• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Alright I am back!

First one that names all the ten (10) GAFers in these pics correctly (spelling of their username)

Wins a copy of ...wait for it...Secret of the Magic Crystals!

M9414.jpg

I only got Riggs as the first one. What a shitty prize lol. Not worth the effort. I guess the second last one could be Chinner.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

MNC

You people are crazy. Theres still one day of sales. Thats the last day you need for all the votes. Just look at a standard sale and the hours left.

Thanks to that impressions post i want binary domain ;(

A hero named Wibble flew through the sky,
blaming Steam voters for choosing awry,
Happened upon a poster's nonchalance,
the poster's name was Sarcastic Response.

"Dear Gaffer, what seems to be the matter?"
"These horrible flash sales fill me with laughter!"
Wibble's eyebrows furrowed in thought,
'This junior is crying over nothing he bought!'

"Well Gaffer", Wibble said, "I have something to show,"
"My super power allows me the ability to grow!"
Response shielded his eyes, "Sir don't show me that please!"
"Can't you see this poem is PG-13?"

Wibble chuckled. "Oh ho, calm down young one,"
"I have the power to grow like a flower in the sun!"
Wibble grew in the light, reaching epic proportions,
He'd have no problem pulling off an extortion.

He carried Response to the nearest computer,
pulled out his credit card and told him to use it.
"Buy a game, whatever you like!"
"But if it's over $5, I'm ending your life!"
Response finally chose a cheap game to buy,
and that's why Wibble is one hell of a guy.

:)

WINNER OF AUDITORIUM

This was tough. I had five names written down and read over them multiple times. In the end I liked the writing in this one and it got me to laugh.

Oh, and because I can I'm giving a different prize to NSQuote because I like the effort he put into both of my silly contests. So congrats there as well.

I won't likely do another one tonight since I need to be up in less than seven hours. Most likely expect one or two more tomorrow.

I'll be PMing both of these winners for prizes and such.

I want Ys Oath, or Blades of Time to go on sale. Realistically only Ys can go on sale rofl.

edit

Can't even think of another game I want to pickup.

Eusis

Somewhat torn. GC2 sounds like the better game, was in a flash deal, and people want it, but I DID get that in the flash deal and I kept passing up on CK2. I may vote for CK2, but it feels silly with a few strategy games to play through already.

whitehawk

Banned
Posted this in the windows 8 thread, but I wonder if any of you guys know about this.

I'm thinking of bootcamping my iMac with the Windows 8 release preview so I can play a bunch of Steam games I just bought. Is there an expiry date on the preview? If so when, and what happens when that date comes?

WINNER OF AUDITORIUM

This was tough. I had five names written down and read over them multiple times. In the end I liked the writing in this one and it got me to laugh.

Oh, and because I can I'm giving a different prize to NSQuote because I like the effort he put into both of my silly contests. So congrats there as well.

I won't likely do another one tonight since I need to be up in less than seven hours. Most likely expect one or two more tomorrow.

I'll be PMing both of these winners for prizes and such.

Woohoo! Thanks Wibble! :3

Crayons

Banned
Somewhat torn. GC2 sounds like the better game, was in a flash deal, and people want it, but I DID get that in the flash deal and I kept passing up on CK2. I may vote for CK2, but it feels silly with a few strategy games to play through already.
Just buy CK2 off Amazon. Comes in a pack for $12 with a couple other games too.

Smash88

Banned
Just a heads up for anyone wondering what is up with the badges. No one has received it.

As well, there a steam thread going on and hundreds are confirming the same thing as well as volunteer moderators.

This is a problem with Steam that needs to be fixed it looks like.

Correct answers so far 6 for 10. 4 more to go!

-Riggs
-Banana Kid
-Dr. Acula
-Dacvak
-BeeEight
-Double D

Hint: You guys old enough to remember Mike Tyson's famous (threatening) quote to Evander Hollyfiled?

jerd

At work... Phone is dead... please... someone tell me the flash deals... and community choice voting options... I needs it...

Just a heads up for anyone wondering what is up with the badges. No one has received it.

As well, there a steam thread going on and hundreds are confirming the same thing as well as volunteer moderators.

This is a problem with Steam that needs to be fixed it looks like.
They could start with the new dailys...

Eusis

So GAF should I purchase Ys origins now or hope it hits as a daily deal/best of deal later today???
Wait unless you BADLY need to play it ASAP. It's hard to imagine you can't wait two days just to do that if you didn't get it at release anyway.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
(In no particular order...) Dacvak, Dr. Acula, Catshade, Riggs, Banana Kid, Zombie James, Infinite Justice, BeesEight.

Maybe Big Baby Buddha?

The One Who Knocks? badchoiceboobies? Wunder?

How close am I?

I'd like to mention that I got all of these by myself, with the exception of "Dacvak" (lol).

Edit: Add Double D to that list.

(In no particular order...) Dacvak, Dr. Acula, Catshade, Riggs, Banana Kid, Zombie James, Infinite Justice, BeesEight.

Maybe Big Baby Buddha?

The One Who Knocks? badchoiceboobies? Wunder?

How close am I?

Damn I think you got this!! One sec brb...

Correct answers so far...

-Riggs
-Banana Kid
-Dr. Acula
-Dacvak
-BeeEight
-Double D
-Catshade
-Zombie James
-Infinite Justice

Yep just one more!

Smash88

Banned
At work... Phone is dead... please... someone tell me the flash deals... and community choice voting options... I needs it...

Galactic Civilizations 2 Ultimate Edition - 75% off
WarGame European Escalation - 50% off
Crusader Kings 2 - 75% off

Those 3 are the community voting options.

Flash deals:

Universe Sandbox - $2.49
Garry's Mod - $2.49
Anno 2070 - $24.99
RAGE - $10.19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom