• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'd forgotten how damn nice Human Revolution looks with ENB.

deus1w1ulx.png

deus2fcugw.png

Everybody but it and play it cos it's awesome.

Ledsen

WaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwait

Did i really miss a dead rising 2: otr sale??? REALLY? REALLY?

Nabs

WaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwaitWaitwait

Yeah.

Really, it could still show up in a daily though.

All dem gigabytes.
100MB FIBER ACTIVATE!

Been waiting three months to do that. Technically I'd have to wait two more weeks to ensure I'm not getting billed for two subscriptions this month, but eh.

LiK

$9.99 Flash

Lain

In a way I'm happy there's nothing I want today as a deal, so I can keep those 15€ in the wallet hoping for certain deals to happen in the next days and not get sidetracked.

Also, since I saw some people do it, I might as well. If anyone wants to add me, my steam profile.

Gandie

Then why does this exist?

6p4G5.jpg

Because Valve won't change their system just for a Train Simulator. Still my point stands. You don't buy all the DLC the same way you don't go into a toy store and buy all the model trains available. You pick what you like.

Gaben! Thou didst forsake me!

I called thou to lower the prices of Chantelise as well as Fortune Summoner. thou promised to lower them, just because it may be my birthday!

Oh, have they fallen :(

Tadale

So far I've got Civ V, Cave Story, Dear Esther, and Shatter. Also looking to get L4D2 and the Fallout games, but it looks like I missed them – hope they make a return!

TheChits

Dear Esther was certainly interesting. Definitely want to give it another run through to confirm some ideas I have about the story.

Did they ever fix the crappy multiplayer in E.Y.E? Me and friends tried to play it during the Winter Sale and we couldn't even get a multiplayer game going after trying for over an hour.

jarosh

How prevalent is the crude humor? That's what put me off of the game.

Huh? The crudest thing are the few dolls that fart or puke. But it's so charmingly, lovingly done, I really don't know how it could put anyone off. I find something like Meat Boy much more crude in that regard. Stacking actually has decent writing and a unique and amusing story to tell. I'm really not entirely sure where you're coming from with that comment, unless it really *is* the flatulating doll(s) that bother you so much...

Koroviev

Huh? The crudest thing are the few dolls that fart or puke. But it's so charmingly, lovingly done, I really don't know how it could put anyone off. I find something like Meat Boy much more crude in that regard. Stacking actually has decent writing and a really unique story to tell. I'm really not entirely sure where you're coming from with that comment, unless it really *is* the flatulating doll(s) that bother you so much...

Yeah, I really don't like toilet humor :\

Binabik15

You're all getting ripped off, Train Manager DLC is 766€ :p Of course, no cheap GTA or other stuff for us.

Bought Brotherhood, Dear Esther and Mirror's Edge for 13€, though. First time I bought this sale. Tempted to buy Batman AC, just so I don't have to deal with GFWL on my copy anymore. Then I look at the performance I get with my 5850 and I suddenly stop caring about the game.

Koroviev

You're all getting ripped off, Train Manager DLC is 766€ :p Of course, no cheap GTA or other stuff for us.

Bought Brotherhood, Dear Esther and Mirror's Edge for 13€, though. First time I bought this sale. Tempted to buy Batman AC, just so I don't have to deal with GFWL on my copy anymore. Then I look at the performance I get with my 5850 and I suddenly stop caring about the game.

Does Batman AC run poorly on that card?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So are GTA Liberty Stories better than the main game? I mean specifically with mission design.... and actually being a fun game. I really wanted to play Ballad of Tony, but I hated how dull GTAIV was.

ImRight

Because Valve won't change their system just for a Train Simulator. Still my point stands. You don't buy all the DLC the same way you don't go into a toy store and buy all the model trains available. You pick what you like.

But..... but, ... but What if you like Everything?

xallthethingsmemegenera.png

BlazeGaj

Neo Member
WHAT
WHAT
WHAT
WHAT
WHAT
WHAT
WHAT

Does anyone have a dead rising 2 otr gift copy they bought during the sale? IT WAS LIKE THE ONLY GAME I WANTED I WILL PAY YOU FOR IT

It's 9.99 pound here in uk which is cheaper than US price. Steam username is BlazeGaj if your want it.

Koroviev

How are the older GTA games? My sister really wants to play one, but I know GTA4 won't run well on her PC (and it has GFWL).

Any decent aesthetic mods?

Binabik15

Does Batman AC run poorly on that card?

It did when I tried it. Not even maxed and no DX11 it went 2something to 5something frames. Blergh. And my 5850 was OCedt until the recent Catalyst patch put it back to stock settings.

OH WOW
I'm high as fuck[IMG][/QUOTE]

So you're saying it is worth 14€? I might get Crysis 2 if BD isn't good, but I didn't really feel C2 from what I've played, that'd be to look at the effects once I upgrade my card.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I called thou to lower the prices of Chantelise as well as Fortune Summoner. thou promised to lower them, just because it may be my birthday!

PaulLFC found a Carpe Fulgur Bundle in the registry (giant megapost). I don't know if anyone's invalidated that list since, but: stiff upper lip 'til the end of the sale, and all that.

Kuroyume

Banned
Binding of Isaac hit a million sales a day ago.

tumblr_m7a5xerbEz1rwh6p8o1_500.gif

Congrats to Edmund. One of these days I'll get a controller and get around to playing SMB.

Piano

Banned
How are the older GTA games? My sister really wants to play one, but I know GTA4 won't run well on her PC (and it has GFWL).

Any decent aesthetic mods?

San Andreas is shitloads of fun. There's an ENB mod for it but it's just dumping bloom and whatever on top of a 2005 game, so I'd say just stick with the traditional graphics. They're not great, but it's a huge world with tons and tons going on.

Koroviev

It did when I tried it. Not even maxed and no DX11 it went 2something to 5something frames. Blergh. And my 5850 was OCedt until the recent Catalyst patch put it back to stock settings.

Yikes, does the game have something against AMD cards? Does it work with DX9?

Atrophis

Holy shit I nearly bought Episodes from Liberty City without realising I could get the complete pack for the same price :O I already have all the other games on console but still nice to have back up copies/superior versions.

Todays pick ups:

GTA complete pack
Stacking
Dear Esther

jarosh

Yeah, I really don't like toilet humor :\

Among the hundreds and hundreds of dolls there are two that flatulate. And using them is entirely optional throughout the whole game. I'm really somewhat baffled how this could put you off an entire game, especially one that is otherwise quite clever and clearly a cut above most other games both in terms of humor and storytelling. I'm quite averse to crude humor myself and I wasn't bothered by it in the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom