• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czigga

Dude KOTOR has already been on Flash Sale like twice it feels like. I would've at least bought DS, KOTOR was my least wanted lol.

I guess now that I think about it most community choice sales go against what I vote for.

dani_dc

KOTOR is 75% off every sale, and I think it was that price twice already this sale!

Voted Ys even though I'm not picking it up this sale (seeing as I haven't even gotten Oath) since so many people here wanted it.

Meanwhile at the steam forums:

ist2_4055879-cocktail-party.jpg

zoku88

KOTOR is 75% off every sale, and I think it was that price twice already this sale!

Voted Ys even though I'm not picking it up this sale (seeing as I haven't even gotten Oath) since so many people here wanted it.

Hmm? Origin and Oath basically have nothing to do with eachother. You don't need to play one to fully enjoy the other...

hlhbk

WTF. How the hell doesn't everyone already have KOTOR? Come on man! Hopefully Ys will be part of the repcap sales or I am waiting till winter sale.

Benedict

Somebody else tried TikiOne Steam Cleaner?
Maybe it's been discussed earlier in the thread, but it's worth repeating.

Tried it now and got rid of almost 5 gb of uneccesary files.

About the program:
The good old time :

When you installed a video game from a CD or a DVD, you installed some redistributable packages too : DirectX, Games For Windows Live Redist, VC Redist, Rapture3D, NVidia PhysX Redist, etc. They were installed from the CD/DVD, and those installers didn't stay on your hard drive.

Now, Steam, the problem :

The Steam application allows you to download games from the Internet and install them, but what about these redistributable packages ? You probably saw they are installed the first time you launch your game, OK, but what happens to these files when they go wasted ? The answer is very simple : Steam doesn't delete them. An example : install the first complete season of Sam & Max (6 episodes) : every episode is about ~300MB. For each of them, you can count 100MB for the DirectX redistributable package. Yes, it is about a third of the game files size, and they are not removed by Steam. For 6 episodes, you could save 600MB. Imagine what you could save for 10 or 20 games.

The solution :

A little tool that is able to list every redistributable package stored on your Steam directories, and allows you to remove them. This is the goal of TikiOne-Steam-Cleaner. This is a very simple program : set the Steam SteamApps folder (this is a sub-folder of the Steam application), click "Search", you choose what file or folder you want to remove.

Kuroyume

Banned
A japanese RPG against Star Wars. It may as well have been Ys against COD MW3 up there. It's not the '90s anymore no chance.

I voted for Ys but you guys had to know there was little chance of it. lol

dani_dc

Hmm? Origin and Oath basically have nothing to do with eachother. You don't need to play one to fully enjoy the other...

Well Oath is cheaper and people recomend to play it first, so I'll pick it up at the end of the summer sales (don't think it will go cheaper but why risk it?), hopefully finishing by the time Origin goes on sale again.

With the amount of games I have I can't imagine needing two Ys right away.

THE PRIZE - AUDITORIUM

Alright, this time I'll give away a copy of Auditorium by Cipher Prime Studios. A puzzle game with some great music and pretty cool style.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/205870/

The Rules

1) One entry per person.

2) First twenty again.

3 )If you won last time you can "enter" but I won't consider you for a winner.

The Challenge

Write a poem about me, your favorite superhero, and what I did that won you over. It's fair to shorten my username to Wibble. It must be a minimum of 4 lines. AND IT MUST RHYME or it will upset me greatly.

Don't upset your favorite superhero, okay?

Probably call this one in thirty minutes or so since I'll need to sleep soon enough.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
FUCK this game.

nZ7Dx.png

Took me a freaking half hour to beat the fourth level. I don't remember it being so frustrating when I played this on the Wii, but seriously, I think I'm done playing this.

I've got enough Steam games to play that I shouldn't have to get pissed off by one of them.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
It's okay guys, just buy Ys Oath and wait for Origin when the winter sale rolls around.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Steam needs to redo the way the vote is currently structured if they plan on doing it again. The current method is garbage and heavily favors voters voting in fan favorites/name recognization even if they don't plan to buy at all.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I don't understand people. Who doesn't have KOTOR and still wants to play it at this point? :|

Ummmm, 37% of the voters?

trollface.jpg

Sucks I know. I chose Y's not because I wanted it but because there was nothing there I wanted so went with the majority of GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom