• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Unless you are joking or you are a train fanatic, Railworks is NOT worth it, in any form.

This is a room in my basement currently:

D3xNX.jpg

Edit: Holy shit that's huge. How do I resize? D:

Edit 2: Better.

beanman25

Shoot Many Robots isn't bad for this price. I would recommend it only if you have others who have it. Solo isn't great, but the multiplayer can be a blast.

Zebra

Unless you are joking or you are a train fanatic, Railworks is NOT worth it, in any form.

That's kind of harsh for a harmless train simulator. It's the sort of thing someone knows whether or not they want right away: either they want to simulate driving a train, or they don't.

If someone is buying it, it's surely worth it to them.

Edit: well seeing that you played it, maybe not. :lol

XeroSauce

[img.]http://i.imgur.com/I8r4s.jpg[/img]

Edit: Holy shit that's huge. How do I resize? D:

Okay, see, that's cool, and then Railworks would be a worthy purchase for you.

Random Question: You play TF2 at all?

Briefly played Costume Quest when it's free for PS+. I like the gameplay.

How is Psychonauts and Stacking? They do play similar? Different?
I heard about the toilet humor from Stacking.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Looks good. Check out the Trains vs. Zombies DLC for Railworks.

Hah! I thought you were having a go at me, until I Googled and found out that's a real thing. Looks absolutely awesome. *added to cart*

I just want to say... You let me down GAF.... I was counting on you guys to help me achieve my goal of getting witcher 2 the second time around.

I'm just not sure I can forgive you guys!

That being said... How does costume quest run on the PC? Tempted for that price. Demo on PSN was fun.

Briefly played Costume Quest when it's free for PS+. I like the gameplay.

How is Psychonauts and Stacking? They do play similar? Different?
I heard about the toilet humor from Stacking.

Psychonauts is amazing, one of the best games of its generation. But it's a platformer and completely different from Costume Quest's RPG gameplay.

Stacking is alright. It was fun for what it was. It's not a terribly difficult game, but some of the puzzles are clever and it has the trademark wit of a Double Fine game. It's mainly puzzles and that's really it. I'd put Psychonauts > Costume Quest > Stacking, but the Double Fine bundle is well worth the money.

XeroSauce

That's kind of harsh for a harmless train simulator. It's the sort of thing someone knows whether or not they want right away: either they want to simulate driving a train, or they don't.

If someone is buying it, it's surely worth it to them.

Edit: well seeing that you played it, maybe not. :lol

Seen so many people waste money on it thinking that it'd at least be decent, in past sales. Then they come to me filled with regret.

If you are into trains, full power to you, this is perfect for you and the million DLCs that they have lets you find the exact kind of model or type that you are interested in. But getting it in place of other games on Steam if you are just "curious" is a big no and I'd rather not have more people in the regret zone post-Steam-sale.

Dacvak

Okay, see, that's cool, and then Railworks would be a worthy purchase for you.

Random Question: You play TF2 at all?
I used to. Kinda got turned off from it because I *allegedly* have the rarest TF2 item in existence? (Vintage Companion Cube Pin), and I get multiple friend requests daily, and harassed on TF2 servers from people who want it. Even got my account hacked and had it stolen once.

Anyway, I'll play if I have a reason to, like friends invite me. But I definitely don't go on public servers by myself, anymore.

Fireblend

Banned
I used to. Kinda got turned off from it because I *allegedly* have the rarest TF2 item in existence? (Vintage Companion Cube Pin), and I get multiple friend requests daily, and harassed on TF2 servers from people who want it. Even got my account hacked and had it stolen once.

Anyway, I'll play if I have a reason to, like friends invite me. But I definitely don't go on public servers by myself, anymore.

Haha, silly TF2 players.

Chili

http://i.imgur.com/D3xNX.jpg

That is awesome!!

Railworks is a great game even if you have a passing interest in trains. It's a shame the newest version is a little broken with the Raildriver for some locos.

rd.desktop.home.jpg

I picked up some good DLC for cheap in the sale too. Really liking Cologne-Dusseldorf in particular with its relatively short stopping distances.

Katoki

I just want to say... You let me down GAF.... I was counting on you guys to help me achieve my goal of getting witcher 2 the second time around.

I'm just not sure I can forgive you guys!

That being said... How does costume quest run on the PC? Tempted for that price. Demo on PSN was fun.

Costume quest looks pretty harmless in terms of system specs where even my base model Macbook Air would be fine running it. But the real thing is that I don't know how Batman won again with these average Steam users. Wait.. average Steam users, I answered my own question.

Fireblend

Banned
I have a Genuine Companion Cube Pin, which is more rare than that. No one even cares...

People usually go crazy for the Max Head Hat and the Earbuds.

I don't think it is:

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Companion_Cube_Pin

4 Vintage Companion Cube Pins were given to play-testers of Portal 2 at PAX 2010 prior to the item's official release.[2]
A second Vintage Companion Cube Pin was awarded to another player for unknown reasons.

I'm guessing Dacvak was one of those 4 players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom