• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
RUN WITH ME ON THIS, GAF.......

Who would be into getting a game of UT 2k4 or UT going tonight? For nostalgia's sake. I'm kind of into the idea.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Shenanigans!!

KWApc.png

Give us all three, then!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Maybe we'll get 75% off a Torchlight 2 preorder?

Or maybe I should stop being a cheapskate and just buy that game, since it's the real Diablo III anyway.

Dacvak

I wasn't going to buy any of the three, so I guess it doesn't matter to me. But I suppose I would have preferred FC2.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I wasn't going to buy any of the three, so I guess it doesn't matter to me. But I suppose I would have preferred FC2.

Far Cry 2 is the worst game purchase I've ever made, and I say this as someone who bought State of Emergency for full price.

oipic

Bummer, I would've picked up Far Cry 2 if it had won (never got around to playing it). Still, definitely can't begrudge anyone their first Torchlight experience.

When you plug the controller in, ignore everything and go to the driver section. You have to do this with any bluetooth adapter or dual shock 3 you want to work with Motionjoy. Only 1 time though. In driver manager you should see at least 1 USB device listed which should be your DS3. I have my BT so it shows that and my DS3. Click the check box and only hit LOAD DRIVER. Give it a minute as it looks like it freezes but its working. From there, close the app all the way, plug your DS3 in, then open DS3 Tool. You should see it connected via USB. Then click on the 360 pad selection bubble and hit enable. You now have a 360 pad. I can talk you through this via Steam if you want.

I've actually done all that. The driver loads successfully, and it still says Waiting for controller to be detected.

Ledsen

Far Cry 2 is the worst game purchase I've ever made, and I say this as someone who bought State of Emergency for full price.

Imo: One of the best fps games ever made, one of the only ones with full freedom to plan and execute missions just how you want them. Also stands with the likes of Metroid Prime as far as atmosphere goes. How much did you play?

biocat

Maybe people wanted to test the waters before they made the plunge on the sequel???

How everyone does not already own this game already is mystifying to me.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I searched for psychic on that JC2 mod site and returned 0 results..wtf

Thanks though..time to figure out how to install.

Site's a little janky, yeah. I had never heard about this mod before this. I've been using a trainer that gets you unlimited health and ammo and just fuck shit up, but only sometimes (I think it's called the Bolo trainer).

Bumpetty bumpetty bump?

Hmm... that's weird... I'm partially on a Mac (parents' computer on occasional weekends) and no other game I posses on steam (of which there are quite lot) do I have listed twice on my library... Oh well, guess now I know. ^^

Also, yay for Torchlight (as I actually voted for it!).

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Far Cry 2 isn't bad. For the first few hours you have to deal with a lot of poor design decisions, but as soon as you pass that stage the game becomes really rewarding. The game doesn't make a good first impression, but you just need to stick with it. I enjoyed it a lot.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
How does everyone not own Torchlight already? Its had tons of deals. I sort of expected Oblivion to run home with it thanks to name recognization like every other community sale so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom