• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. You HAVE to create a Facebook account and link it or else the game will NOT start. NFS.

Well, unless it connected to it without asking me, I just played the tutorial and the farm level... not hooked up to FB as far as I know. Saw an option where I COULD, but didnt take them up on it.

alphaNoid

Banned
It sucks that BD isn't even in the top 20 though.

People really need to play this game.

I just bought and I love it! Granted the first chapter was sort of tedious but it opens up in chapter 2. And after I modified the FOV the game plays just 100x better.

I'm really enjoying the story a lot, like .. a lot.

Bought a Shoot Many Robots 4pack. At 7.50$, how can you not? These fl;ash deals have been my undoing. I've only purchased two daily deals, no make it three now, but sooooooooo many flash deals.

HoosTrax

That's it, screw the ignorant unwashed masses. I demand 1 vote per game owned.

Outrageous...

Also -- just pre-order Torchlight II already, you get Torchlight I free.

From now on I am instituting a new rule:

I will not buy DLC for any game until I have finished the game.

I don't care how cheap it is. I dont care if it is $0.10. I can always get it later on next sale after I actually finish the base game. It makes no sense to waste money on more of a game I haven't completed yet. I concluded this while considering Dungeon Defenders DLC. I like the game quite a bit. I have played it about 10 hours with friends. But we haven't even finished the base content. Therefore it makes no sense for me to be buying these add ons.

mrgone

Anyone knows if Dead Horde or Nation Red are as good as Alien Swarm or Dead Nation (PSN) or more like Ghostbusters: Slime of Sanctum?

Hey, speaking of Alien Swarm, did Valve ever do anything with that game outside of a patch or two? I would gladly pay cash money for a proper campaign(s). That game is awesome.

Nation Red is totally bananas in a really fun way. Worth it, in my opinion :) Maybe not as good as Alien Swarm, but similar and totally great in its own right. Closer to Alien Swarm than Ghostbusters.

I just bought and I love it! Granted the first chapter was sort of tedious but it opens up in chapter 2. And after I modified the FOV the game plays just 100x better.

Maybe I'm an idiot, but do you also know how to inverse the right analog stick for the Xbox controller. Been looking through the menus during the tutorial and cant't find anything.

It's okay though, since I've been fiending on Dead Rising 2: OR. I haven't played a Dead Rising since the first one on the Xbox, but I'm loving how completely over the top this one is.

What's wrong with me?

Didn't got SSFIV:AE, ACII:B, Crysis 2 (Because all of them over 7€) or GTAIV (I have the actual physical copy sealed and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to play older ones. I'm not a fan of this kind of sandbox games, but THAT price for all the collection is so tempting. It's like buy the GTA IV DLC and get everything for free in Steam - GTAIV retail is not steamable-).

Not that long ago I would have bought all those games and some more under 15€. But now I can only think about the next sale to save 2€, or even not buying a game because maybe I will not play it!

Gaf, I need your help.

Hey, speaking of Alien Swarm, did Valve ever do anything with that game outside of a patch or two? I would gladly pay cash money for a proper campaign(s). That game is awesome.

Seems they updated the SDK 11 days ago and on friday fixed some things.

Maybe the prepare to use Steam Workshops for this title.

Another question. Can I sort for games that use gamepad support or like "local coop". They have categories for it when I open a shop-page of a title, but I can not seem to sort for that.

marrec

Banned

Ya, the story is like if Hideo Kojima wrote Ghost in the Shell.

mrgone

Seems they updated the SDK 11 days ago and on friday fixed some things.

Maybe the prepare to use Steam Workshops for this title.

Wait, Alien Swarm doesn't have Workshop integration yet? I figured it was a shoe-in for that. It seemed like that was their aim with it from the start. Hopefully that's the case, then :)

Gbraga

What's wrong with me?

Didn't got SSFIV:AE, ACII:B, Crysis 2 (Because all of them over 7€) or GTAIV (I have the actual physical copy sealed and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to play older ones. I'm not a fan of this kind of sandbox games, but THAT price for all the collection is so tempting. It's like buy the GTA IV DLC and get everything for free in Steam - GTAIV retail is not steamable-).

Not that long ago I would have bought all those games and some more under 15€. But now I can only think about the next sale to save 2€, or even not buying a game because maybe I will not play it!

Gaf, I need your help.

You're now a grown ass man, you can fly around shouting POWER OF THE NOVA FORCE

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Would Assassin's Creed 2 be a waste of my time having already completed Brotherhood?

2 has a more interesting story and better locations. However, the combat of Brotherhood flows a lot better, so it may be hard to go back to AC2.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Hey, I started up Legend of Fae tonight on a whim and I liked it a lot. It's a bejeweled type game mixed with a turn based RPG...sorta. I really like it. 2.50, can't go wrong.

It isn't widescreen, and I noticed the great hand drawn graphics don't look as good on my 27" monitor due to no resolution options in the game, so I played it in a window and it looks much cleaner.

Little games like this I'd never play if not for the Steam sale.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
ari_gold.gif

But it is Armitage III: the unofficial video game

XOMTOR

I must be dreaming things but I thought Binary Domain had another hour on the clock. Now it's Take on Helicopters for 17 hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom