• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

Is Anno 1404 available in some other country? It's not purchasable here. If it is... is it discounted while 2070 is? And would anyone be able to cover a trade/paypal for it + Venice?

Fuck Steam users. Fucking idiots voting for a goddamn game that's always fucking on sale.

That said, what do I vote for? No clue on this one.

if the sale started on the 12th then its

12th day 1
13th day 2
14th day 3
15th day 4
16th day 5
17th day 6
18th day 7
19th day 8
20th day 9
21th day 10
22th day 11

The guy said there is 11 days of sales therefore it would be safe to assume that tomorrow is the last day of sales. Also judging at the time of normal sale games that aren't daily/flash deal.

For instance Blades of Time is not a daily or a flash, but it has the normal 75% from steam summer sale and the time currently 32hours. 32 hours from now is the early morning of monday which is the normal time steam sales update.

guit3457

Is Anno 1404 available in some other country? It's not purchasable here. If it is... is it discounted while 2070 is? And would anyone be able to cover a trade/paypal for it + Venice?

Ubisoft dropped Anno 1404 from steam several months ago....Absurd but true.

You can buy a cheap copy of the Gold Edition (with the Venice add-on) if you live in Europe:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00485CFVU/

I love Anno series, Can't wait to play anno 2070

Milamber

Lived on 1701 & 1404 for years, Just bought 2070 at 24.99. Can't wait to play when I get home. BTW, the deluxe edition stuff is useless.

Cth

if the sale started on the 12th then its

12th day 1
13th day 2
14th day 3
15th day 4
16th day 5
17th day 6
18th day 7
19th day 8
20th day 9
21th day 10
22th day 11

The guy said there is 11 days of sales therefore it would be safe to assume that tomorrow is the last day of sales. Also judging at the time of normal sale games that aren't daily/flash deal.

For instance Blades of Time is not a daily or a flash, but it has the normal 75% from steam summer sale and the time currently 32hours. 32 hours from now is the early morning of monday which is the normal time steam sales update.

When did it start on the 12th? (I wasn't online for it)

If it started at midnight, then 24 hours from that date (first day) would be 13th, 24 hours from that the 14th (day 2), etc.

It's like that whole thing with cententials, I think.

Sagitario

KOTOR won? WTF?
It has been a daily, a flash, part of a bundle, etc. several times (and it has been out for years).
How the heck did this happen?

I wanted to buy Ys :(
I missed it when it was a flash deal.

So if Sunday is the last day of sales, I'd like to point out some of my Steam Summer Sale 2012 disappointments:

Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon (-50%) $9.99
James Bond: Blood Stone (-25%) 22.49
Resident Evil 5 (no discount) $19.99
Devil May Cry 4 (-50%) 9.99
Lost Planet 2 (-50%) 14.99
Hunted: the Demon's Forge (-40%) 11.99
All LEGO games (-40%) 11.99-13.99
Shank 2 (-50%) 4.99
Virtua Tennis 4 (-40%) 11.99

Would have bought almost all of those at -75%!!! (...and never played them).

edit: mostly drunk as well

Sye d'Burns

i love you.

im hammered drunk and i might have to send you something. steamID?

Quote to see.

I'm feelin' the love!

Glad you enjoyed it! The avengers pic reminded me of the Man paints himself green to look like hulk.... thread in OT

Epic gifs were made in that thread.

untitled-1dgjok.gif

Glad CK2 will most likely win the community vote, it's an amazing game that everyone should get!

You really should be on my steam friends list. Man, I love that game so much. I've been edging towards admitting it to myself but I've finally decided: It's the best game I've played in well over a decade.

When did it start on the 12th? (I wasn't online for it)

If it started at midnight, then 24 hours from that date (first day) would be 13th, 24 hours from that the 14th (day 2), etc.

It's like that whole thing with cententials, I think.

I believe 10am, could be wrong

Edgeward

Anyone own/play Rochard? http://store.steampowered.com/app/107800/

Any thoughts?

I liked it. Neat mechanics with a gravity gun like weapon and you also control gravity itself in rooms as well. Combat is not great but bearable. And it isn't that too long of a game. Took me about 7 hours first time, but there is a trophy/achievement for speed running it in under 3 hours iirc.

Rooms are set-up like a metroid game but it isn't metroidvania though. Fun game.

So if Sunday is the last day of sales, I'd like to point out some of my Steam Summer Sale 2012 disappointments:

Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon (-50%) $9.99
James Bond: Blood Stone (-25%) 22.49
Resident Evil 5 (no discount) $19.99
Devil May Cry 4 (-50%) 9.99
Lost Planet 2 (-50%) 14.99

Hunted: the Demon's Forge (-40%) 11.99
All LEGO games (-40%) 11.99-13.99
Shank 2 (-50%) 4.99
Virtua Tennis 4 (-40%) 11.99

Would have bought almost all of those at -75%!!! (...and never played them).

edit: mostly drunk as well

I was waiting for these too! :(

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
i love you.

im hammered drunk and i might have to send you something. steamID?

Lmao. That's a dangerous game, my friend. A dangerous game, indeed.

JYE8Z.png

Esch

Banned
Quote to see.

I'm feelin' the love!

Glad you enjoyed it! The avengers pic reminded me of the Man paints himself green to look like hulk.... thread in OT

Epic gifs were made in that thread.

untitled-1dgjok.gif

You really should be on my steam friends list. Man, I love that game so much. I've been edging towards admitting it to myself but I've finally decided: It's the best game I've played in well over a decade.

okay chap well im sending you something...

somethinnnng good.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
DESCRIBE TO ME THE BEST SOUNDING MEAL.

So, I'm from South America and this probably won't be even close to something you've tried before but it's my favorite dish after all.

Imagine this funny looking bowl made out of clay. This just came out a huge oven and stuff is super hot. You take a look at it and whatever it is, it's pretty well cooked. You stick your fork in and...wait a minute...this...this bowl is full of DELICIOUS GROUND CORN.

You can't stop eating it but wait, there's more: the bottom of the bowl is full of ground meat mixed with cooked onions and other spices! You start mixing it all up, it's perfect. The Inca gods would be proud.

Once you're done with the bowl you ask for another one because it's fucking delicious:

2244122581_6aeee80f76.jpg

Enco

I wonder if Mount and Blade: Warband will go on sale tomorrow.
If it doesn't I would still highly recommend it.

It's one of the best games I've played in a long long time. The multiplayer is great fun. There are a lot of people playing it and you can get into awesome 200 player games if you get the Napoleonic dlc. The singleplayer is extremely detailed. You can make up your own story line and follow it through. Everything is moving and living around you. You can come across a huge battle and try to help. You might find a group of bandits with prisoners tha need freeing if you want. There's a HUGE amount of content. This isn't a fully 3D open world though so don't go in expecting that.

If you care, here's how my character started out. My father was a hunter, I went to uni and I set out to adventure for vengeance. I hired some small time recruits and started adventuring. I was attacked by bandits and we were defeated. They killed 3 out of my group of 6 and took me and the 2 other survivors as prisoners. They stripped me, took my weapon and a lot of my money. After days I managed to escape. I was angry and followed their group for days. I wanted to free my old group members who were still prisoners but I was too weak. Now I'm playing it. Buying stuff low and moving to new cities to sell low. I'm building up money and a strong group. Training. I'm going to wipe out all those bandit fuckers and find my old team members.

All that and I have yet to follow any quest (apart from collecting taxes and getting a lot of it stolen and dealing with an angry lord).

Yikes, long post. But yea brilliant game.

Gowans

Should I not have got the vote everyday badge today?

I'd bite on that DoW bundle if I didn't have them all but retribution, how much does it work out for Retribution and all the DLC? it decent? still got the other 2 to finish.

Sye d'Burns

So, I'm from South America and this probably won't be even close to something you've tried before but it's my favorite dish after all.

Imagine this funny looking bowl made out of clay. This just came out a huge oven and stuff is super hot. You take a look at it and whatever it is, it's pretty well cooked. You stick your fork in and...wait a minute...this...this bowl is full of DELICIOUS GROUND CORN.

You can't stop eating it but wait, there's more: the bottom of the bowl is full of ground meat mixed with cooked onions and other spices! You start mixing it all up, it's perfect. The Inca gods would be proud.

Once you're done with the bowl you ask for another one because it's fucking delicious:

That sounds so good. Damn, I'm hungry now.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
WAIT.

Who won that Poem Contest for Auditorium?

Edit: Sarcastic Response did.

Rats, my limerick was so good! I thought I'd take it for sure. =P

mclem

Another Anno question, regarding 2070:

One of the DLCs says this:

The Former technologies give you the greatest advantage. With the Keeper 1.0 you get access to this powerful technology without playing through the Eden Project World Event. As this is the S.A.A.T. version, it comes with a unique skin for the Former technology tool as well access to high-end upgrades.

I can't work out if this is an actual content DLC or a 'skip some gameplay to get a win button' DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom