• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

VandalD

How is Dungeon Defenders? Is it like Orcs Must Die? It's going to take me a long time to beat Orcs Must Die, so I don't need another similar game.
They're a little similar. DD has many more RPG elements and multiplayer, while OMD controls a lot smoother and is a FAR better single player game. Don't get Dungeon Defenders unless you have friends to play it with.

Welp, can I get by with just the base pack of Company of Heroes? I'd hate to buy it and find out 90% of players are on the DLC content.

Was into StarCraft 2 a lot, heard this is good. Would like to see what FarOfWar was on about.

I would do at least the first DLC for that price, since it adds two more teams to play with. The other one is standalone and won't have much effect I think. Don't know how active the game is online though.

LM4sure

Banned
What? Episodes from Liberty City does not require GTA IV to play?! Fuuuuuuuuu...I might haev to buy this, and I didn't even like GTA IV!

legend166

Stupid GMG telling me I've already bought UFO Aftermath when it's clearly not in my games list. I want 20% off for The Last Remnant ;_;

I would get the whole shabang, dude, MP with the DLC packs is likely where it's at considering they've been out years now.
Yeah it's just kind of a big investment for something I might not like at all.
I would do at least the first DLC for that price, since it adds two more teams to play with. The other one is standalone and won't have much effect I think. Don't know how active the game is online though.
That sounds like a better plan to me! I can get the last DLC if I really like it.

marrec

Banned
Seriously, Dungeon Defenders is the slowest playing Multiplayer game ever. I did not enjoy it in the least. Even the RPG elements are poorly implamented.

LM4sure

Banned
Its solely why I went in on it. GTAIV is one of the most disappointing titles, but I really wanted to try Ballad of Gay Tony.

I didn't like GTA IV either. I hated it from the get-go. I think it took some time for most people to catch on.

Have you played Ballad of Gay Tony yet? If so, do you like it?

ImRight

Hmmm, was gonna ask if i should vote for Far cry or Torchlight i think i want both after having a look at em.....However farcry is already only $6.70.... So i guess ill vote for torchlight unless someone has any reason not to......should probably just wait untill Torchlight 2 come out n Goes on special tho......

Decisions Decisions!!!

Hmmm, was gonna ask if i should vote for Far cry or Torchlight i think i want both after having a look at em.....However farcry is already only $6.70.... So i guess ill vote for torchlight unless someone has any reason not to......should probably just wait untill Torchlight 2 come out n Goes on special tho......

Decisions Decisions!!!
Vote Far Cry 2. If you want Torchlight just get Torchlight 2 which comes with the original as a preorder bonus.

Decisions Decisions!!!

Torchlight was at %80 sale last year, I assume it'll see the same amount this year.

My ISP probably hates me at the moment. I mean not only am I downloading more because of the sale, I'm also downloading more because I recently reformatted my PC and I'm redownloading a lot of things from my Steam library. Not everything, just the ones I definitely want, and they happen to be the largest. No doubt my mother's partner will also ask me why download usage has shot up tenfold at some point. We're on "Unlimited", but you know...

Oh well, off I go to start The Last Remnant download.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
LOL, I'm going to end up rebuying games I've already beaten long ago. I already bought gta3 and Bad Company 2. Now, I'm looking at rebuying Oblivion (never played it on PC), and the Doom 3 pack when it goes on sale (never played it on PC, either).

Bricky

Voted Far Cry 2, because I already have the other two and I need to buy moar games. It´s like collecting pokémon, only it costs lotsa money and Valve always wins the battle.

But since I've nothing better to do, I'm gonna do a giveaway of something that's been sitting in my inventory for far to long! First to reply the name of the cheapest game on steam atm gets a Counter Strike GO Beta Invite!

E: DLC doesn't count :p

vid

I threw this together earlier because of the sheet number of people ignoring The Golden Rule this year...

dailydeals.jpg

Watching videos, and then the ruckus here, I thought for sure Krater would win. Was completely ready to dive into it tonight. Probably will still pick it up at the end of the sale period if it doesn't hit a daily or flash sale.

Stitch

Gold Member
Wait what? I have a 560 Ti Twin Frozr OC and I'm running the game at Max without a hitch. What problems have you been hitting?

The game is weird. It runs great on some PCs and not great on other PCs. Look at some forums, there are huge threads about the weird performance. Even weirder is that it was running ok on my PC (also a 560 ti) and after the last patch is runs like poop most of the time...

Its a much better port than 2 but still kinda mediocre.

pramath

Banned
I'm thinking about Black Ops, but it's going to be discounted deeper once Black Ops II hits. I'm confident of that.

This is not going to happen.
I don't recall Call of Duty games going for less than $40 in recent years (then again, I haven't paid much attention to Call of Duty on the PC in recent years either).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom