• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaspode_T

It has been almost like 48 hours since I last sent mail to Steam Support about not being able to give them money...I also feel like there is someone there going "dude, you already bought enough games, come back in the winter"

At least I was able to spend the rest of what was in my wallet, but I still can't seem to add any more...I might go back to the PayPal method if something great pops up - is there going to be one more day of daily deals or is this it?

Crusader Kings Game of Thrones mod or Arma 2 Dayz Mod? Game of Thrones mod seems to be cooler.

Well, the big thing here is what do you think of Crusader Kings' gameplay? As was said on the previous page (sorry if you were the one who asked) it's mostly a spreadsheet game but it can be incredibly humourous in the events that transpire while playing and it remains very interesting and engaging as a result, even if you aren't quite sure what you're doing all the time.

The one thing I will say with only five hours into it (two offline, three online in case anybody reading this has added me and sees a discrepancy between time played on Steam and what I've stated) is that the learning curve is like a cliff face as there is simply so much options, buttons, characters, menus, submenus and more that even trying to figure out how to play is difficult, let alone devising strategies and understanding what to do. However, once that is out of the way and if you enjoy such games I'm sure you'd have quite a large amount of fun with both the base game and the Game of Thrones mod (which is excellent).

Well, I deleted my credit card info on Steam, to stop myself from making more impulse buys. I've spent over RM400 at last count.

I do have to ask though. I want to play Bulletstorm, but it's not available in my region. Will I still be able to play it if I bought it through someone else? And if yes, is it applicable for all games that's not available here? I'm in Malaysia by the way.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Is Gary's Mod any good? I'm sure people love it, but I'm not even sure about it. I've heard about it for years but never "played" it.

And Thank God today is the end.

Rikkun

No deal for Ys.. damn I knew it, damn you Lucas fans
LLShC.gif

It's pretty aggravating that the only flash / community sale I have missed was the time Ys origin was put up and then waiting the entire duration of the sale for it to come back up just for it to lose to a game that has been on sale multiple times who most people already own or have played before.

Oh well I guess D:

Sye d'Burns

Crusader Kings Game of Thrones mod or Arma 2 Dayz Mod? Game of Thrones mod seems to be cooler.

I've not played the Game of Thrones mod. I haven't seen the need to yet. I figure I'll burn myself out on europe as the mod matures and then dive in.

There's no scarier feeling than being well advanced in years with no heir. Your father instituted agnatic primogeniture. You were his only child. You're now king and questioning your own sexuality well into your 50's. You finally, finally... have an heir and then he comes down with smallpox at a very young age. Waiting to see if that child lives or dies is intense.

It's pretty aggravating that the only flash / community sale I have missed was the time Ys origin was put up and then waiting the entire duration of the sale for it to come back up just for it to lose to a game that has been on sale multiple times who most people already own or have played before.

Oh well I guess D:

I'll be buying it on the Winter Sale I guess. have a huge backlog at the moment thanks to this SummerSale, and that includes Ys: Oath.

Is Gary's Mod any good? I'm sure people love it, but I'm not even sure about it. I've heard about it for years but never "played" it.

And Thank God today is the end.

I have seen some good vids on youtube so I got it today.

Wth I bought Orange Box and it gave me TF2 Beta.

I've not played the Game of Thrones mod. I haven't seen the need to yet. I figure I'll burn myself out on europe as the mod matures and then dive in.

There's no scarier feeling than being well advanced in years with no heir. Your father instituted agnatic primogeniture. You were his only child. You're now king and questioning your own sexuality well into your 50's. You finally, finally... have an heir and then he comes down with smallpox at a very young age. Waiting to see if that child lives or dies is intense.

Now im too scared to play the game.

I'll be buying it on the Winter Sale I guess. have a huge backlog at the moment thanks to this SummerSale, and that includes Ys: Oath.

Yeah, ill most likely buy it anyways I suppose as it doesn't hurt to support xseed and Jrpgs on both PC and in general but it is a bit disapointing. Been playing oath on steam and wanted to have origin on deck for when I was done.

Sye d'Burns

Now im too scared to play the game.

Don't be afraid. I'm cross-posting my post from the steam sales game review thread. Check out that let's play. Kersch really breaks the game down into understandable chunks in an entertaining way.

I've put close to 250 hours into Crusader Kings 2. Since I bought it on June 10th. I've pulled multiple all-nighters, much to the chagrin of my wife. It's a very consuming game. Once its hooks are into you, watch out.

The grand strategy meets the Sims aspect of the game is beyond anything I would have thought possible. I've sired more bastard children and murdered more pretenders to my throne, and thrones that I would like to be mine, than I ever would have conceived possible.

To those who have yet to play: To get a taste of the possibilities contained within this game, I highly recommend the Let's Play by a fellow named Kersch from Something Awful.

Consideriing its looks, I was surpised at how well the game runs on a 13" 2010 MBP displaying in 1920x1200 on an apple display.

The initial load can take a bit, I've heard but I've not actually experienced it. If your computer is chugging on the graphics once you are in the game you can turn off the trees by a simple edit to your settings file. It helps quite a lot getting rid of the 3D trees and doesn't detract at all from the map. Especially when you consider how little time you actually spend in terrain view, there's hardly any reason to have those trees consuming your resources.

I like to listen to music, podcasts or old time radio shows while playing CK2.

Wok

Spent more than I probably should have going into the last day of the sale, but I've got a LOT of great games for the money, far more than I would have got for the same amount on consoles. I think I'll be set for a long time now after buying a few last minute things today, and bar Anno 2070, Arma II, AC Revelations or the Lego games going 75% off at Christmas, I can't think of much I'd want to buy. [...]
Total: £103.20

These are the games I have bought for myself during the sales. I had Nuclear Dawn previous to the sales, and I received Borderlands yesterday as a gift from Dupy@NeoGAF. I had bought other games as well, but those were for gifting.

MVXU0.jpg

Total: 21€

These are the games I have bought for myself during the sales. I had Nuclear Dawn previous to the sales, and I received Borderlands yesterday as a gift from Dupy@NeoGAF. I had bought other games as well, but those were for gifting.

MVXU0.jpg

Total: 21€

OMG jealous. I'm dying to play Stacking. Left me know what it's like.

My remaining big wants from the sale. I really want them to be cheaper because I've already reached my budget and can't go over much more. I would be a happy camper if I get one of these:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Come on last day dailies or flashes.

It's funny this troll gifting wave.

Would be funnier to see all those games with complete achievements. Would be so unpolite otherwise.

BTW: http://steamcommunity.com/id/dr_apocalipsis

I will start my journey with Garshap today!

Wish me the best of luck!

My remaining big wants from the sale. I really want them to be cheaper because I've already reached my budget and can't go over much more. I would be a happy camper if I get one of these:

Stacking was in a Doublefinebundle and you could get it seperately for 3,50€ or so.

Would be nice to see it again for those who couldnt grab it.

Enco

Spent more than I probably should have going into the last day of the sale, but I've got a LOT of great games for the money, far more than I would have got for the same amount on consoles. I think I'll be set for a long time now after buying a few last minute things today, and bar Anno 2070, Arma II, AC Revelations or the Lego games going 75% off at Christmas, I can't think of much I'd want to buy. Damage so far:

Total: £103.20
On console that would buy you 3 or 4 games if you're lucky (unless if you buy old used games. Even then you wont get nearly as much).

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
On console that would buy you 3 or 4 games if you're lucky (unless if you buy old used games. Even then you wont get nearly as much).

In Sweden the MSRP for a brand new console game is 85 euros. So 100 euros would buy me Black Ops 2 and some rope to hang myself with.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
good morning friends. :3

pretty happy with my steam sale all things considered; although im still somewhat tempted by the thought of a $5 dead space or alice madness returns.

Watevaman said:
Someone sell me on Rage. It's been on sale so many times now, but every time I end up watching videos and it seems like just another shooter with nothing really going for it.
If you haven't play them it's just better to buy the FEAR collection for less. They are far better shooters than Rage,. Wait for Rage to go on the 7 range.

Card Boy

Banned
Ys: The Oath in Felghana - free from Xelios
Europa Universalis III Chronicles - free from Amazon 'Cheers' Tony
Trials 2: Second Edition - 2.49 USD
Arma II: Combined Operations - 17.99 USD
Serious Sam 2 - 2.49 USD
Morrowind Game of the Year - 4.99 USD
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit - 4.99 USD
Far Cry Complete - 4.98 USD
Prince of Persia Complete Pack - 12.24 USD
Batman Collection - 24.99 USD
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic - 2.49 USD
Warlock - Master of the Arcane - 6.79 USD

Total: $84.44

I am very happy with this.

Martian

Still hoping to buy the following games:

Crusader Kings 2 (hoping for Community Choice)

Fallout New Vegas (missed the daily deal, so hopefully tomorrow...)

Payday: The Heist (missed the deals, if it doesn't drop further, I will buy it for 10 euros)

If I already have Europa Universalis III and Civ V, should I even bother with Crusader Kings II? I have $11 left in my Steam wallet, and need to be really stingy about the last things I buy.

Xater

Still hoping to buy the following games:

Crusader Kings 2 (hoping for Community Choice)

Fallout New Vegas (missed the daily deal, so hopefully tomorrow...)

Payday: The Heist (missed the deals, if it doesn't drop further, I will buy it for 10 euros)

I still want:

King's Bounty: The Legend
King's Bounty: Armored Princess
Analogue: A Hate Story
Splice

I doubt there will be a big sale on the Civ5 expansion. Maybe i'll get that next near.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm in the middle of a big cross-country move and I thought my Internet here was being cut off on the 25th or so. Nope, today.

Offline mode and using 3G to vote and browse the deals, don't fail me now :(

Morning fellow GAFfers, just woke up, what should I vote today, hum?

Crusader Kings or Galactic Civilizations seems to be the two that most people want (which of course means that Wargames will win) so I'd vote for one of them. Personally, even though I already had it, I voted Crusader Kings since there seems to be more people expressing interest in that in this thread than there is hoping for Galactic Civilizations (that I've seen anyway).

@Stump, is it possible you could go to someplace nearby with free WiFi? Only reason I suggest it is in case the amount of data used on 3G ends up costing a fortune.

I'm in the middle of a big cross-country move and I thought my Internet here was being cut off on the 25th or so. Nope, today.

Offline mode and using 3G to vote and browse the deals, don't fail me now :(

It's been working great for me. Been in the countryside for a couple of days and still voted and bought games every day.

jarosh

Hello Steam-GAF, I've also got a little contest for you.

I have 5 gifts to give away.

3 copies of Tobe's Vertical Adventure

(Here's my mini review for it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39903022&postcount=15129)

SRPFQ.jpg

SRPFQ.jpg

SRPFQ.jpg

1 copy of Half-Life 2

w9XBN.jpg

1 copy of Half-Life 2: Episode One

JSy8q.jpg

Here's what you have to do:

Draw me a picture of Half-Life 3's ending. IMPORTANT: It *has* to include Mega Man somehow.

Artistic skills not required. Make it funny, make it pretty, make it quick and dirty, use Paint, Photoshop or use a pencil, whatever. Up to you.

I'll pick 5 winners once there are a few entries (hopefully I'll get more than 5, ha!).

Oh, and include which game you want in your post!

Not sure if anyone actually wants the Half-Life games. I figure at this point everyone probably owns these...

The_Monk

Ok, thanks for answering The One Who Knocks I'm going to vote for Galactic Civilizations since I've heard good things and there's was some good amount of similar game styles like Crusader Kings already.

I'd go for Crusader Kings 2. For most people it's between that and GalCiv 2 and CK2 at 75% is a bigger discount.

Ugh, fine! CK it is! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom