• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys.

Sell me on JC2.

Go.

(Or just tell me it's a shooter and I'll move along)
It's open world, sandbox, destruction, mayhem, and mods. Just Cause.

Yawn, JC2 has been on sale for $2.50 at Amazon repeatedly over the past year and people are still excited over this flash deal?
Picked it up from Amazon too for $2.49. Still worth it at $3.74.

You still need to buy them using in game money and they disappear when you die.

But you should mod the hell of it so it isn't a problem. The rocket parachute is neat, the weapons are eh and the vehicles are okay.
Thanks. DLC doesn't seem that great then. Mods it is!
I was looking for JC2 but damn.. 5€ here, it's like 7,50$, why that different prices??
Regional pricing.

Between the Bombcast discussion on movies on TV and just finishing Back to the Future the Game, I'm so watching the Back to the Future trilogy this weekend. I only remember the first and I'm pretty sure I only ever watched it on network TV.

And also Die Hard, for similar reasons.

TheChits

126331_o.gif

Quoted for emphasis

AlexBasch

I remember buying this from Amazon for $2.49 with all DLC.

I didn't had a capable computer back then, everybody get on this game pronto. :D

alba

Little is the new Big

US pricing is $3.74. Use this link to see the US pricing on the store. I'm guessing 4.99 is the Australian pricing? Someone pointed out in the thread already but use country code in ?cc=xx us/au in your case and you'll see.

Use the gifting system people! It's awesome ;)

Katoki

Nah it was on sale for me, I think i just got screwd over for being an Aussie Buyer :p

Jc2 was $4.99 here

Dlc's = $2.17....18 now?, e: No wait im an idiot it was 17...... need sleep now obviously whens the next lot of Sale changeovers? Gotta set an alarm

Odd how the base game's price is different yet the DLC matches us. Then again, not real odd since it's pocket change.

Dingotech

1. Buy Just Cause 2.
2. Download mod to remove Black Market delivery cut-scenes.
3. Download mod to reduce Black Market prices.
4. Download the "Non-Psychic Enemies" mod.
5. Enjoy the best damn explosive sandbox game ever made.

I've had Just Cause 2 for ages, but I love the sound of the mods you suggest above!!

The Black Market cut scenes and the prices are very frustrating!

US pricing is $3.74. Use this link to see the US pricing on the store. I'm guessing 4.99 is the Australian pricing? Someone pointed out in the thread already but use country code in ?cc=xx us/au in your case and you'll see.

Use the gifting system people! It's awesome ;)

Thanks. I thought my steam app was using the US store. O_O
I wonder why they chose Australia. Maybe proximity.

Levyne

Banned
Also in JC2 there seems to.be no point to killing enemies. Kklling dudes just spawns more dudes to kill. Whenever I'm taking out a military area, the more I kill the more likely I am to be overrun. Better to just skirt most and just kill the ones in the way.

I only see a no psychic cops mod, not enemies.
Thats it - was posting from (imperfect) memory.

Black Market delivery cut-scenes are too long, the prices are way too high, and sometimes enemies will keep coming forever. With these mods your gameplay is seamless, the prices are reasonable, and you can get away with stealth and hit-and-run attacks better.

I don't consider any of them to be cheats as much as fixes. All for gripes I had while playing the console version that I could actually correct on PC.

Now, if you're more about flying and making nukes fire out of your sniper rifle, go to town - there are plenty of other mods for that stuff.

JC is worth $3.75 but not any more. Yes, it has a few fun things you can do in a sandbox kind of way.

But let us stop pretending it is in any way a good game worth playing. You will boot it up, muck around for 10 minutes and never touch it again.

Sorry, but the truth has been told.

Salsa

If you don't mind, what movie is that from?

season premiere of breaking bad and i'd be super pissed if I hadnt seen it already. GAF goes nut with spoiler gifs :/

no, your opinion's been told and you're clearly in a minority, I played the game for hours till completion and enjoyed it every second.

Why would people recommend a game if they dont enjoy it? how can you say that "fuckin around for 10 minutes and never touch it again" is the "truth" if everyone's saying otherwise?

Yeah the only reason I took that bundle is because I had none of the 5.

It should be okay to wait. Personally I don't think it'll go lower though.
Me too. I had nothing in that bundle either. Heard good things about Audio Surf and Gemini Rue.
I don't think it'll go any lower either.

ImRight

You still need to buy them using in game money and they disappear when you die.

But you should mod the hell of it so it isn't a problem. The rocket parachute is neat, the weapons are eh and the vehicles are okay.

Really curious as to how the Dlc/Modded stuff works in Multiplayer? i mean what if some dude is just using crazy mods and is undefeatable?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Also in JC2 there seems to.be no point to killing enemies. Kklling dudes just spawns more dudes to kill. Whenever I'm taking out a military area, the more I kill the more likely I am to be overrun. Better to just skirt most and just kill the ones in the way.

Yeah run and gun is the way to go. I find it also helps to soften the ground forces with a helicopter or jet first.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
JC is worth $3.75 but not any more. Yes, it has a few fun things you can do in a sandbox kind of way.

But let us stop pretending it is in any way a good game worth playing. You will boot it up, muck around for 10 minutes and never touch it again.

Explain why I played it through and enjoyed it then?

Could it possibly be that different people have different tastes?

No, that couldn't be it. Any other ideas?

Explain why I played it through and enjoyed it then?

Could it possibly be that different people have different tastes?

No, that couldn't be it. Any other ideas?

Yes you can have different tastes and offer an opinion. I've done mine. It doesn't have to upset you.

Salsa

Just wondering how exactly that gif Spoils anything?? u dun c much?

walter white has a robber's mask so he's clearly doing some kind of criminal activty? there's people who avoid finding out that kinda stuff and there's no reason not to respect it

not saying it's the worst spoiler ever of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom