• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
Not seeing anything that I dont already own or are interested in today. Maybe a nice couple of flash deals will pop up..

ahm-keepin-my-money.jpg

Somebody talk me out of or into buying Spec Ops... I'm so close.

You should have bought it during the Amazon sale. It was only $25.

Still an amazing game though. Between Spec ops and Walking Dead, my two sleeper hits of the year.

inky

Is anyone else experiencing slow down on Binding of Isaac?

Unrelated but I'm experiencing slowdown in every single game since I updated to the newest NVIDIA drivers like 3 days ago (560ti). I had to disable hardware auto-detect and windows updates too because that was also messing with the process. The NVIDIA installer would fail, and the HW auto-detect would launch itself and install some generic 2007 drivers. Now I'm scared to do anything, be it rollback to some old drivers or try to install them again because it was literally 4 hours of restarts and windows changing the resolution when it "detected" the card was plugged in (well duh) -> install dummy drivers - me deleting them -> rinse and repeat. Oh, and the NVIDIA Control Panel crashes whenever I try to launch it, did I mention that? Ugh. Haven't had this many problems since I had a Radeon Pro 9800.

ImRight

Wow..... Whats Wrong with me Guys.... I've just spent Like $200 on Games on Steam/GmG and im just pull tha Trigger on a $300 set of pc speakers that i been eyeing off for Months......Seriously this is gonna leave me with like $200 For food/fuel/Myfuel(booze) ect... For the week........ And the Steam Sales are Still GOING!!!....

But i just cant stand being the owner of a set of logitechs anymore........ e: [Half Busted Logitechs]

Someone talk me out of it.....

It wont happen.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It's always bugged me that the individual Popcap games (besides PvZ and Peggle) never seen to get deep discounts. I don't want the complete pack, I own Peggle and PvZ and Bejeweled 3 (thanks to a generous benefactor) and a few others, but there are quite a few others I'd pick up at 2.50 rather than 5.

mackattk

Wow..... Whats Wrong with me Guys.... I've just spent Like $200 on Games on Steam/GmG and im just pull tha Trigger on a $300 set of pc speakers that i been eyeing off for Months......Seriously this is gonna leave me with like $200 For food/fuel/Myfuel(booze) ect... For the week........ And the Steam Sales are Still GOING!!!....

But i just cant stand being the owner of a set of logitechs anymore........

It wont happen.

Hold off on the speakers, and bask in the glory of the remaining days of steam sales. Your speakers will still be $300, but these games man, these games won't be.

goober

It wont happen.

200 dollars for the WEEK?

you're good man. you can eat ramen while you game.

Hawk269

I still have a FREE copy of Magika to give out. Instead of my normal U2 related quiz and since I am new to Steam and all, how about we do this.

In the next 30 minutes, whoever add's me as a friend within Steam, I will put their name in a drawing for the game. Just send me a friends request via Steam and include your Gaf name as well. I will write down each name and put them in a hat and draw a winner and announce it here on the site.

My Steam Name is: Stateless. Since there are other "Stateless" users, mine is the one with a Joshua Tree Avatar.

Good Luck to whoever enters. I will draw the Winners name at 6:15pm PST today.

Razek

Banned

It wont happen.

Drink less. Buy more!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's always bugged me that the individual Popcap games (besides PvZ and Peggle) never seen to get deep discounts. I don't want the complete pack, I own Peggle and PvZ and Bejeweled 3 (thanks to a generous benefactor) and a few others, but there are quite a few others I'd pick up at 2.50 rather than 5.

Yep. I ended up buying Zuma's Revenge on iPhone so I'm good with that but I'd like to see some of their older games like Feeding Frenzy and Heavy Weapon get a deep discount. 5 isn't outrageous but it's a little over my impulse purchase price point.

Bog

Junior Ace
One of my flash deals just switched briefly to Take On Helicopters or something. They can't be serious.

Bad7667

Somebody talk me out of or into buying Spec Ops... I'm so close.
I bough it from amazon for $25. Completed it a couple days ago, and I would wait for a better sale, unless you are in need of a third person shooter. Its very average in terms mechanics but has pretty interesting story which makes up for the gameplay short comings.

It a pretty good sale but after playing it, I say wait for a $15 or lower deal.

Danielsan

I still have a FREE copy of Magika to give out. Instead of my normal U2 related quiz and since I am new to Steam and all, how about we do this.

In the next 30 minutes, whoever add's me as a friend within Steam, I will put their name in a drawing for the game. Just send me a friends request via Steam and include your Gaf name as well. I will write down each name and put them in a hat and draw a winner and announce it here on the site.

My Steam Name is: Stateless. Since there are other "Stateless" users, mine is the one with a Joshua Tree Avatar.

And what if you're already on your friends list? ;)

DSix

Banned
Quick somebody tell me if I should buy Binary Domain or not.

I already got batman and alan wake for a lesser price, do you think Binary Domain is worth as much?

ImRight

200 dollars for the WEEK?

you're good man. you can eat ramen while you game.

Did i say week.... >.< i meant fortnight So its soughta More concerning than that eheheh....... How do i put a strikeout through that for editing?

But on a serious note im about to Push Purchase on the paypal page right now its happening.... i dont care if im in a cardboard box With those speakers... Its happening.....These Speakers r [D3Refrence]GLORIOUS[/D3Refrence] and im sick of not getting the impact of the sound element from my games......

Also im in Oz'stralia.... So i think its mi Goreng for me :D i dunno if i ever seen ramen in the stores?

goober

I already got batman and alan wake for a lesser price, do you think Binary Domain is worth as much?

It's going to be $10 on amazon. idk when though.

if you have a backlog, you can wait. if not, then go for it!

Hawk269

And what if you're already on your friends list? ;)

There will be a bonus for you then. Since you asked, my plan is this. Sometime before the end of the sale, I will be doing my 3rd giveaway of games for Gaf Members, but this one will be restricted to Gaf Members on my Friends List.

While I love all of you here, need to reward people on the friends list too, not just people on Gaf only...Funny thing is that 2 out of my 20 Friends on my list are from Gaf!!!

Danielsan

Well it's not the cheapest it has ever been, but Binary Domain is an excellent game. Well worth the money.

Dont, the game has been way cheaper in other stores, it will probably be sub $10 in the coming months.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dungeon Defenders DLC bought. Already owned a little bit of it.

Edit: And Shoot Many Robots, too. It's cheap enough.

Is there any reason to get GTA IV base if all I want are the Episodes? (Heard too many bad things about Nico's game.) Can you use mods with Episodes?

There will be a bonus for you then. Since you asked, my plan is this. Sometime before the end of the sale, I will be doing my 3rd giveaway of games for Gaf Members, but this one will be restricted to Gaf Members on my Friends List.

While I love all of you here, need to reward people on the friends list too, not just people on Gaf only...Funny thing is that 2 out of my 20 Friends on my list are from Gaf!!!

Already played Renegade Ops? I still didnt find the time to play all the Games I bought *lol*

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Nice, adding you now! :)

Hawk269

Just relized that Shoot Many Robots and Sanctum have a 4 Pack. Which one is better? I plan to do my 3rd GAF Giveaway with one of these games, so what say you Gaf?

BTW...This will be an open Giveaway to any Gaf members. The one I will run for Gaf Members that are also on my Friends List will be something more tangible.

Is Metro 2033 ever cheaper than $5?

And hoping for FC2 for mad cheap!

it never went below $5.00

oh i purchased train simulator 3 for 3.49 but i thought i could buy the dlc for Haulin' USA Pack separately... i checked the individual price for each dlc and i regret buying the regular version =\

Is it just me or has everything sucked ass today? All the daily deals, all the flash deals have been mediocre. Guess if Torchlight wins this next community vote I'll buy it, but otherwise today has been a major letdown.

Really wish Shank 2 or BG&E would go up for a daily or flash deal.

feel

It depends if you plan to play it soon, or if it will be in your backlog for a while while better deals come and go. The game itself is a must have and this is a great price for it, after blind buying it for $10 dollars on Amazon because of GAF hype, and while halfway through it, I went and bought a second copy to gift a friend because I felt like $10 was too little for it, specially being a somewhat new game.

Just relized that Shoot Many Robots and Sanctum have a 4 Pack. Which one is better? I plan to do my 3rd GAF Giveaway with one of these games, so what say you Gaf?

BTW...This will be an open Giveaway to any Gaf members. The one I will run for Gaf Members that are also on my Friends List will be something more tangible.

I didnt play Shoot Many Robots, but played Sanctum quite a bit.
It was great.

The downside of Shoot Many Robots for the PC seems to be: "No gamepad support" and "No local Coop".

Guess both are good in their own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom