• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Watch this video if your unsure about Train Simulator 2012, truly heart warming. - GOTY material.

A previous short review I did:

Played some Railworks and in a bizarre way it's quite fun, currently using only electronic trains but stopping at stations and picking up passengers is part of the challenge, trying to get perfect stop is part of the skill, I managed to be going at 50mph and ended up missing the stop - then having to reverse back to pick up the passengers, for some reason the doors didn't close, so I thought fuck it just went on. I didn't master how to change tracks so I ended up crashing the damn thing though.

Slightly annoyed that the intercity 390 is not part of the pack would have been fun to drive, considering I was in the cockpit once as a kid, it's DLC so I might get that in the summer.

some screen-shots:

ZOhIG.jpg

TLHiz.jpg
vVeqR.jpg

cA0XS.jpg
z2uby.jpg

VseNH.jpg

haikira

Throwing another recommendation out for Binary Domain. Shame it's not as good as the previous amazon deal, but if you missed out on that, it's still worth a look.

I was very pleasantly surprised by this one. Thought the demo was decent enough. But having a blast with the full game. It's cheesy as hell, but the good kind. It looks and runs a lot better than i expected. Also has quite a few interesting gameplay elements, to complement the derivative but totally serviceable combat.

LiK

The first hour of Binary Domain is probably the worst of it, after that it just gets more and more crazy story wise and the difficult ramps up at a VERY satisfying pace.

Best boss battles in a shooter in a very long time.

great characters, VO and story too.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Any chance Super Meat Boy will get discounted?

marrec

Banned
The procedural destruction of the enemies is easily my favorite thing about Binary Domain. It what turns an average shooter into a good one.

Since the enemy models are kinda sparse in variety, it's nice to be able to play a little game with shooting their various limbs off.

Also, best headshot in any game ever.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It's a great port. But to the chagrin of some, Rockstar didn't set artificial ceilings on how high you could scale up the graphical settings. So people like to cry what a "lazy" port it is since they can't run it "maxed". It's the definitive version. Only issue is if you have an older dual core CPU. If you have a Sandy Bridge dual core, however, you're fine.

I'm running on Ivy Bridge i5-3450, so I should be good. I haven't played Episodes of Liberty City either

Anyone want from UK want to help me out? Seems like GTA pack is cheaper there

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I just want to buy gta3 and gta4: Episodes from Liberty City, as I don't want to replay VC and 4, and I just got SA on XBLA not that long ago. Are there graphics mods for EFLC?

Euphor!a

Banned
If I buy the Batman bundle as an inventory item, would I get all the games individually in my inventory, or would it show as a single item?

Mupod

Binary Domain, Legend of Grimrock, and The Walking Dead were all I wanted out of this sale so mission accomplished. Got From Dust, Dear Esther, Mirror's Edge and some random sonic/space marine DLC on the side as well, and I'm still under budget.

Played some Railworks and in a bizarre way it's quite fun, currently using only electronic trains but stopping at stations and picking up passengers is part of the challenge, trying to get perfect stop is part of the skill, I managed to be going at 50mph and ended up missing the stop - then having to reverse back to pick up the passengers, for some reason the doors didn't close, so I thought fuck it just went on. I didn't master how to change tracks so I ended up crashing the damn thing though.

Just imaging this happening in real life made me laugh out loud. Although the crash would be unfortunate. :-\

Gbraga

Binary Domain is awesome, if you didn't get it on the Amazon deal, get it now.

Or wait for the winter sale while you play the rest of your backlog.

Batman AA, AC and GTA IV for about 20 bucks, even though I've beaten all 3 on console.

Help me master race, you're my only hope.

Screw it bought, total now 150.

Prophane33

Nah, I agree with Plinko. Limbo has an amazing start, but it quickly fades away and gets veeeeeery repetitive and boring. For me it was an extremely disappointing game, and I really tried to like it. I still have to finish it, but I just can't.

This. It started off great, then it just starts to drag. I got an hour or two in and just ended up youtube-ing the rest. It's an alright game, just not amazing. One of those times (like Braid) where there was just too much hype for an ultimately OK game.

marrec

Banned
I haven't played 1 or 2 recently but imo BD is certainly better than Gears 3.

Personally it's worth 14 dollars just to have that box art in my catalog.

Awwwww ya......

Oh!

Did I mention you get to yell at your computer and the dudes on screen will probably very well maybe respond?

Ya, you get to do that too.

mrgone

Binary Domain doesn't quite have the same level of movement and shooting refinement as the Gears series, but the batshit crazy story totally makes up for it from what I've played so far. Totally worth buying.

I am genuinely curious about Railworks 3 after having watched Arino play Densha de Go! on Game Center CX... :lol

Also curious about Trauma and DEFCON.

The ICEnhancer mod makes the GTA collection ridiculously tempting.

The 2 campaigns are easily superior to the main GTA IV one

This. Well, I was a little mixed on Lost & Damned but Ballad of Gay Tony was great.

CRS

Finishing Psychonauts on the PC right now as we speak. It's compatible with my 360 controller and looks great for being an older game. The cutscenes don't hold up as well though. Other than that, it's an instabuy and everyone in this thread should play it.

Do I get Psychonauts as a gift if I already own it when I buy the Double Fine Bndle?
No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom