• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

reson8or

Binary Domain is a horrible, horrible Gears clone, stay away from it.
Duke is ...... interesting if you're nostalgic.
Spec ops is great. A relly good campaign mode and and average multiplayer, it'll be a better deal at $25

Would just like to offer a counter opinion: I loved Binary Domain, and backlog/PSO2 permitting, I can't wait to play through it again.

Jak140

I bought Dear Esther yesterday and played it and oh man do I wish I had bought the soundtrack version. I wish Steam had the option to buy the soundtrack by itself :/

mackattk

I got 45 left in my steam wallet. Started out with about 200, but I was able to catch up on a lot that I have been missing though.

Ledsen

It's 9.99 pound here in uk which is cheaper than US price. Steam username is BlazeGaj if your want it.

Thanks a lot, but that's still 1/3 more than us flash deal price. If no one has a us copy for $10 ill wait for a possible daily deal (which it should have a good chance of getting).

Koroviev

San Andreas is shitloads of fun. There's an ENB mod for it but it's just dumping bloom and whatever on top of a 2005 game, so I'd say just stick with the traditional graphics. They're not great, but it's a huge world with tons and tons going on.

Okay, might get it for her then. She was also looking at SR3, but I think she might also have issues with it. Her monitor has a sub-HD resolution, but her processor is a dual core.

Wazzim

Banned
Or maybe Valve does not like my keeping games in my inventory rather than my backlog.

pOQjg.jpg

Can you then choose to gift it later on or keep the game for yourself?

see5harp

Yea, I love Isaac. yesterday I was playing and picked up a "Steam sale" which dropped every item in the store by half. I was laughing out loud because I picked the game up from the Steam sale.

Salsa

also people need to understand that no one saying Binary Domain is good in a "it's so bad it's good" kinda way, cause it can come off like that, but it's actually, honestly, genuinely, really, just good. It's a great game.

bigace33

Regarding GTA:IV, how much does it like the Phenom II x4? I've always heard it was badly CPU bound.

If you have a decent card it will run great. I have the Phenom II x4 with an HD Radeon 6850 and I can run it at full 1080p no problems. lol I actually beat the game with an HD Radeon 5570 and it ran like pure crap, but it was playable.

also people need to understand that no one saying Binary Domain is good in a "it's so bad it's good" kinda way, cause it can come off like that, but it's actually, honestly, genuinely, really, just good. It's a great game.
I'll give BD another shot later, I've the PS3 version so maybe I'm missing the fun of the game.

Spl1nter

If you dont own Company of Heroes you have to buy the game. Your getting possibly the best singleplayer rts campaign ever and one of the best PC games in the past decade. The game has aged beautifully and is still the best singleplayer RTS released in the past 6 years.

The beauty of the game is that its extremely accesible as the difficulty level of the campaign ramps up beautifully. An excellent game as an introduction to RTS or someone who thinks they dont like RTS games. I have friends who dont like RTS games but loved CoH.

You really owe it to yourself for 2.50 to play the game. Plus CoH2 is coming out in 2013!!!

reson8or

Completely agree. It definitely has its share of kinks, but a terrific experience al the way through.

marrec

Banned

Oh yes I guess this needs to be pointed out.

It's not "GOOD" like Deadly Premonition was good.

It's good like Gears of War + Vanquish + Old School Japanese is good.

So are GTA Liberty Stories better than the main game? I mean specifically with mission design.... and actually being a fun game. I really wanted to play Ballad of Tony, but I hated how dull GTAIV was.
Ballad of Tony is the best part of the episodes.

Errr is the GTA pack meant to show two copies each of GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas in my game list? :/
Steamplay. One for PC, one for Mac.

Ledsen

If you dont own Company of Heroes you have to buy the game. Your getting possibly the best singleplayer rts campaign ever and one of the best PC games in the past decade. The game has aged beautifully and is still the best singleplayer RTS released in the past 6 years.

The beauty of the game is that its extremely accesible as the difficulty level of the campaign ramps up beautifully. An excellent game as an introduction to RTS or someone who thinks they dont like RTS games. I have friends who dont like RTS games but loved CoH.

You really owe it to yourself for 2.50 to play the game. Plus CoH2 is coming out in 2013!!!

+1

Truly the greatest RTS ever made. The perfect game in the genre.

And if you don't like RTS... It's still an amazing game and you will love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom