• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

Ys Origin is 40% off already, youre missing out on a whole 4 dollars by it not being a community winner, just buy it if you want it

Milamber

THE PRIZE - AUDITORIUM

Alright, this time I'll give away a copy of Auditorium by Cipher Prime Studios. A puzzle game with some great music and pretty cool style.

The Rules

1) One entry per person.

2) First twenty again.

3 )If you won last time you can "enter" but I won't consider you for a winner.

The Challenge

Write a poem about me, your favorite superhero, and what I did that won you over. It's fair to shorten my username to Wibble. It must be a minimum of 4 lines. AND IT MUST RHYME or it will upset me greatly.

Don't upset your favorite superhero, okay?

Probably call this one in thirty minutes or so since I'll need to sleep soon enough.

Oh Wibble Wibble,
Your tastes are so fickle.
Your distaste for bananas,
Is as wide as a savannah.

This just in: Gamefaqs community also thrilled by Kotor win

catering-kids-parties.jpg

And the 4chan troll vote

gCHE6.jpg

Eusis

Ys Origin is 40% off already, youre missing out on a whole 4 dollars by it not being a community winner, just buy it if you want it
Bigger discount than KotOR would've gotten!

Actually, I think Dungeon Siege III would've been preferable too. KotOR's probably the single most owned non-Valve game on my friends list, so it seems stupid and pointless to vote it in, even if I have all the games I'd at least like to vote for the one that people likely have yet to buy AND haven't had ample opportunity too. But maybe it'll be a deal tomorrow anyway or it'll be on the last day as a recap (WILL they have recaps?)

alphaNoid

Banned
Holy fucking shit! I just beat Binary Domain and .. what the fuck did I just play? This game's story was so goddamn good that when it ended I stood up from my computer and clapped... no really I did
KuGsj.gif

How did this game get shit metacritic reviews? Did reviewers just not play it past the first chapter? In fact, I'm convinced thats exactly all they did. Man ... this story was so well thought out and so deep that I honestly feel its one of the best Sci Fi experiences I've had in years! Movies, books, games ... Binary Domain just left my jaw hanging.

I'm a big Gears fan, and Vanquish fan but I'll say that BD was literally like Gears + Vanquish + Metal Gear story telling all wrapped up into an easy to digest campy style experience with some of the best fucking supporting characters in a long.. long time.

Hats off to SEGA for this game, its up there for me as one of the best games of this gen.. right up there with Red Dead Redemption. If you haven't played it .. play it, and avoid professional reviews at all costs.

Cth

Roses often are red,
Violence is black and blue,
Wibble is my favorite superhero
and here's why he should be yours too.

It was rough growing up, as you soon will see
But thankfully Wibble was there for me.
You see a couple of guys were up to no good
They started making trouble in my neighborhood
But then Wibble got into a rumble and started a fight
And that's when my mom had a huge fright

She yanked my ear and took me away
While Wibble was still caught in the fray
She said, 'That's it! We're moving out of here!
As we left, I heard Wibble say clear..

"Look lady, that's just not fair!"
"So long Wibble, we're going to Bel Air!"

Smash88

Banned
By the way guys, when the vote goes up, this will show whether we voted everyday and get the full steam badge.

I swear to god if it doesn't give it to me I will break my keyboard and monitor in half.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Roses often are red,
Violence is black and blue,
Wibble is my favorite superhero
and here's why he should be yours too.

It was rough growing up, as you soon will see
But thankfully Wibble was there for me.
You see a couple of guys were up to no good
They started making trouble in my neighborhood
But then Wibble got into a rumble and started a fight
And that's when my mom had a huge fright

She yanked my ear and took me away
While Wibble was still caught in the fray
She said, 'That's it! We're moving out of here!
As we left, I heard Wibble say clear..

"Look lady, that's just not fair!"
"So long Wibble, we're going to Bel Air!"

Oh you didn't just....... YOU DID!

Poetry is hard. :(

Here man, borrow mine but don't tell anyone.

Flash, he's so fast
when he runs past
he'll make a Wibble wobble

But you better watch out
and never doubt
when he's near there's no trouble.

Holy fucking shit! I just beat Binary Domain and .. what the fuck did I just play? This game's story was so goddamn good that when it ended I stood up from my computer and clapped... no really I did
KuGsj.gif

How did this game get shit metacritic reviews? Did reviewers just not play it past the first chapter? In fact, I'm convinced thats exactly all they did. Man ... this story was so well thought out and so deep that I honestly feel its one of the best Sci Fi experiences I've had in years! Movies, books, games ... Binary Domain just left my jaw hanging.

I'm a big Gears fan, and Vanquish fan but I'll say that BD was literally like Gears + Vanquish + Metal Gear story telling all wrapped up into an easy to digest campy style experience with some of the best fucking supporting characters in a long.. long time.

Hats off to SEGA for this game, its up there for me as one of the best games of this gen.. right up there with Red Dead Redemption. If you haven't played it .. play it, and avoid professional reviews at all costs.

Binary Domain is amazing.

The Challenge

Write a poem about me, your favorite superhero, and what I did that won you over. It's fair to shorten my username to Wibble. It must be a minimum of 4 lines. AND IT MUST RHYME or it will upset me greatly.

When I walk in the spot, this is what I see
Everybody stops and they staring at me
I got passion in my pants and I ain't afraid to show it

I'm sexy and I know it

Check it out

WIBBLE WIBBLE WIBBLE WIBBLE WIBBLE YEAH
WIBBLE WIBBLE WIBBLE WIBBLE WIBBLE YEAH

Lol this is obviously no part of the contest. I'm just really tired and can't pass up the opportunity to be stupid.

KuGsj.gif

Guess i should play it tomorrow.

Cade

Was Max Payne 1 on sale when Max Payne 3 was 29.99?

THE PRIZE - AUDITORIUM

Alright, this time I'll give away a copy of Auditorium by Cipher Prime Studios. A puzzle game with some great music and pretty cool style.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/205870/

The Rules

1) One entry per person.

2) First twenty again.

The Challenge

Probably call this one in thirty minutes or so since I'll need to sleep soon enough.
Congrats to the winner :)

THE PRIZE - AUDITORIUM

The Rules

1) One entry per person.

2) First twenty again.

The Challenge

Wolf and Wibble posting on NeoGAF
While drinking and causing trouble for the staff

We see wonderwoman in her tights
While we drunkidly say "That ain't rights!"

Wonderwoman shows Wolf her boobs
Wolf is excited to see their perfection
Wibble is jealous and shows his hairy moobs
This gives Wolf an Errection

Wibble decides to give Dawg his game
NeoGAF users think this is lame

alphaNoid

Banned
Any chance for a Ys Origin mark down on the last day? Or .. if I wait, will it continue to be 40% until the sales are over? I want it, but I'm being cheap because I already went over my budget.

Ultimadrago

THE PRIZE - AUDITORIUM

The Rules

1) One entry per person.

2) First twenty again.

The Challenge

One day I was glad, I got an ice cream from my dad
But the weather, it was bad
The wind knocked over the highest scoop
and then my face turned sad

Then Wibble swooped down the street to catch the ice cream man
And bought me yet another one just because Wibble can
Flying high into the sky, gracefully in the air
Wibble does what Wibble can 'cause Wibble always cares

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
THE PRIZE - AUDITORIUM

The Rules

1) One entry per person.

2) First twenty again.

The Challenge

I'm going with a limerick.

I don't know too much about Wibble
He seems like a man with no quibble
If I saw him 'round here,
I'd buy him a beer
And maybe a pizza to nibble.

So many heroes I could revel
From Spider-Man to the Daredevil
My choice is quite certain
Lift up the red curtain
It's Green from that one Gunstar Level.

This contest was really quite fun
My only hope is that I've won
'Cause Wibble is nice
And music's my vice
So gift me the game, now I'm done.

Hope you enjoyed it!

Cth

♫♪ Hey, I just met you,
and I know this is crazy
But Wibble's a superhero
So save me maybe? ♫♪

Toki767

Any chance for a Ys Origin mark down on the last day? Or .. if I wait, will it continue to be 40% until the sales are over? I want it, but I'm being cheap because I already went over my budget.

There's always a chance, and yes, it'll be 40% until the sale ends. It just might be 60% from a flash sale or daily deal.

Sianos

What makes a hero?
And seperates them from a zero?
Do they have some power?
Do they make the dark cower?

What makes a hero?
And seperates them from a zero?
Do they sprint like wind fast?
Do they banish the aghast?

Nay, what seperates a hero
From a zero
Is what lies inside
The code that they abide

What seperates a hero is their heart
That's what sets them apart
They aim to bring joy
To every girl and boy

And so Wibble
Do not quibble
For you are a hero
And not a zero

You make others happy
I'm not just being sappy
You give for the sake of giving
With the money you earn a living

The small things
And the joy it brings
Make you a hero
And not a zero.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Nice try :D I've "won" 9/10ths of them so far :D

/awaiting the thread stoning me to death THE LOTTERY style

Great story! Was telling my friends all about that one night a few weeks ago while on the booze and I really stretched it out. Had them hanging on to every word. I haven't met many people who have read that.

Highly recommended for people who like short stories such as Roal Dahls Tales of the Unexpected.

Cade

I'm going with a limerick.

I don't know too much about Wibble
He seems like a man with no quibble
If I saw him 'round here,
I'd buy him a beer
And maybe a pizza to nibble.

So many heroes I could revel
From Spider-Man to the Daredevil
My choice is quite certain
Lift up the red curtain
It's Green from that one Gunstar Level.

This contest was really quite fun
My only hope is that I've won
'Cause Wibble is nice
And music's my vice
So gift me the game, now I'm done.

Hope you enjoyed it!

You've got my vote. I was going to do a limerick but my limerick skills are rusty.

THE PRIZE - AUDITORIUM

http://store.steampowered.com/app/205870/

The Rules

1) One entry per person.

2) First twenty again.

The Challenge

A hero named Wibble flew through the sky,
blaming Steam voters for choosing awry,
Happened upon a poster's nonchalance,
the poster's name was Sarcastic Response.

"Dear Gaffer, what seems to be the matter?"
"These horrible flash sales fill me with laughter!"
Wibble's eyebrows furrowed in thought,
'This junior is crying over nothing he bought!'

"Well Gaffer", Wibble said, "I have something to show,"
"My super power allows me the ability to grow!"
Response shielded his eyes, "Sir don't show me that please!"
"Can't you see this poem is PG-13?"

Wibble chuckled. "Oh ho, calm down young one,"
"I have the power to grow like a flower in the sun!"
Wibble grew in the light, reaching epic proportions,
He'd have no problem pulling off an extortion.

He carried Response to the nearest computer,
pulled out his credit card and told him to use it.
"Buy a game, whatever you like!"
"But if it's over $5, I'm ending your life!"
Response finally chose a cheap game to buy,
and that's why Wibble is one hell of a guy.

:)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
You've got my vote. I was going to do a limerick but my limerick skills are rusty.

Thanks! And yeah, holy shit. I've never written a limerick before. Talk about putting the brain to use - that was tough!

I only put so much effort into it because I've wanted Auditorium for a while. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom