• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You do not need the expansions to have a good experience but you should get them anyway (except maybe the last one).
Great tutorials, great campaign, fantastic sound design. This is an easy recommendation.

Thanks!!!

Bought!

Tambini

I bought Company of Heroes a while ago but stopped playing after 2 hours due to me being shit at RTS games. I think I'll give it another go though, I could tell it was a really good game even if I was terrible at it.

Damn getting 9.0mb/s download speed!

mrgone

hnnng Binary Domain for £10.19 in the flash sale! Only problem is that I literally have no money right now. Is this likely to be cheaper at all, or put back on sale during the Winter Sale?

Well If SEGA makes it to winter I'm sure it'll be on sale!

-Debbie Downer

:3

ImRight

Gonna pull the Trigger on GTA IV complete, And company of heroes CoH looks awsome i used to love all the COmmand n conquer/red alert games, but got bored of them... CoH look's far more interesting

Whats the Consensus on the CoH DLC, worth it? also if i buy tales of valor does it combine with the Original game or show up as a seperate game on my library??

Answerss.. Pl0x

Binary Domain is one of the most surprising games I've bought and played this generation. The quality is really top of the genre but it plays so old school Japanese in all the right places.

Agreed, I remember finishing a boss and really wanting Kojima to play BD so he would know how good games can still be.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I bought CoH but not the expansions. If I like CoH then I'll buy the expansions!

Spl1nter

Gonna pull the Trigger on GTA IV complete, And company of heroes CoH looks awsome i used to love all the COmmand n conquer/red alert games, but got bored of them... CoH look's far more interesting

Whats the Consensus on the CoH DLC, worth it? also if i buy tales of valor does it combine with the Original game or show up as a seperate game on my library??

Answerss.. Pl0x

CoH expansions are completely standalone. You dont need the original game to play them. The original is the best but Opposing Fronts is very good as well.

mrgone

I don't like to think about a future without Binary Domain II

:(

I know :(( SEGA's been struggling for a while, but they've always seemed to have at least a couple of must-play titles lurking about. It'd be pretty hard to see them go under completely.

see5harp

BD was surprisingly good and satisfying on many levels. To say it's "much" better than Gears 3 is really ridiculous though. Gears 3 has arguably one of the smoothest online modes, has 4 player horde modes, 4 player coop, split screen coop, insane graphics, etc. I really love BD for putting a focus on relationships and characters but I don't think a side by side comparison with Gears 3 favors BD. Worth playing for sure.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell? I already own Railworks 2012? When did that happen?

gabbo

Answerss.. Pl0x

CoH and C&C are different types of RTS, but you'll probably enjoy CoH regardless.
Can't say about the expansions to CoH though, haven't played them.

-Mikey-

Is there still the problem for those that have GTA IV but do not own the dlc? Steam use to say that I owned the dlc even though I didn't which prevents me from buying it.

Yoshichan

For NA GAF who just woke up... don't forget to add me!

---> Yoshichan <---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom