• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

+rep for PrematureQuiche for helping me get the GTA complete pack from the UK at a lower price. Thank you very much.

XeroSauce

You should have gotten it during the Amazon sale. You should still get it at this price, though! Great game.

._.

I remember Giantbomb talking about it and it sounded entertaining.
I also remember watching TB do a WTF and the game had major KB+M problems, are they still prevalent?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
And I'm back for the day!

So, what do we have? Train Simulator? Nice. Limbo? Cool.

How about this "Stacking" game I've heard about. What's that like? Worth it?

alphaNoid

Banned
I'm enjoying Binary Domain so far. It feels like Gears+Vanquish+Kojima writing ... just not in love with the FOV and camera angle is all.

vocab

Binary domain is very Yakuza like in presentation, I like it a lot. It's really the only chest high wall game I like because the chest high wall genre fucking sucks.

Only thing that sucks about the PC version is Mouse acceleration, and no sensitivity adjustment for turrets.

Binary domain is very Yakuza like in presentation, I like it a lot. It's really the only chest high wall game I like because the chest high wall genre fucking sucks.

I don't think you understand the word "genre."

I hate the red car genre. It's a bad genre of car.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Guys I just bought the GTA collection and for some reason in my list of games I have 2 copies of GTA 3, VC and SA. Thing is those copies aren't the game, it only has the details page without any info saying this game is not for this platform :/

Is there any way to get rid of these without making a new category?

This is what I mean

7592652646_518e132c7a_b.jpg
That's why I only show my installed games so I don't have to see them. If you like to show all of your games in grid view then you should add custom icons from the GAF thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477211

._.

I remember Giantbomb talking about it and it sounded entertaining.
I also remember watching TB do a WTF and the game had major KB+M problems, are they still prevalent?
The defualt keys were bad, yeah, but I don't remember if they ever changed what the default keys were after a patch. But anyway, the first thing anyone should do for a new game is check the controls :p Just mimic any shooter you're used to and you're golden.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
This is balls. I really want the Horseshoe Curve expansion in Train Simulator, but it's $15 on sale. Yet I could just rebuy Train Simulator with the expansion for $4. What is that? Hmph.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Repost for new page:

Question, since there are always a bunch of people asking if they get a gift copy of a game if they buy a bundle in which they already own some of what's included: if you buy the whole bundle as a "gift" does it split the games out individually? Seems like in that case you could just gift the ones you want to yourself and send the others along to other people.

For example, if I already own 3 games in an indie bundle could I buy the bundle as a gift, gift myself the two I don't already own, then send the other three out to whoever I want, or when I buy the bundle as a gift do I have to send it all out as a bundle?

Repost for new page:

Question, since there are always a bunch of people asking if they get a gift copy of a game if they buy a bundle in which they already own some of what's included: if you buy the whole bundle as a "gift" does it split the games out individually? Seems like in that case you could just gift the ones you want to yourself and send the others along to other people.

For example, if I already own 3 games in an indie bundle could I buy the bundle as a gift, gift myself the two I don't already own, then send the other three out to whoever I want, or when I buy the bundle as a gift do I have to send it all out as a bundle?

No, until you or they unpack it it looks the same as at the checkout (i.e. one package like "Assasins' Creed Complete pack".

The only exceptions are games that explictly list free extra giftable copies on their store page. There are handful of these.

Levyne

Banned
Not really a sale comment but adding mods to Skyrim is literally as easy as pressing subscribe/unsubscribe?

Why haven't I been doing more of this?

I'm sure there are mods outside of steam workshop but I really don't wanna go messing with files myself.

ImRight

Hrm. Get Arkham City or wait for the inevitable GOTY edition at the same price?

You do spend time out in the open, but it's mostly indoors.

But don't worry. You feel like Batman.

You remember those scenes in Batman Begins where he picks off people one by one in the warehouses? It's just like that.

Sweet thanks for that, Not only did you convince me to go for AA but also saved me Some money :D, (well Delayed me spending some)

i was just considering Going for the Batman Franchise pack instead of just AA, Ive already got like 30 Games, (not including a bunch of indie titles i got) but didnt wanna miss AC with all the dlc, didnt even think about the fact that a GOTY edition was Inevitable. and id be Well suprised if what ive got doesn't keep me going for a solid 6 months......at the least

anddo0

Look for "Controller Enabled" under the features on the right sidebar to find out (alongside things like "Single Player", "Steam Achievements") If it's there, you are guaranteed.

It's not always accurate though. Episodes from Liberty City is controller enabled, but it's not listed on the side bar.

Not really a sale comment but adding mods to Skyrim is literally as easy as pressing subscribe/unsubscribe?

Why haven't I been doing more of this?

I'm sure there are mods outside of steam workshop but I really don't wanna go messing with files myself.

Not only that, when there is a new version of the mod, it auto-updates. Steam workshop is awesome. I can't wait for it to be in more games. It's only in about half a dozen as of now.

XeroSauce

It's not always accurate though. Episodes from Liberty City is controller enabled, but it's not listed on the side bar.

I know, but given that I didn't know if those games specifically were enabled or not off the top of my head, that was the best answer I could provide.

Levyne

Banned
Not only that, when there is a new version of the mod, it auto-updates. Steam workshop is awesome. I can't wait for it to be in more games.

I remember days of modding games like KoTOR (yeah I'm sure plenty remember stuff from further back than that) using the override folder and such. I downloaded a mod that added a quest involving some soldiers and a downed space ship and separately added a mod that added more Darth Revan-esqe robes...

the result was a team of multi-colored darth revans inside the ship instead of soldiers :)

You're right and there are a TON of games that are controller supported that don't have the icon, but he is also right that if the icon is there, it is guaranteed.

demolitio

Any impressions on Wargame here? I'm interested but don't know about $20 so I'd love to hear what you guys think about its replayability and online community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom