• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Binary Domain runs surprisingly well on my machine. However, since I still haven't finished Vanquish, it doesn't make sense to get this one before I do so.

Baha

Don't think Binary Domain is gonna get much cheaper for quite a while, so, sure.
Waiting for Sniper Elite and Spec Ops to drop a bit more.

If you're getting Sniper Elite, get this. Same price, you get the Kill Hitler DLC and the first game.

Sniper Elite is 70% off on amazon and is a steam redeemable key.

Codblops at £20 is insane. That should be like £10 by now...Not that I want it, but you know.

Tempted by Train Simulator 2012 for the lulz more than anything else, mostly because the trailer is so cringe worthy it's somewhat worth it. Also tempted by Binary Domain because from the screenshots people post it looks kind of cool. But I don't know if I should at that price. Might be better to wait until the winter sale or something.

Enco

The GTA pack is brilliant.

:lol at the Spec Ops, Train Sim and COD discounts.

edit: yea GTA seems like an error. Cheaper than in the US

It's actually one of those things where I was like "oh shit I've made a huge mistake" as soon as I confirmed the purchase.

As punishment this will be the first and only game that I'll clear from the backlog I've amassed. Just need to get it out of the way. Fucking hell.

alphaNoid

Banned
~$27 total and I think I'm done (unless Reckoning comes dirt cheap)

CFy6M.png

Does the basic Railworks3 package have enough content?

I have to say I used to be a huge fan of Densha de Go! when that series still existed, so it seems getting Railworks 3 for a couple of bucks is a safe bet?

I just don't want to feel as if the game itself hasn't got enough meat without purchasing DLC.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
More micro, but more importantly if you want the one of, if not the best RTS campaigns in the past decade get CoH.
Seriously? The campaign is awesome? I will buy this if I get one more person to explain why I should buy it.

GO!

edit: Can I just buy the original CoH? Do I need to expansions?

marrec

Banned
The campaign is definitely more memorable but multiplayer, coop, and graphics are all weaker than Gears.

Ya but... the campaign is all I ever played Gears for anyway. (crazy I know)

It's just to bad I can't do couch Co-op with BD like I did with Gears.

My SO would love to make fun of it with me.

Milchmann

I have to say I used to be a huge fan of Densha de Go! when that series still existed, so it seems getting Railworks 3 for a couple of bucks is a safe bet?

I just don't want to feel as if the game itself hasn't got enough meat without purchasing DLC.

The basic game already has enough content, but get the Haulin' USA Pack. It has good DLC and is a great deal.

atomsk

Party Pooper
the DNF dlc is still the same price as the full game, no way I'm picking that up until it's AT LEAST 75% or more.

ah well, maybe winter sale

I paid full price for DNF, they should just give me the dlc

Aside from Vanquish, Binary Domain is probably the only third person shooter that was at all interesting to play. I recommend it at that price.

Blizzard

Banned
I bought my third game of the sale last night, Robin Hood. I think I'm in the $9 total range or so, which isn't bad, and only one of those games was a daily deal. Yesterday some of the 22 games on my wishlist finally became 75% or more off, and after looking at them I decided that they didn't really look that great and I wasn't really THAT interested in them. I guess I should remove those. :p

marrec

Banned
Not related to one another, and I think BD is a much better game, no reason not to play the hell out of it.

Binary Domain is one of the most surprising games I've bought and played this generation. The quality is really top of the genre but it plays so old school Japanese in all the right places.

Company of Heroes is the only think that is even slightly tickling my purchase impulse. Probably just wait for the end of the Community Choice voting today, hopefully Krater wins, and Ill pick that up AND E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy (since Im interested and its already got a good discount anyways).

ksdixon

hnnng Binary Domain for £10.19 in the flash sale! Only problem is that I literally have no money right now. Is this likely to be cheaper at all, or put back on sale during the Winter Sale?

Binary Domain is one of the most surprising games I've bought and played this generation. The quality is really top of the genre but it plays so old school Japanese in all the right places.

Comments like this are pushing me to buy the game. Damn it, I really want to stay under $50 for this sale and I'm currently at $45.23

kitzkozan

Guess I should finally bite on Psychonauts. Never played it

I just did myself at that price. :p The other cult classic that got about as much praise or close to it while being a commercial bomb is Beyond good and evil which I will eventually try out (probably the HD version) .

Gandie

I'd say you can't really go wrong for 3 bucks. There's a nice mix of Diesel/Electric/Steam trains in the base game and enough tracks and missions to keep you busy for a while if you like the gameplay.

/starting to sound like a PR rep, sorry for that.

I wish you could gift parts of bundles.

I would jump on the GTA one if that was possible. Only want SA.

SA is only $3.47 if you buy it separately from the collection (well for me it is, in Canada). They all are 75% off right now when purchased separately.

Can anyone from the UK help me out with the GTA pack? It's 14,98€ here for me with only the GTA4 Complete Edition and the Grand Theft Auto Trilogy without the very old ones.
I can buy you a game you want that costs as much as the GTA pack or a bit more like the Indie Bundle VI for example and trade/gift it with/to you.
please please please please need help.

Seriously? The campaign is awesome? I will buy this if I get one more person to explain why I should buy it.

GO!

edit: Can I just buy the original CoH? Do I need to expansions?

You do not need the expansions to have a good experience but you should get them anyway. At least get Opposing Fronts.
Great tutorials, great campaign, fantastic sound design. This is an easy recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom