• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Get Stacking. Especially if you like late night gaming with a bowl of green.

Costume Quest is great too but I'm bitter it didn't count some achievements I completed.

I don't know how far the Demo goes into the game, but the first hour of the game is the worst part of the game, it ramps up veeeery quickly from there.

Seems like a game that wouldn't demo well.

I remember the demo was that section of the game where you fight one of the first bosses and you have to jump on its head and shoot at it till it dies. I wasn't too enthusiastic about the demo when I played it, but good impressions from here made me want to get it.

Thankfully, I got it a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. My favorite game of the year so far.

Toki767

I'm gonna have to find a UK person to hook me up with a cheap GTA Complete Pack. Kinda sucks that I can't send messages to people on Steam without having Steam installed on my computer since I'm at work.

see5harp

Don't think Valve is aiming to "force" devs to use Steamworks. Maybe encourage, but they just make the tools available for free.

They should be forcing them to use the tools is my point. I fail to see how Magika is better or easier to play with a non searchable list of servers and no invites.

NhuuN.jpg

Maybe our Lord Gaben is being kind to us.
Oh and yeah, I'm from South America.

kaskade

Are the CoH expansions worth it? I think the 10 bucks may get better used somewhere else like if the Witcher 2 comes back on sale.

Ferrio

Banned
Okay what were some big gems in this sale so far that I might of missed? I'm avoiding all FPSs, and big name games (either have them, or don't like them). So anyone have any suggestions what I should of picked up?

What I got so far

-Both Ys
-Doublefine stuff
-Walking Dead
-Alice madness

I just feel like I'm missing a lot....

marrec

Banned
Okay what were some big gems in this sale so far that I might of missed? I'm avoiding all FPSs, and big name games (either have them, or don't like them). So anyone have any suggestions what I should of picked up?

What I got so far

-Both Ys
-Doublefine stuff
-Walking Dead
-Alice madness

Binding of Isaac.

Kind of funny. This Steam sale is the one without achievements and yet I've logged 7 hours on Borderlands, 5 hours on Cave Story and 3 hours on Civ IV

...maybe without achievements for games I don't like, I actually buy, and then play the games I actually did want :x

My damage so far
Starting Budget: 25.39 (39 cents left from buying TF2 stuff the previous week)
Current Steam Wallet: 14.81

Games:
Borderlands GOTY (Given to me as a gift)
Civ IV Complete
Binding of Isaac DLC
Cave Story +

Been a great sale so far. Hitting the things I wanted to buy. Basically just Arma II left of what I want, and I might not even pick that up, instead opting for some other less expensive items.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I only knew you're from EU from D3 thread ;)
But I've said multiple times that I'm a Swede XD Oh well, now you know!

Ok, decided to take GAF's opinion about Binary Domain in consideration and bought it. Let's hope I don't regret it :p

Also, $101.68 dollars spent so far. My wallet cries.

Smash88

Banned
I'm kind of pissed. I'm going to try contacting support to tell them I've voted every day and haven't received my 2nd level badge.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
...Did you mean North America or just Hawaii? Damn dude, it's 11 AM on even the west coast. Who even gets to sleep in that late? :p
Got a lot of invites so some part of GAF must've woken up at least! :3

What I got so far

-Both Ys
-Doublefine stuff
-Walking Dead
-Alice madness

Binding of Isaac + DLC and Trine 2 were great sales!

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Awesome price on the GTA bundle. Sold! Also snagged Costume Quest. Figured I will buy Stacking someday.

Down to $49. Still have 5 full days left. Aarrgh!!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Might have been mentioned, but there's a GTA IV complete pack for $7.49, it's just GTAIV and the 2 add ons. I'd buy the mega pack, but I already have San Andreas.

My Wallet/Credit Card cries too, just added a new tire to replace the one I got shredded last night :/

Petrie

Banned
Any Arkham games on Android?

O.O

I guess I could just check myself.

That I don't know. I have a boxed copy of Arkham Horror sealed in my closet, because I love board games like that, but nobody is really interested in playing unfortunately. Last Night on Earth is usually the best I can do.

I just don't like them as much without the board in front of me. Carcasonne I still enjoy on tablet though.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.

Might wanna browse the Hidden Gems thread, if you haven't already seen it.

marrec

Banned
That I don't know. I have a boxed copy of Arkham Horror sealed in my closet, because I love board games like that, but nobody is really interested in playing unfortunately. Last Night on Earth is usually the best I can do.

I just don't like them as much without the board in front of me. Carcasonne I still enjoy on tablet though.

Arkham Horror takes forever so most people groan when I pull it out. But then end up having a blast by the 3rd hour.

Katoki

Am I just odd? I never really got into the GTA series at all, and I even owned Vice City on the PS2 at some point for that matter.

I enjoy the hell out of SR3 though, maybe because it's not so serious?

HoosTrax

Restraint -- some of you might learn it your second time around with Steam sales :p

or you won't find enough games to spend hundreds of dollars on because you bought them all the first time around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom