• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielsan

I am not amused.

steamcommunity.png
Absolutely nothing I care for.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
A hero named Wibble flew through the sky,
blaming Steam voters for choosing awry,
Happened upon a poster's nonchalance,
the poster's name was Sarcastic Response.

"Dear Gaffer, what seems to be the matter?"
"These horrible flash sales fill me with laughter!"
Wibble's eyebrows furrowed in thought,
'This junior is crying over nothing he bought!'

"Well Gaffer", Wibble said, "I have something to show,"
"My super power allows me the ability to grow!"
Response shielded his eyes, "Sir don't show me that please!"
"Can't you see this poem is PG-13?"

Wibble chuckled. "Oh ho, calm down young one,"
"I have the power to grow like a flower in the sun!"
Wibble grew in the light, reaching epic proportions,
He'd have no problem pulling off an extortion.

He carried Response to the nearest computer,
pulled out his credit card and told him to use it.
"Buy a game, whatever you like!"
"But if it's over $5, I'm ending your life!"
Response finally chose a cheap game to buy,
and that's why Wibble is one hell of a guy.

:)

Even if you don't win, I just want to say this one is awesome. Well done!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
That was fantastic, Dacvak!

Some excellent poetry comin in, this'll be a tough one.
Thanks mate. =)

Alright I am back!

First one that names all the ten (10) GAFers in these pics correctly (spelling of their username)

Wins a copy of ...wait for it...Secret of the Magic Crystals!

M9414.jpg

Holy shit, dude. I don't even think I know one of them. =P

Please vote for Galactic Civilizations 2! I missed out first time round as I had no money. :( I really, really want to have another chance to buy it. Have every intention of selling my kidney.

Has anyone gotten the "vote everyday" acheivement for the Summer Sale Steam Badge?

I thought I had voted everyday, and this is the last day and I voted after midnight, but I don't have it.

Oh, and in case it wasn't mentioned before, you can get Garry's Mod + CS: Source in a bundle for cheaper than CS: Source alone.

Best deal Counter Strike has had in the sale so far.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Mid sale? Maybe the gifting has convinced a publisher that different regional prices are a stupid idea.

Steamprices says it dropped from $90 to $30 (its current base price) on the 18th, but I didn't notice it until now.

brucewillisdoubletakecbkbm.gif

Was just wondering about that price. Actually made me consider it

It's a great game provided you don't expect much more of it than what id are known for.

Whats the point of the community choice if not for new titles? I was expecting something new.

So you were expecting something that has never happened ever in this sale to happen on one of the last days?

Alright I am back!

First one that names all the ten (10) GAFers in these pics correctly (spelling of their username)

Wins a copy of ...wait for it...Secret of the Magic Crystals!

M9414.jpg

GuyWhoHatesJews, little_boy, shadowwindow, banana, zombiegraffeti, dr. vampire, hot_lady_in_mirrors, I wish I owned a bra, usbduck, beeeeeeeees

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Name the top three, it's easy if you literally say what you see in the pic, and check the thread post history.

Thing is, I mainly pay attention to people's avatars, not really their names. I'm pretty bad with names. =P

ImRight

Somebody else tried TikiOne Steam Cleaner?
Maybe it's been discussed earlier in the thread, but it's worth repeating.

Tried it now and got rid of almost 5 gb of uneccesary files.

About the program:

Wow thanks Heaps! Just saved me 5.3 gb, Pretty significant amount really expecially when it comes of an ssd.

On another note

Wakes up* Payday on Flash again :O... 6 mins left :O BUY BUY BUY BUY

Crayons

Banned
So you were expecting something that has never happened ever in this sale to happen on one of the last days?
Yes. And why not? Mirror's Edge and The Last Journey were available only by community choices. Steam has well over 2000 games, I'm sure a great many haven't been daily deals/flash sales/community choices.

Yes. And why not? Mirror's Edge and The Last Journey were available only by community choices. Steam has well over 2000 games, I'm sure a great many haven't been daily deals/flash sales/community choices.

Yeah you just wait till tomorrow and we'll see if they were never dailys :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom