• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Man I just keep adding shit to my upgrade PC list. Now im noticing that overall as a desktop PC it's starting to chug a bit and I pretty much decided to get an SSD.

Im literally gonna spend almost all the money I got from a recent work gig.

I wish 30fps/aliasing/low resolutions were enough for me so I could save a ton of money being a console guy, derp

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Man I just keep adding shit to my upgrade PC list. Now im noticing that overall as a desktop PC it's starting to chug a bit and I pretty much decided to get an SSD.

I wish 30fps/aliasing/low resolutions were enough for me so I could save a ton of money being a console guy, derp

Hey, be glad your video card didn't decide to fucking fry on the 6th day of the sale. All these new games I bought (and still buying!), no way to properly play them. My half-working 8800 GTX doesn't cut it.

Salsa

Hey, be glad your video card didn't decide to fucking fry on the 6th day of the sale. All these new games I bought (and still buying!), no way to properly play them. My half-working 8800 GTX doesn't cut it.

Im asking for it. One of the VGA fans is busted and only properly works if I have the PC on it's side. Contacted Nvidia to get a direct replacement from them since they are really hard to find but it's been months without a response..

this PC is getting ghetto as fuck. I need to step my game up.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

SSDs are amazing, and I'm using a Vertex 2, which has read/write speeds roughly half that of current models.

surprise me, the only thing on that list I already have is PoP 2008 :)

Thanks, your contests have been very fun.

Steam keeps crashing so I had to reboot :p

Ok which game you want sorry, I cannot just pick one for you, pick one

Universe Sandbox
Star Wars: KOTOR

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Prince of Persia:The Forgotten Sands

It's a really fun action-platformer with a neat story. Lots of different choices too that can influence how your game develops.

This is Cave Story + ?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Oh man, any of those will do! how's AAAAaaAAAAaaAAAaaaA

Cave story looks odd, what's great about it?

AAaaAAaaaAAaaAa is a lot of fun. It's like this jump-off-a-building game where you try to get points by flying through targets and getting close to buildings. It's cool.

Cave Story+ is a 2D adventure game, Metroidvania-style. It's absolutely one of my favorite games ever, and really harkens back to old-school SNES experiences. It's absolutely incredible. The original version (Cave Story) is free online. Cave Story+ has a bunch of extra stuff, and gets added to Steam.

And also if you don't already have Half-Life 2... That's probably the greatest single-player First Person Shooter ever made. It's easily my favorite. If you don't have that game yet, you NEED it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like I'll never get to spend my $4.92. Damn, why couldn't I save 8 cents more in order to be able to get a 5 bucks game? :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Im gonna go real low though. Probably just a 60gig for OS only.

Go for a 120GB. I've a 60GB myself and even with stuff all installed outside of Windows and general programs (e.g. Office), it has less than 10GB free.

Edit: And with SSD prices becoming more and more competitive, you're not saving much by restricting yourself to 60GB, anyway.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
SSDs are amazing, and I'm using a Vertex 2, which has read/write speeds roughly half that of current models.

Yeah they are. I never realized how nice SSDs are. My laptop only has a SSD, but it's 512GB. Loads games soooooooo fast.

I feel like I'll never get to spend my $4.92. Damn, why couldn't I save 8 cents more in order to be able to get a 5 bucks game? :(
And THAT'S where they get you.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.

I'm thankful this doesn't bother me (but I did grow up with 8bit sprites and RF leads :p ). Been playing Enslaved and Deus Ex on PS3 this weekend while posting in this thread and surfing Steam bargains.

AAaaAAaaaAAaaAa is a lot of fun. It's like this jump-off-a-building game where you try to get points by flying through targets and getting close to buildings. It's cool.

Cave Story+ is a 2D adventure game, Metroidvania-style. It's absolutely one of my favorite games ever, and really harkens back to old-school SNES experiences. It's absolutely incredible. The original version (Cave Story) is free online. Cave Story+ has a bunch of extra stuff, and gets added to Steam.

And also if you don't already have Half-Life 2... That's probably the greatest single-player First Person Shooter ever made. It's easily my favorite. If you don't have that game yet, you NEED it.

I have HL2, HL2 Ep1 but not Ep2, but I've played and beaten Ep2...think you and tylerf sold me on

Cave Story + , so trade with Fable : Lost Chapters?

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Choplifter HD is 2.49
Tobe's Vertical Adventure is 1.24
Caster is 0.99

Grand Total: 4.72

Close enough. I'm sure you can get closer by looking at another 1.24 game.

Edit: You would be off by 5 cents. Well...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
And THAT'S where they get you.
Yes, I'll probably end up adding $5 or $10 more to my wallet. It's a shame, I didn't want to spend more than a hundred...

Just buy a $2.49 game
I know, but the games I want are a bit more expensive than that. And the only game I'm interested in at that price (Geometry Wars Retro Evolved) has only been discounted 25%, so it's not a very good after all (and I got Waves 2 days ago, so it would be kinda redundant). Oh well, I'll work out something, I hope.

Sajjaja

Wtf GAF.....why.....why did people do this..... Why did people not grant the birthday boy his wish .... all I wanted was Ys...... this world sucks....

xJavonta

Banned

Same here haha

I need a new gpu, my 5670 is killing me. It's having a hard time keeping up with some newer games at my low resolution (1440x900)

What sucks even more is that I'll need a new PSU to support a new card. This piece of crap Cooler Master PSU sucks so hard.

Esch

Banned
Yeah, I know I'm late.

---
edit: Sorry, I just noticed that I used the wrong momma in the original pic.
---

b4Mox.jpg

i love you.

im hammered drunk and i might have to send you something. steamID?

eyeless

could someone who has played dear esther tell me, when i go to start the game it gives me options like "the lighthouse" etc. like levels to choose from, what is the deal with this, should i just go in order and then the last one will give me something that is recognizable as an ending? figured it was just an open world. i'm interested to play it, just want to make sure i don't do something wrong or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom