• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasLegio

Banned
It really is easy to buy crusader kings 2 on amazon even if you are in EU. Takes maybe 15 minutes to set up account at borderlinx and amazon. Use your US borderlinx postal adress as billing adress on amazon.

goodfella

Crusader kings sounds interesting, but I just got EUIII. They're both made by paradox right? And both set in Europe. What's the difference?

Hello Steam-GAF, I've also got a little contest for you.

I have 5 gifts to give away.

3 copies of Tobe's Vertical Adventure

(Here's my mini review for it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39903022&postcount=15129)

SRPFQ.jpg

SRPFQ.jpg

SRPFQ.jpg

1 copy of Half-Life 2

w9XBN.jpg

1 copy of Half-Life 2: Episode One

JSy8q.jpg

Here's what you have to do:

Draw me a picture of Half-Life 3's ending. IMPORTANT: It *has* to include Mega Man somehow.

Artistic skills not required. Make it funny, make it pretty, make it quick and dirty, use Paint, Photoshop or use a pencil, whatever. Up to you.

I'll pick 5 winners once there are a few entries (hopefully I'll get more than 5, ha!).

Oh, and include which game you want in your post!

Not sure if anyone actually wants the Half-Life games. I figure at this point everyone probably owns these...

Not entering for this contest, but I seriously wish everyone the best of luck and I'm proud that you're contributing to the Steam GAF Community with this contest. :)

On a less serious note, whoever draws Megaman saying: "BUT GORDON, YOU ARE THE DEMONS" automatically wins in my book.

fanboi

Banned
Crusader kings sounds interesting, but I just got EUIII. They're both made by paradox right? And both set in Europe. What's the difference?

Crusader kings you play as a family or dynasty while in EUIII you play as a nation.

Example I played as a count in sweden in CK where I got elevated to king after a while (going through various middle ranks first).

CKII is a great game!

Xater

Are people trolling each other with this magic Chrystals game?

Crusader kings you play as a family or dynasty while in EUIII you play as a nation.

Example I played as a count in sweden in CK where I got elevated to king after a while (going through various middle ranks first).

CKII is a great game!

And from what I heard the Game of Thrones mod is supposed to be pretty cool. I have it installed but only played like 25 minutes of CK2 so far. :p

Whomever can draw or sing(via youtube) the most original Trine tribute gets a copy of the game(Trine) You must not own Trine 1 in order to play(or you play for fun.) This is the beginning of potentially many more giveaways. Please make my first GAF giveaway fun. There are more to come, if this goes the way I'd like it to.

masterkajo

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask here, but I run !@#$%^&* of money on paypal (go figure...) and on the last day Arma II: Combined Operations got a daily (why, Gabe, why?). I still have some games in my inventory if anyone is willing to trade for Arma II:CO?

My games:
Half Life
Half Life 2: Episode One
Counter Strike
Portal
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowing Goty
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Goty
Surpreme Commander 2
L.A. Noire
Renegade Ops

Thanks. Really like to try to surive in DayZ. :)

Please PM me. I will be back later tonight.

trinest

(Here's my mini review for it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39903022&postcount=15129)

SRPFQ.jpg

SRPFQ.jpg

SRPFQ.jpg

1 copy of Half-Life 2

w9XBN.jpg

JSy8q.jpg

Draw me a picture of Half-Life 3's ending. IMPORTANT: It *has* to include Mega Man somehow.

Artistic skills not required. Make it funny, make it pretty, make it quick and dirty, use Paint, Photoshop or use a pencil, whatever. Up to you.

I'll pick 5 winners once there are a few entries (hopefully I'll get more than 5, ha!).

Not sure if anyone actually wants the Half-Life games. I figure at this point everyone probably owns these...

freeman-1.jpg

Tobes of course :)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So I wake up to find that KOTOR beat Ys for the sale.

I demand to know who is responsible for this.

My last two hopes for Ys for $8 and a Lego Batman 2 sale (LOL not happening).

DSix

Banned
got hot pursuit 2010. Should've gotten Burnout Paradise :(

Trust me, you got the better game. I bought both and I regret buying Burnout Paradise. NFS hot pursuit is just plain better, more fun and tighter overall.

The open world concept in paradise makes everything tedious (no retry, no well made circuits, long tedious to chose what race you want, pointless collectaton and stupid rank farming with repeat races). It's neither a good racing game nor a good open world game, it doesn't really know what it is and it fails at both.

ImRight

Hey ive noticed alot of Ppls Steam SS's look very different to mine, and alot better / user friendly, Can someone tell me were to get decent steam skins? does steam do them themselves? i cant see anywere in client to get skins, Just and empty skin dropdown box.....

goodfella

CKII is a great game!

That sounds much more appealing to me than playing as a nation, thanks. Winter sale maybe.

magawolaz

[...]

Ew, not me :( I'm pretty new to pc gaming but I really want to play them. I hope they go on sale for more than 50% so i can grab them for cheap.

So, I don't know what to expect from HL3's ending :/

Anyway, here's my try lol

EDIT: click for BIG.

ImRight

CKII is a great game!

Oh wow im glad i voted for it, i was sorta on the fence about buying it if it wins, but that pretty much sold me on it, Thank's

SRPFQ.jpg

SRPFQ.jpg

SRPFQ.jpg

1 copy of Half-Life 2

w9XBN.jpg

JSy8q.jpg

nvm

Don't worry, it won't be a sale since I want it. However, if I were to go ahead and buy it now, it would be a sale.

These are the top 10 selling games by revenue this week, according to the Steam RSS feed.

Arma 2 Combined Operations
Skyrim
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
The Walking Dead
Batman Franchise
Age of Empires 3
The Witcher 2
GTA complete pack
Batman Arkham City
Civilization 5 Gods & Kings/Assassin's Creed pack/Crysis collection

If there is a day of repeat sales, expect these to be featured.

So can anyone help me with the problem I am having?

I was redownloading The Witcher. But somewhere along the week, the power went out. So I reboot it and Steam opens. I go to the download section to continue the download, but The Witcher is not there. But in my library, it says "The Witcher - Updated Paused." How am I supposed to continue the download without it being in the download page?

The_Monk

Not entering for this contest, but I seriously wish everyone the best of luck and I'm proud that you're contributing to the Steam GAF Community with this contest. :)

On a less serious note, whoever draws Megaman saying: "BUT GORDON, YOU ARE THE DEMONS" automatically wins in my book.

Fine! Here it is my try, I'm horrible with Paint... Sorry jarosh!

HmeYNl.png

Would like: Tobe's Vertical Adventure for the cuteness in pixel-art form. :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good morning SteamGAF!~

Good wake-up news:

Y4nAW.png

Bad wake-up news:

KotR won over Ys Origin... and now GAF won't play Ys, ever :( Fuck.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
But, OiF is still super cheap.

Everyone buy Oath in Felghana! HURRY!
I've done my best in order to make everyone buy either Oath or Origin, but it's hard to convince some people ._.

Yoshichan

Did you stayed up all night yesterday? Hope you liked Metro 2033.
I was awake until 9am, then my body was like "Fuck you!" :( I failed GAF... but at least I'm strong now! Waking up for work tomorrow morning is still going to be a pain in the ass, haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom