• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Another Anno question, regarding 2070:

One of the DLCs says this:

I can't work out if this is an actual content DLC or a 'skip some gameplay to get a win button' DLC.

If you played online, there was an event where everyone contributed to the goal. If you surpass it you get that stuff. Latecomers to the event can just buy it as DLC.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Because it didn't sell at release.

I feel like it has to have made a significant amount of money since it got popular again on PC, and was rereleased on XBLA. Where's the excuse, now!?

Sagitario

could someone who has played dear esther tell me, when i go to start the game it gives me options like "the lighthouse" etc. like levels to choose from, what is the deal with this, should i just go in order and then the last one will give me something that is recognizable as an ending? figured it was just an open world. i'm interested to play it, just want to make sure i don't do something wrong or whatever.

It's the order of the areas your explore. It isn't an open world "game", you should play it in such order (the 2nd, 3rd and 4th areas shouldn't be unlocked, though).

Sye d'Burns

DSjJz.png

You think it wasn't that tight now, just wait until you're sober! It was a hack job, man. Thanks for the gift!

could someone who has played dear esther tell me, when i go to start the game it gives me options like "the lighthouse" etc. like levels to choose from, what is the deal with this, should i just go in order and then the last one will give me something that is recognizable as an ending? figured it was just an open world. i'm interested to play it, just want to make sure i don't do something wrong or whatever.

Select the lighthouse and just play. The level options are there so you can go back to any particular part of the game after you've completed it.

No idea why people rave about Dear Esther; I thought everything about it (except the music) was pretty terrible.

So, I'm from South America and this probably won't be even close to something you've tried before but it's my favorite dish after all.

Imagine this funny looking bowl made out of clay. This just came out a huge oven and stuff is super hot. You take a look at it and whatever it is, it's pretty well cooked. You stick your fork in and...wait a minute...this...this bowl is full of DELICIOUS GROUND CORN.

You can't stop eating it but wait, there's more: the bottom of the bowl is full of ground meat mixed with cooked onions and other spices! You start mixing it all up, it's perfect. The Inca gods would be proud.

Once you're done with the bowl you ask for another one because it's fucking delicious:

2244122581_6aeee80f76.jpg

I'm going to one up you with a Pueto Rican dish.

So there you are you walk into the kitchen and see an aluminum tray with lasagna. As you sit down and cut yourself a piece you notice it is strangely sauce-less and there is this yellow stuff in there that isn't cheese nope instead you realize some mad genius has replaced where there would normally be pasta with flattened fried plantains in each layer as if by some dark wonderful magic.

After the initial shock you finally attempt your first bite and taste cinnamon not only did the lunatic put in plantains he caramelized them with brown sugar and cinnamon. Still reeling you chew and taste not just ground beef, but an amalgamation of beef and sausage. Nothing about this lasagna makes any sense, but at the same time nothing has ever tasted so good.

3584922859_2a9ff95be7.jpg

This was actually something I experienced at about fourteen when I visited my grandfather
one summer. The man knew how to cook.

How about some Hard Reset for a poor sober guy? Thanks.
Gotta love the backhanded begging. I'm not against gifting. At all. But this thread has been flooded with," O, I'd LOVE a copy of Bad Rats/etc. I literally have 20+ copies of games I bought for gifting or just fun giveaways as it is. Bit it's cheapened with quasi begging posts and almost makes me not want to do it. I'm still trying to think of a fun giveaway for Skyrim. If anyone has any ideas for a fun giveaway for it, by all means let me know.

Milamber

I'm going to one up you with a Pueto Rican dish.

So there you are you walk into the kitchen and see an aluminum tray with lasagna. As you sit down and cut yourself a piece you notice it is strangely sauce-less and there is this yellow stuff in there that isn't cheese nope instead you realize some mad genius has replaced where there would normally be pasta with flattened fried plantains in each layer as if by some dark wonderful magic.

After the initial shock you finally attempt your first bite and taste cinnamon not only did the lunatic put in plantains he caramelized them with brown sugar and cinnamon. Still reeling you chew and taste not just ground beef, but an amalgamation of beef and sausage. Nothing about this lasagna makes any sense, but at the same time nothing has ever tasted so good.

3584922859_2a9ff95be7.jpg

This was actually something I experienced at about fourteen when I visited my grandfather
one summer. The man knew how to cook.

Haven't you heard? wibble hates bananas with a passion.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Im closing in on buying RAGE right now... good or bad idea? It looks pretty, but I'm just wondering if anyone thought it was worth playing.

Grakl

Im closing in on buying RAGE right now... good or bad idea? It looks pretty, but I'm just wondering if anyone thought it was worth playing.

Get Bulletstorm. Please.

If you've already played it, buy it again and gift to someone less fortunate than you. The excellent must be spread.

Gotta love the backhanded begging. I'm not against gifting. At all. But this thread has been flooded with," O, I'd LOVE a copy of Bad Rats/etc. I literally have 20+ copies of games I bought for gifting or just fun giveaways as it is. Bit it's cheapened with quasi begging posts and almost makes me not want to do it. I'm still trying to think of a fun giveaway for Skyrim. If anyone has any ideas for a fun giveaway for it, by all means let me know.

Your Skyrim contest should be best dragon call in which gaffers upload mp3s of themselves yelling like a dragon.

Sye d'Burns

Glad CK2 will most likely win the community vote, it's an amazing game that everyone should get!

With a review like this, you really need to do up an OT on Crusader Kings 2

Imagine being the king of a small European country in the 1400s. Also imagine that you're a homosexual, socially inept dwarf with a penchant for naval strategy. Now imagine your wife is being unfaithful with your overambitious brother who is planning to assassinate you and take your throne, but before he can carry out his plans you are accidentally killed during a fox hunt and your 5-year old daughter takes the throne. This is Crusader Kings II, and you know you want it.

I want to buy CK2 all over again after reading that!

I'm still trying to think of a fun giveaway for Skyrim. If anyone has any ideas for a fun giveaway for it, by all means let me know.

Pictures of GAFfers ready to do battle. Armor, swords, the works.

ImRight

You bought a copy of skyrim to give away?, Very very generous!, Althought
My friend Not even the most imaginable give away possible could match the Epic-ness of skyrim........ But alas i guess we must all now try to think of one.............

Everyone, Assume the Thinker Position!

Awesome shooter. My single player FPS of the generation. The story is meh, and the driving stuff is average, but the actual gunplay is amazing. Along with the environments, the enemy variation and animation, and the music add up to a overcome it's downfalls.

To restate, Rage is horrible.

It's like they went "Hey Bethesda, we want to make an open world Doom. How do we do that? Do we do that by becoming part of Bethesda? Will that automatically make our game open world?".

You bought a copy of skyrim to give away?, Very very generous!, Althought
My friend Not even the most imaginable give away possible could match the Epic-ness of skyrim........ But alas i guess we must all now try to think of one.............

Everyone, Assume the Thinker Position!

Comp should be a video of somebody writing something like "i want to win skyrim" over and over like 1000 times.

ImRight

Your Skyrim contest should be best dragon call in which gaffers upload mp3s of themselves yelling like a dragon.

Best Shout you mean? , Sounds pretty damn good, But like they should also have to name the shout and give a description of what it does, and what each stage of it does, as there are 3 stages to each shout......

This could be interesting

Salsa

Anyone own/play Rochard? http://store.steampowered.com/app/107800/

Any thoughts?

Im still playing through it ocassionally and I really really like it. The "puzzles" are easy enough but the game just feels good movement-wise and it allows you to be effectively "good" at it and pull off some neat stuff. It's fun.

To restate, Rage is horrible.

It's like they went "Hey Bethesda, we want to make an open world Doom. How do we do that? Do we do that by becoming part of Bethesda? Will that automatically make our game open world?".

It aint like that at all you doofus I hate thee!

it's a great game that has the best shooting feel this gen. It never intends to be open world as it never encourages you to go out the world and do stuff. The world acts as a hub.

LobLob

Banned
When did it start on the 12th? (I wasn't online for it)

If it started at midnight, then 24 hours from that date (first day) would be 13th, 24 hours from that the 14th (day 2), etc.

It's like that whole thing with cententials, I think.

Thank you, someone grasps basic time measurement, you don't count the first day until 24 hours after the fact.

Grakl

I was just wondering if there was a roguelike FPS, and realized that Wolfire Games recently made one. I need to grab that game.

it's a great game that has the best shooting feel this gen.

If you're into "shoot stuff a lot until it dies because shooting things a lot means it is difficult".

Because then yeah.

Also, you're no longer welcome in my treehouse.

(I'd actually say Blacklight has the best shooty feel)

jarosh

Im still playing through it ocassionally and I really really like it. The "puzzles" are easy enough but the game just feels good movement-wise and it allows you to be effectively "good" at it and pull off some neat stuff. It's fun.

Sounds good. I love games with really tight and polished controls and core mechanics.

Salsa

If you're into "shoot stuff a lot until it dies because shooting things a lot means it is difficult".

Because then yeah.

Also, you're no longer welcome in my treehouse.

I dont know mang it has the best enemy animation ever and solid AI. Monkey dudes come out in all angles around you. It's more satisfying than challengin, i'll give you that. Meant to be played on hard from the get go if you ask me.

I retract my declaration of unbridled love for you...

I thought me loving the shit out of RAGE was a pretty well known thing around here. I think it somehow had something to do with my ban as well, hahah, defended it a bit too much maybe.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, that game looks good, maybe I could... Oh, $4.99, I'm down for 7 cents, guess I'll pass.
Seriously, Valve should let you add any amount to the wallet.

Salsa

Sounds good. I love games with really tight and polished controls and core mechanics.

beware though: it's floaty, but it needs to be. One of the mechanics is controlling gravity. Dont expect something "tight" as in Meat Boy tight, but you have a good grip on your character and pulling out various stuff during air time feels good.

ASilva

Neo Member
I really enjoyed Rage, for me 10$ is absolutely worth it! It took some tweaking to get it working and looking just right but after that the game was a blast

So... Sale almost over, I'm guessing no Kingdoms of Amalur... That's really disappointing, it was one of the games i was most looking forward to buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom