• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Cool thanks dude, Gonna buy the "Gold Edition" with Opposing fronts included......Does it involve Base bulding aswell? couldnt really tell from the Trailer......

Yep there's certainly base building. After playing and loving the stuffing out of Dawn of War 2, that's a minus in my book, but CoH is still a fantastic RTS.

HoosTrax

Seriously? The campaign is awesome? I will buy this if I get one more person to explain why I should buy it.

GO!

edit: Can I just buy the original CoH? Do I need to expansions?
This is subjective, but I really liked the voice acting in both the stock campaign and the Royal Army campaign. People might immediately recognize the voice actor who voiced the American sniper and Sgt. Craft in the Causeway campaign in Talors of Valor...he's pretty damned unmistakable.

1504837-garrus_vakarian_02.jpg

I'm really hoping that Tiny & Big goes on sale as a daily or flash sale soon. Even if it's 33% off, I will buy it. I've been so interested in that game since it released a few weeks ago.

Turns out Firefly has officially abandoned Stronghold 3. That's too bad, it had a lot of potential but it sounds like it still needed a few more patches. I'd avoid it.

Katoki

Wow there're a lot of shooters right now.

Maybe I may actually get to go a day without dropping money on something... maybe.

see5harp

Need more boardgame releases on Android.

Would love to play Catan or even any of the Arkham games on a tablet.

Just about every retail board game out has a iOS version. The game center stuff is going to make it hard to switch platforms. As of right now it seems like even Apple is doing a better job of forcing devs to use their tools than Steam is doing with Steamworks.

MrMephistoX

God I hate this Steam sale! I just bought the Hitman Collection yesterday and now they have the audacity to post the GTA collection for $12.49! At this rate I'll eventually duplicate my entire collection of 3rd party games on console. Hi ho Steambox rumors.

mrgone

Turns out Firefly has officially abandoned Stronghold 3. That's too bad, it had a lot of potential but it sounds like it still needed a few more patches. I'd avoid it.

Ouch :( I was hoping they'd massage it into something resembling the awesomeness of previous games in the series, but that's apparently that.

Petrie

Banned
Just about every retail board game out has a iOS version. The game center stuff is going to make it hard to switch platforms. As of right now it seems like even Apple is doing a better job of forcing devs to use their tools than Steam is doing with Steamworks.

I have Catan on my HP Touchpad via Android, so I'm confused by this.

Volcynika

Don't think Valve is aiming to "force" devs to use Steamworks. Maybe encourage, but they just make the tools available for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom