• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

This happened to me several times. And neither of the cases you mention happened to me.

Or maybe Valve does not like my keeping games in my inventory rather than my backlog.

pOQjg.jpg

HoosTrax

What are some must have adventure (point and click) puzzle games?? I've already picked up Scratches.
People are going to recommend Monkey Island and Telltale games, but I would suggest checking out "The Longest Journey" (not the sequel though, mind you, which is a completely different genre). Not sure how best to describe it, but in terms of the number of creative and fanciful locations you visit and the fantasy environmental design, it has a really wide scope compared to "pirate island adventure". Almost FF7-ish in a way in terms of the expansive design and storytelling.

Dunlop

This was a risky post, being still a junior member and all.

Junior's are not allowed to post their opinions?

Anyone actually use the remote download on Android? I can see my game list and the name of my PC where steam is logged in, I click on the download icon beside the game and then it just refreshed back to my profile page but nothing is downloading

Danneee

Bought Opposing Fronts.

And everybody should buy Company of Heroes. One of the best strategy games ever! Very easy to get into.

jarosh

If nothing else, get STACKING, guys!

It's one of the best games I've played in recent years and quite possibly my favorite Double Fine game. It oozes charm. I smiled and laughed practically throughout the whole thing. It is so creative, so full of great, unique ideas, has so much attention to detail and so much personality. It's really unlike anything else. I can't think of many other games that don't involve senseless destruction where you might just be perfectly content if their world were nothing but a big sandbox, without any kind of mission structure or overarching narrative. But then, the narrative and the missions/puzzles and the many different ways to complete them are just as brilliantly realized as the game's world here.

Buy it! Seriously!

BioHazard

This was a risky post, being still a junior member and all.

But I want Divine Cybermancy! Don't care if it's already cheap, it's all about getting that higher percentage of discount.

If you wanted it so bad why didn't you get it when it was in like 2 pay-what-you-want indie bundle thingys or on previous steam sales? Besides, like that other guy says, if Krater gets the discount, you can get both for cheap, better bang/buck ratio

Vote for KRATER!

Anyone actually use the remote download on Android? I can see my game list and the name of my PC where steam is logged in, I click on the download icon beside the game and then it just refreshed back to my profile page but nothing is downloading

does the same for me...then i go home and the games dl'd and installed. Guess theres just no progress or anything

It's one of the best games I've played in recent years and quite possibly my favorite Double Fine game. It oozes charm. I smiled and laughed practically throughout the whole thing. It is so creative, so full of great, unique ideas, has so much attention to detail and so much personality. It's really unlike anything else. I can't think of many other games that don't involve senseless destruction where you might just be perfectly content if their world were nothing but a big sandbox, without any kind of mission structure or overarching narrative. But then, the narrative and the missions/puzzles and the many different ways to complete them are just as brilliantly realized as the game's world here.

Buy it! Seriously!

Damn, I promised myself that I wasn't going to buy anything today. I'm convinced. My wallet is very angry with you.

Quikies83

People are going to recommend Monkey Island and Telltale games, but I would suggest checking out "The Longest Journey" (not the sequel though, mind you, which is a completely different genre). Not sure how best to describe it, but in terms of the number of creative and fanciful locations you visit and the fantasy environmental design, it has a really wide scope compared to "pirate island adventure". Almost FF7-ish in a way in terms of the design and storytelling.

Thanks. I've already played through The Longest Journey and the Monkey Island games -- a few years back. Good recommendation though on TLJ.
I'm looking at Still Life and Syberia as well....

ImRight

DAFUQ!!

GTA IV + EFLC = 32.3 Gb? Son of a ..... Since when is GTA IV like 15gb?? and then EFLC is 16?? What dont they use the same map? Gahhh

Dont have room on ma ssd for all the games i bought since sale start >.<.. Steam mover time......

Also Company of heroes... Will the opposing fronts combine into the Vanilla game? They both listed as 9gb seems weird to me that opposing fronts wouldnt use any files from the Vanilla if u have it to use less HDD space....

Oh well at least now the 2tb HDD i bought for no reason will have a use...
this should be me for the rest of the sale..... Unless something awsome crops up...

Anyone know what games Benefit the most from an SSD? like do games like Saints row, GTA Skyrim ect.. Keep loading maps off of drive when u enter different areas like going into/out of buildings or do they load up at the start and then Load from Memory? this is what i dont understand...

geeko

Fuck, missed Crysis Warhead, and crysis 2 this morning. Damnit, I wanted those today. Now I must wait for the daily deal, or another flash deal. shit.

Koroviev

Buy it! Seriously!

How prevalent is the crude humor? That's what put me off of the game.

feel

Or maybe Valve does not like my keeping games in my inventory rather than my backlog.

pOQjg.jpg
I got locked out of buying gifts for 24hours the other day because I was storing all the games. The error didn't specify it and customer support acted like they didn't know what was going on and suggested the usual stuff like using another browser, but I know their game!

I'm still doing it though, they can lock me out again if they want, I'll find workarounds to get my games.
It was a joke.

Everyone should get Binary Domain btw. So good.

If you wanted it so bad why didn't you get it when it was in like 2 pay-what-you-want indie bundle thingys or on previous steam sales? Besides, like that other guy says, if Krater gets the discount, you can get both for cheap, better bang/buck ratio
I just got into PC gaming. :(

How prevalent is the crude humor? That's what put me off of the game.
There's a farting character out of the dozens of other characters there. IIRC that's as far as it goes...

Yeah, I was just watching the trailer and closed the tab after the fart power. Not sold. :/
That guy's contribution is necessary but really brief.

Both are really good, flip a coin if you can't pick up both.

edit: wow.

Ha...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom