• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been an avid console gamer until now, only using my PC for WOW, but with this sale I've been picking up a few titles I've seen talk of here. What should I be looking out for in this sale Gaf? Any recommendations?

I've bought:

Left 4 Dead 2
Portal 2
Mirror's Edge
Cave Story+
Frozen Synapse
Orcs Must Die

Razek

Banned
Don't you people have Skyrim? Why would you want to go back? They are the same game (for better or worse) only Skyrim has UI improvements and is prettier.

I put in ~500 hours of oblivion in the ps3 version. I put ~100 into skyrim on PC. I had more fun modding and looking around on skyrim than playing. I prefer oblivion's magic system by far and quests. Most of the crappy issues are actually fixed through mods (from what I have heard, I enjoyed the ps3 version just fine without any) unlike skyrim which STILL doesn't have a de-level mod. I was so hyped for skyrim, but in the end I was kidding myself. I had way more fun with oblivion and am craving another go with my gaming rig this time.

Abso-fucking-lutely this. Oblivion + KOTN + SI for $5? Yes please. In fact, do it for Morrowind, too.

WE HAVE TO GO BACK, KATE!

Seriously, though, mods.

You have the idea!

Kronic

Neo Member
Is there any way to search for games by percentage off or any sites/ways that would compile a list? Chances are games won't be more than 75% off and I'd like to compile a list to watch until the last day.

DaBuddaDa

Voting for Oblivion simply because I have no clue what happened to my box and discs and I'd like to have a cheap digital copy out there somewhere.

1-D_FTW

The Binary Domain product page still shows the Flash discount with 52 minutes left.

My front page still has it for 52 minutes.

You guys are all experiencing a glitch in the Matrix.

EDIT: Actually that looks pretty interesting. Although Bohemia is definitely trolling with choosing that.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
For any Swedish people thinking of picking up Rage: It's 49 SEK at Siba.se with free shipping (or you could pick it up at a store, I suppose).

Does the physical PC version activate on Steam?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
HOLY SHIT, just when I thought I was done spending the whole GTA franchise comes for 10 bucks. SOLD... once again :(

But it is an absolute steal tho, best deal so far

ImRight

Do most of you guys feed your computer out to a bigger TV? Thinking about setting that up this weekend.

E2: Having the Superior Graphics of a PC on a Big Screen is a Great Experiance, ....... Especially when you come from console gaming... :D

Soughta Depends what game im playing.... Anything that i can/should use gamepad with, that will look awsome on my 42" ends up on it.... anything that is Kb/m or that is fast paced....My Pc monitor, Cause its 27 Inches's of tru 120hz Gaming Pleasure :D, Fps Games just Look Great on it.....Mind u ive been playing pretty much everything on my Pc monitor lately Cause Something (a mouse?) Chewd Thru my 5m Hdmi Cable..... >.<

Edit: FFS why do quotes that i decide against posting keep getting double up when i Go back in browser lol..... What is the appropriate way to not post if u decide to not use a quote u were going to??!! :D

Yeah for the flash deals I'm seeing:

- Dungeon Defenders
- Take on Helicopters
- Shoot Many Robots
- Duke Nukem Forever

ToH is also showing 5 days, 16 hours too. Yeah....

feel

Do most of you guys feed your computer out to a bigger TV? Thinking about setting that up this weekend.
I have the pc hooked up to both a monitor (displayport) and a big HDTV (hdmi), I switch between them with Windows+P depending on the game. It's awesome to chill back on the couch with a wireless xbox controller in some games, specially third person ones. My current setup makes me regret not jumping into PC gaming sooner considering I have the option to switch to "comfy console mode" fast and seamlessly (with much better visuals).

DSix

Banned
Binary Domain got back on the main page.

I'm really on the fence on this one, it's more expensive than my usual sale budget, and I got both batman and alan wake for a lesser price, is it worth as much as those?

Hawk269

Yes. My gaming rig is hooked up to my Sony 55" XBR-929 and it is amazing. Only drawback are that some games dont have a way to adjust the font size, so that can be a problem at times, but not too much.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm back! Time tooo buuuuuuy

~Kinggi~

Banned
Its a longshot but im actually interested in these Midnight Mysteries games. Hope it goes 75% off but i never see them on sale. I love point and clickers and spooky atmospheres. Seems like they could be great games for October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom