• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

I'll never get all the love for bulletstorm, all the dialogue just tried me out after 2 hours couldn't stand it

It's a great game and I love it, but when it comes to first person shooters I guess im more of a "feel" guy, so it could barely do something against an id game.

Grakl

If you have $10, you spend it on Bulletstorm. I can't believe that anyone would recommend RAGE over Bulletstorm, even if they were the creator of RAGE's OT.

You guys do want something fun, right?

Right?

Tess3ract

Banned
When I realized that if you fail a riddler challenge in Arkham City, you have to do the whole thing over I realized I don't care anymore about some fucking stupid challenge maps

Salsa

If you have $10, you spend it on Bulletstorm. I can't believe that anyone would recommend RAGE over Bulletstorm, even if they were the creator of RAGE's OT.

You guys do want something fun, right?

Right?

you cant spell FUN without RAGE in it

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I liked Rage more than Bulletstorm as well, but both could've been a thousand times better if they had some actual challenge to them. Easy action games, especially shooters, make my heart hurt.

I really enjoyed Rage, for me 10$ is absolutely worth it! It took some tweaking to get it working and looking just right but after that the game was a blast

So... Sale almost over, I'm guessing no Kingdoms of Amalur... That's really disappointing, it was one of the games i was most looking forward to buying

Its on Amazon fro $24.99. Sadly though, it only activates on Origin.

Toki767

When I realized that if you fail a riddler challenge in Arkham City, you have to do the whole thing over I realized I don't care anymore about some fucking stupid challenge maps

Arkham City would've looked much nicer if you could turn off the Riddler trophies in the world.

I'd easily recommend Rage over Bulletstorm, I actually bothered to play my through Rage. The inventive arsenal in Rage makes it easily one of my favorite shooters. And despite the disappointing ending, the game gives me great hope for the next Doom, particularly the end stretch of Rage.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I thought me loving the shit out of RAGE was a pretty well known thing around here. I think it somehow had something to do with my ban as well, hahah, defended it a bit too much maybe.

Love it all you want esse but bulletstorm kills rage's dick.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Thanks for the trade, Johnny!

I'm going to bed, guys. See y'all in |OT3|.

Salsa

If any mod is reading i'd appreciate knowing if the thread could stick around a bit longer after the supposed "post limit" since i'd like to do a "last day" thread with the non-featured cheap deals.

wonder if that'd be alright

ASilva

Neo Member
Its on Amazon fro $24.99. Sadly though, it only activates on Origin.

Yea, i've seen it at that price and lower but I prefer to wait and get it on Steam eventually. I want nothing to do with Origin

As for Bulletstorm and Rage, I've played both and I liked Rage waaaay more than Bulletstorm. Bulletstorm was pretty fun but the dialog was just horribly annoying. The gameplay also got a little repetitive after awhile, I ended up resorting to a couple of skillshots because they were the most effective

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I've already bought GalCivII and Sins of a Solar Empire this sale and yet I'm still thinking about picking up (yet another complex game) Anno. If someone has a strong opinion of the game, please share.

c0Zm1c

Both Rage and Bulletstorm were boring to me. Never finished either game. I probably spent more time in Bulletstorm so I think that's the better of the two, but I wouldn't recommend either game.

Salsa

Universe Sandbox on sale for 2.50 has anyone played this? It looks outrageous.

aquaman.jpg

mclem

I feel like it has to have made a significant amount of money since it got popular again on PC, and was rereleased on XBLA. Where's the excuse, now!?

The fact that it didn't make what money it made particularly *quickly*. That's not a particularly enticing prospect for a publisher who'd have to stump up the money for it.

But not a problem for entities who aren't necessarily thriving on profit; Notch, Kickstarter, that sort of thing.

dreamfall

Still waiting for Alpha Protocol to go even further on sale... can't seem to stop impulse buying. Picked up Batman Arkham City today with Harley's Revenge, and kept buying those Bethesda titles (Obilvion, Fallout 3, Skyrim). I think we should all post our pickups at the end. My first Steam sale, and this thread has been a treat!

Salsa

Ive had this issue for a while where there's some "stuck" games at my downloads tab as if they were updating but there's nothing to update and the resume/pause buttons do nothing to them.

seems to be the full size of the games as well.

7qGWf.png

see: the first 3

any idea how to get rid of them being there?

Lingitiz

Still waiting for Alpha Protocol to go even further on sale... can't seem to stop impulse buying. Picked up Batman Arkham City today with Harley's Revenge, and kept buying those Bethesda titles (Obilvion, Fallout 3, Skyrim). I think we should all post our pickups at the end. My first Steam sale, and this thread has been a treat!
I hope AP hits a sale so badly. I've been holding my breath at every flash deal turnaround, but no luck.

Ive had this issue for a while where there's some "stuck" games at my downloads tab as if they were updating but there's nothing to update and the resume/pause buttons do nothing to them.

seems to be the full size of the games as well.

see: the first 3

any idea how to get rid of them being there?

Tried verifying the game cache/ deleting client blob thingy?

sankao

I have just realized that Alpha Protocol is 'not available in [my] region'. But I'm from the Internet! Any way around that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom