "e" on the helmet" and the stars?

Dacvak

Fable III any good?

There are much better choices, regardless if someone enjoyed playing it. If you're looking to scratch that itch, grab something like Dragon Age Origins if it goes on sale again, tomorrow. Really, any western RPG will be a better choice.

Dacvak

I promise I wouldn't alt tab from Metro 2033 but I wanted to thank Mikor for the gift! It's one of his favorite fps of all time, so can't wait to dig into that eventually!

http://i.imgur.com/Pl99C.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yoshi, how the hell do you brainwash so many people to send you gifts? It's those damn Yoshi.gifs, isn't it!? ISN'T IT!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom