• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

The first total garbage list of daily deals. Almost all of them have been in previous sales for pretty much the same price. The only thing new is Spec Ops and Amazon had a better deal.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Spec Ops has an interesting story but definitively mediocre gameplay. It's a skeletal third person shooter through and through derived of any interesting gimmicks or features. Get used to mounted turrets and "ANOTHER WAVE INCOMING".

Binary Domain is more interesting.

1-D_FTW

How well are the ports of GTA? Im thinking of getting the complete pack

It's a great port. But to the chagrin of some, Rockstar didn't set artificial ceilings on how high you could scale up the graphical settings. So people like to cry what a "lazy" port it is since they can't run it "maxed". It's the definitive version. Only issue is if you have an older dual core CPU. If you have a Sandy Bridge dual core, however, you're fine.

Binary Domain get. Nice.
Voting logs you out. Nice.

I've been logged out ever since the servers came back on.

Arksy

Trauma looks "meh" to me but wow a LOT of my friends own it. What's the scoop on this one?

Ticket to Ride
Trauma
AAAAaaaAAA!! for the Awesome edition
DEFCON
SpaceChem (<--what the heck?? Didn't this get its very own sale?)

Came free with Frozen Synapse Humble Bundle

SJRB

Gold Member
I cannot believe Black Ops is 30 euros at the moment, that is just bananas. Wasn't MW3 around 25 in the sale a few days ago?

As for the rest - I might get Wargame, it looked pretty cool from the gameplay videos I saw.

causan

Hmm.. Im thinking of jumping in on the indie deal just for Ticket to Ride and the other indie games would just be a bonus. Any tried Ticket to Ride on steam yet?

Spec Ops has an interesting story but definitively mediocre gameplay. It's a skeletal third person shooter through and through derived of any interesting gimmicks or features. Get used to mounted turrets and "ANOTHER WAVE INCOMING".

I kinda want to play Spec Ops just for the story, after the Bombcast raved about it. Not at that price, though.

TGMIII

Do not listen to this person. Experience it. Excellent audio. Turn it up.

What's there to experience. Short puzzle game with a different aesthetic that later turns into a trial and error puzzle game where error means death, none of the puzzles actually had me thinking since they were so simple there was never a "wow thats clever" moment. For a game that's only 2 hours long it had me wishing it was over much sooner.

Don't listen to neigh-sayers on Binary Domain. Yes the voice command stuff doesn't really work right (you can get around it by answering everything with a yes or no), but the story is surprisingly good and the shooting is fun.

I'd recommend it event at 15-20 bucks.

I kinda want to play Spec Ops just for the story, after the Bombcast raved about it. Not at that price, though.

Same boat. Just wait until xmas like me.

LiK

BD is fantastic

Firebrand

Binary Domain is a horrible, horrible Gears clone, stay away from it.
JN4pz.jpg

(I haven't played Gears.)

Deliverance

Neo Member
kidko is right on this one. It's especially worth this price.

Nah, I agree with Plinko. Limbo has an amazing start, but it quickly fades away and gets veeeeeery repetitive and boring. For me it was an extremely disappointing game, and I really tried to like it. I still have to finish it, but I just can't.

louiedog

I read that as Skeletor third person shooter and now I'll be disappointed with every game ever.

marrec

Banned
Impressions of Spec Ops and Binary Domain:

Spec Ops is a decent enough Uncharted-like 3rd person shooter, as a game, but the story is really where it stands out. Utterly depressing and thought provoking. Check out Zero Punctuation's review, extremely positive.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/6021-Spec-Ops-The-Line

Playing BD right now, liking it a lot. Really does get better and better.

The first hour of Binary Domain is probably the worst of it, after that it just gets more and more crazy story wise and the difficult ramps up at a VERY satisfying pace.

Best boss battles in a shooter in a very long time.

Geoff9920

The procedural destruction of the enemies is easily my favorite thing about Binary Domain. It what turns an average shooter into a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom