• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
VALVE just confirmed through a post that this is not the final day of sales.

Monday is.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31871905&postcount=37

Sgre8.jpg

Cool, guessed that's how it would be but thanks for clarifying, anyway.

jerd

Galactic Civilizations 2 Ultimate Edition - 75% off
WarGame European Escalation - 50% off
Crusader Kings 2 - 75% off

Those 3 are the community voting options.

Flash deals:

Universe Sandbox - $2.49
Garry's Mod - $2.49
Anno 2070 - $24.99
RAGE - $10.19

Thank you much.

Galactic Civ gets all sorts of GAF praise right? I believe I had interest in that one.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

Smash88

Banned
Eh no, the last day starts in about 9.5 hours and it will probably have re-runs of popular deals (although at this point almost all major games had at least 2 runs) and 3 more votes.

Valve guy said today is day 10. The sale started on the 12th and today is the 22nd. He just confirmed there will be a 11th day which is Monday.

I think the "through 22nd" just means daily deals, but the sale can still linger longer than the date specified. Which would be Monday 11am PST/1pm EST being the ending time.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Fuck it! pick any one of these titles ;)

Sorry Dacvak and Leon B!

Universe Sandbox
Star Wars: KOTOR
Fable
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Prince of Persia:The Forgotten Sands
Prince of Persia

It's cool. =)

On a separate note, want to trade something for Fable if he doesn't pick that? I've got a couple games in my inventory.

And I'm done for the night with the silly contests. I'll do one or two more for some cheapo great games that are often ignored.

Good luck for whatever dumb things I think of next.

Eusis

I wonder if it's voting at MIDNIGHT that's "the last day" though, given the timers on the sales go to Monday. Or maybe they'll just put loads of stuff on deeper sales and are hiding this?

CTE

Sunday is the 11th day. He's not talking about Sunday yet. The 10th day is Saturday. Count on your damn hands if you have to. 12 to 22 is 11 days.

Grief.exe

Valve guy said today is day 10. The sale started on the 12th and today is the 22nd. He just confirmed there will be a 11th day which is Monday.

Yes but what you are forgetting here is days don't start for valve until 10 am Pacific, so the '11th day' here won't start for another 9 hours.

That is when you vote, and that is when you get credit for the badge, and that is the last day of the sale.

Dacvak

Dac is right, I withdraw :)

Please give him Fable.

Haha, no way dude, I was totally joking. Take your prize, mate. =)

I've seriously bought soooo much stuff this sale. Don't worry about it at all.

bonesquad

Haven't we known the sale lasts until Monday? While Sunday will be the last day of new (or repeat) dailies, those sales last until 1pm EST Monday. And they will probably continue to have flash and community sales right up to that point...

Smash88

Banned
Yes but what you are forgetting here is days don't start for valve until 10 am Pacific, so the '11th day' here won't start for another 9 hours.

That is when you vote, and that is when you get credit for the badge, and that is the last day of the sale.

Because the sale can linger on into the next day which would be the 23rd, effectively making it the final day of sales as it would end when it started at 11am PST/1pm EST.

They always give 24 hours for their daily deals (at least). Plus at the top is states, "New deals each day through July 22nd". That doesn't mean the sale ends July 22nd, that just means new daily deals end on that date. Not only that but the last day of daily deals, based on prior sales, have always been repeats of the top sellers.

Dacvak

I appreciate your generosity, but I've already won a competition in this thread. I think someone else should take the prize. =)

Trancos

Sunday is the 11th day. He's not talking about Sunday yet. The 10th day is Saturday. Count on your damn hands if you have to. 12 to 22 is 11 days.

THIS

July 12th -First day
13 - 2
14 - 3
15 - 4
16 -5
17 -6
18 - 7
19 - 8
20 - 9
21 - 10
SUNDAY 22 - 11th

Dwayne

Anyone played any of these?
Scratches
Dark Fall: Lost Souls
Post Mortem

Thoughts?
I've played "The Lost City" on iOS and thought it was awesome, looking for something similar.

Dacvak

Cth

RE: 11th day, etc.

What hour did it start on the first day?

If it's 12am to 12am, then I could see :

July 12 - 13 : Day 1
14 - 2
15 - 3
16 - 4
17 - 5
18 - 6
19 - 7
20 - 8
21 - 9
22 - 10

In the same way that we don't count year 0 in 1000 years.

oipic

Hmmm, GalCiv II is (potentially) back - maybe it's a sign? I erred on the side of fiscal responsibility the other day, and didn't get it, but despite my backlog and spending so far, I regret it.

Still, wouldn't begrudge those after CK2 a victory, either - game looks great too. Looking forward to picking it up at the Winter sale and getting stuck into that GoT mod.

Great time to be a PC gamer, yeah?

Sye d'Burns

I will gift Dear Esther to someone who photoshops this picture of me into something funny. Make it creative. Ill pick the best one after 2 pages or so. NOPE CONTEST IS CLOSED

73054_1476205347604_5285775_n.jpg

Yeah, I know I'm late.

---
edit: Sorry, I just noticed that I used the wrong momma in the original pic.
---

b4Mox.jpg

Speaking of Fable, The Lost Chapters is on sale for 24 hours at $2.50. I have $6 and I was trying to hold out until the last day to see if a game I might want pops up. Pull the trigger or wait until Monday?

Sye d'Burns

Speaking of Fable, The Lost Chapters is on sale for 24 hours at $2.50. I have $6 and I was trying to hold out until the last day to see if a game I might want pops up. Pull the trigger or wait until Monday?

Unless you really, really want it, I would hold out were I in your shoes. My logic being that you're much more likely to see something you want in the 5 dollar range than in the 3.50 range that you'll have left over.

Dacvak

Pull the trigger if you want it. It won't get any cheaper.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
VALVE just confirmed through a post that this is not the final day of sales.

Monday is.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31871905&postcount=37

Sgre8.jpg

We currently have up Indie Bundle X. As in 10. That means in 9 hours we will get the final change of deals with bundle XI. He means Sunday-Monday 10 a.m. PST, as that's when the sale-long deals all end as well. So yes Monday is the last day, but there will be no new deals Monday, just the ones ending from Sunday. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom