• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
KOTR is worth £1.74 right? Never played it

I bought it last sale for the same price as it currently is and it's one of the eight games (out of 95) that I've actually completed so if that doesn't speak for the quality of it I'll outright say it, yes, it absolutely is worth that price and although I wasn't a major fan of the combat I do appreciate the diversity you have within it (although as usual with me and Bioware games, I hate the karma system where you really have to pick whether to be a godly paragon of the Jedi Order or a child-eating Sith).

Also, what's the chance that the Ys games go on sale again now that they've lost the vote? Have they appeared already?

Sye d'Burns

I rmember GAF being hyped about Evochron Mercenary. Did that game turn out be any good?

I played this for about 3.5 hours yesterday. It works terrific with a Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick. The controls are fully customizable.

The requirements must be absurdly low. I was playing it in a Parallels VM of Windows XP and it worked great.

I liked it in that initial play. It's always a hassle to bring out the hotas so it still shows 4 hours played in steam. Of course, another reason I've yet to go back to it is that I often sit and ponder what I should play, rather than actually pick something and play it.

biocat

Ive had this issue for a while where there's some "stuck" games at my downloads tab as if they were updating but there's nothing to update and the resume/pause buttons do nothing to them.

seems to be the full size of the games as well.

7qGWf.png

see: the first 3

any idea how to get rid of them being there?
I had the same thing happen. Just try running the game and Steam will say it needs to change the format of the game and will download some files. Nothing to worry about.

Did anyone get an extra copy of Deus Ex: GOTY edition? I was having problems purchasing it when it first went up for sale and unfortunately had to work the remaining duration of the sale.

Edit: I'm more than happy to pay for it. :)

I have lots to give. I have no direct plans for giving/trading. But, like I said earlier, I really really REALLY dislike backhanded begging. When someone decides to give something away, awesome, there is always someone out there whom simply can't get a game for a multitude of reasons, those that choose to give without expecting anything in return are awesome. That said, I spent WAY more than I inteded to for this sale, but, as the damage is done, I have decided to have fun with it. So, with that said, I'm thinking of giving a few games away. Not everything in my inventory, but a few. I just can't think of a great competition. I liked the Dragon Shout ideas for Skyrim but, with the list I'm about to post, if someone could give me a GREAT Idea via P.M. for a giveaway, no matter which game it is, I'll more than likely be pretty receptive to the idea. So, with that said, IDEAS?

For an Idea of what I'm working with. Also, please don't everyone pick Skyrim, just because it's the most expensive game I have to give away. If it's not a truly original idea, I won't do it. This is for fun, not for my benefit at all. Also, GAF only, deal with it lurkers.

SteamGift1-1.png

edit: The gray square in the picture is Mount and Blade Collection.

Sye d'Burns

Good thing I work from home.

Oddly enough, my answer would've been the same even if you'd worked double shifts at the waffle house.

:p

I have lots to give. I have no direct plans for giving/trading. But, like I said earlier, I really really REALLY dislike backhanded begging. When someone decides to give something away, awesome, there is always someone out there whom simply can't get a game for a multitude of reasons, those that choose to give without expecting anything in return are awesome. That said, I spent WAY more than I inteded to for this sale, but, as the damage is done, I have decided to have fun with it. So, with that said, I'm thinking of giving a few games away. Not everything in my inventory, but a few. I just can't think of a great competition. I liked the Dragon Shout ideas for Skyrim but, with the list I'm about to post, if someone could give me a GREAT Idea via P.M. for a giveaway, no matter which game it is, I'll more than likely be pretty receptive to the idea. So, with that said, IDEAS?

For an Idea of what I'm working with. Also, please don't everyone pick Skyrim, just because it's the most expensive game I have to give away. If it's not a truly original idea, I won't do it. This is for fun, not for my benefit at all. Also, GAF only, deal with it lurkers.

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s467/krappadizzle/SteamGift1-1.png

Wow, that's very generous. I'll try to think of some ideas for you.

Wok

[...]

Have a look at this thread.

SteamGift1-1.png

You asked me to be creative at 3:18am.

SteamGift1-1.png

Zomg. Maybe you can save them for the next Bingaf, it's fun as hell :3.

anddo0

So it's clear YS Oath In Felghana isn't going to go any lower. All that's left for me is Street Fighter: AE going on sale again (hopefully I can get into a 4-pack this time).. And what happened to Dustforce? It's the one game in my radar that hasn't received any type of discount.

Ledsen

With a review like this, you really need to do up an OT on Crusader Kings 2

I want to buy CK2 all over again after reading that!

Pictures of GAFfers ready to do battle. Armor, swords, the works.

Lol yeah, the "homosexual dwarf" part is stolen from a gafer who a ruler be just that. Btw, my steam is in my profile,add me.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Does anyone here have the Universe Sandbox? It looks pretty fun to play around with. Anyone have any impressions?
Lol yeah, the "homosexual dwarf" part is stolen from a gafer who a ruler be just that. Btw, my steam is in my profile,add me.
Isn't Crusader Kings mostly a spreadsheet game? You know, like nothing but menus and stuff?

zkylon

zkylewd
So it's clear YS Oath In Felghana isn't going to go any lower. All that's left for me is Street Fighter: AE going on sale again (hopefully I can get into a 4-pack this time).. And what happened to Dustforce? It's the one game in my radar that hasn't received any type of discount.
There's still tomorrow. Don't lose faith

Caerith

Here's 26 great ideas. (#11 is probably my favorite though.)

Danj

I guess it's too soon after release for Magic 2013 to be on sale then. I am disappoint :(

Oh well, guess I will see what tips up in tonight's dailies.

PaulLFC

SteamGift1-1.png

One idea: maybe think of some words or a phrase, and have people guess each word (helped by whatever clues you want to give them) - the number of words is equal to the number of games you want to give away (or double maybe, then you could have people guess two words for extra challenge). The words could be related to the games you want to give away, or they could be completely random.

Why is Anno 1404 not available to buy?
Because Ubisoft couldn't be arsed to patch it properly, so Valve removed it.

Tomat

Cant resist the to buy Rage at $10, so cheap but ive spent so much :(

So gaf is it worth it at that price?

If you has already spent so much, then no. Play what you have and RAGE will probably be $10 by the time you finish what you have.

Ledsen

Does anyone here have the Universe Sandbox? It looks pretty fun to play around with. Anyone have any impressions?

Isn't Crusader Kings mostly a spreadsheet game? You know, like nothing but menus and stuff?
You might think so if you haven't played it. Yes, you play using menus, but you also have the map screen to navigate around, portraits of all the characters along with a dozen or so characteristics per character (like "spoiled", "hunchback", "ambitious" etc), not to mention the thousands (iirc) special events that will pop up with a flavorful piece of text describing what happened. It's actually way more humorous than it is dry.

Sye d'Burns

Added!

You make it sound so stale. There's also a map you know.

Besides, how many spreadsheet games have you played with demoniacally possessed inbred queens who also happen to be master theologians?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

It's one of the best games released this year, loads of fun and one of the few games were losing isn't all that bad.

Check out a random Lets Play on YouTube to get a better idea.

LZpbu.jpg

Sye d'Burns

It's one of the best games released this year, loads of fun and one of the few games were losing isn't all that bad.

Check out a random Lets Play on YouTube to get a better idea.

Not only that, but CK2 makes for some of the most interesting After Action Reports that I have ever read. It all plays out like some weird hybrid of Game of Thrones and Dynasty.

Watevaman

Someone sell me on Rage. It's been on sale so many times now, but every time I end up watching videos and it seems like just another shooter with nothing really going for it.

Man, playing Machinarium after Back to the Future was rough. I went from puzzles practically solving themselves to pretty much having to have a walkthrough open while playing.

Gaspode_T

The newest Indie Bundle isn't even ranking in the top sellers list - maybe a sign of Steam Sale Fatigue...(or people like me having their wallets clamped down by the system)

MNC

SteamGift1-1.png

A seperate thread with a few contests, just some time you want. There's too much for it to be just a single contest.

Someone sell me on Rage. It's been on sale so many times now, but every time I end up watching videos and it seems like just another shooter with nothing really going for it.

Dude, if you have to be sold on a game, don't buy it. It's that simple. That money can go to a different game.

Tomat

Well, seeing as GalCiv 2 or CK2 will most likely win the vote, I don't think I'll be that disappointed either way.

Petrie

Banned
Is anybody around who might possibly be able to help me with Arma 2? I know I've got like 18 hours, but as of now Steam is still being all bullshit about me spending my funds.

Maybe it's a sign DayZ isn't for me.

Ledsen

It has two things that made me like it a lot: incredible graphics and very fun moment-to-moment shooting thanks to the weapons and animations (best enemy animations of all time no contest). It does not have: great level design (mostly you walk straight ahead CoD-style) or much of a story.

First time I played Rage I fell in love with the visuals, the world is beautiful. Then I encountered some enemies, they came running at me and I got scared. I pulled out my gun and shot one in the head... he was still running at me and I freaked out shooting and missing him with the rest of the rounds in my gun, little did I know he had died on the first shot and was just following through with his run the because of the awesome animations. Those two aspects sold me on the game.

PaulLFC

Spent more than I probably should have going into the last day of the sale, but I've got a LOT of great games for the money, far more than I would have got for the same amount on consoles. I think I'll be set for a long time now after buying a few last minute things today, and bar Anno 2070, Arma II, AC Revelations or the Lego games going 75% off at Christmas, I can't think of much I'd want to buy. Damage so far:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare - £2.99
Alan Wake Collectors Edition Extras - £1.74
Sonic Generations Casino Nights DLC - £0.31
Binary Domain (Amazon - thanks Vitamin!) - £6.74
The Darkness II (Amazon - thanks Wilflare!) - £9.80
Borderlands - Claptrap's Robot Revolution DLC - £1.60
Sam and Max Complete Pack - £8.74
- Sam and Max: Season One
- Sam and Max: Season Two
- Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse
Frozen Synapse - Red DLC - £1.39
Tribes Ascend Starter Pack - £3.74