• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Me too. I had nothing in that bundle either. Heard good things about Audio Surf and Gemini Rue.
I don't think it'll go any lower either.

I had 3 out of 5 games in the bundle, so I'm hoping for a 75~80% flash/daily/community sale. Highly unlikely, but I'll just pick it on the last day if that doesn't happen.

Sarcasm

Dicking around in JC2 is whats fun. Majority of the missions are the same but I typically onyl do a few than go dick around lol.

So... just got the GTA pack, and I seem to have 2 GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas on my library... what's that about and where else can I "use" or reclaim these games?

JC is worth $3.75 but not any more. Yes, it has a few fun things you can do in a sandbox kind of way.

But let us stop pretending it is in any way a good game worth playing. You will boot it up, muck around for 10 minutes and never touch it again.

Sorry, but the truth has been told.
#1 in 2010 GAF's top underappreciated Games of the Year too.

So, yeah. And stuff.

Which graphical mods are recommended, if any?
The game is gorgeous and runs like a dream on PC. But there are some pretty cool cloud and sky mods, and some decent vehicle skins.

Decided to take a chance with RAGE. About an hour in and i'm really enjoying it so far. Better than I expected.

Had Rage on 360. It was a very well told game that had I gotten in a different time of year I might have kept. Should've kept it to finish it, I was just super pissed at not having multiplayer battles.

inky

Just wondering how exactly that gif Spoils anything?? u dun c much?

Some people on GAF that go on "media blackouts" and avoid material of any sort freak out about the littlest of things. Sometimes it's artwork, sometimes it's media the companies release themselves (like images, teasers, etc.) but rest assured someone, somewhere will consider 2 seconds of anything from which they can infer whatever to be HUGE spoilers.

BadAss2961

I've had Just Cause 2 for ages, but I love the sound of the mods you suggest above!!

The Black Market cut scenes and the prices are very frustrating!
The dumbest thing about JC2 is how much it focuses on over-the-top action, yet you're always in need of ammo.

JC is worth $3.75 but not any more. Yes, it has a few fun things you can do in a sandbox kind of way.

But let us stop pretending it is in any way a good game worth playing. You will boot it up, muck around for 10 minutes and never touch it again.

7AcFv.jpg

I'm still having fun. Just a fluke, I guess.

Yes and what is in the OP there pretty much agrees with what I said.

I see no mention of dropping it after under an hour. Or of it being a bad game. So I'd say it pretty much disagrees.

I'm probably getting trolled, but whatever.

bonesquad

Just wondering how exactly that gif Spoils anything?? u dun c much?

The breaking Bad Crowd is a sensitive bunch...as I learned earlier today:)

I really need to buy more. So far my purchases just include Legend of Grimrock (which is excellent), KOTOR (yes, I never played this before and when I realized Dear Esther was no Journey I bought this instead), and the Isaac DLC (even though I never really got into the original). I'm not sure what I'm waiting for either. Hmm.

KuroNeeko

ImRight said:
Well that would work if you went back and edited ur post to state thats what you thought rather than Stating that that is the truth for EVERYONE else?

toddhunter said:
True, but in this case my opinion just happens to be correct, so it is ok

[DARK KNIGHT]This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.[DARK KNIGHT]

I see the butthurt is strong in you

Just going to throw this out there, but you're destined for a frustrating, short existence on this forum if you expect everyone to post in a manner that suits your tastes.

Some people on GAF that go on "media blackouts" and avoid material of any sort freak out about the littlest of things. Sometimes it's artwork, sometimes it's media the companies release themselves (like images, teasers, etc.) but rest assured someone, somewhere will consider 2 seconds of anything from which they can infer whatever to be HUGE spoilers.

I go on blackouts for dramatic shows like this. I wait until the whole season is done and watch it at once. I'm not really pissed at that gif or anything, but I would have preferred it not be here. A lot of people don't know where to draw the line with spoilers, so I'd rather that stuff just not get posted at all so we avoid the "I didn't think it was a big deal 'cause I've seen other people post gifs from previous episodes" moments.

Last season someone posted a gif of the ending of the season. You know. The money shot. In a completely unrelated thread. People can be fucking stupid sometimes.

I just wanted to thank firehead, wilflare and I H8 Memes for their help and awesome work ;)

Thanks to them my Steam haul is bigger and greater than a few days ago :D

ImRight

[DARK KNIGHT]This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.[DARK KNIGHT]

Just going to throw this out there, but you're destined for a frustrating, short existence on this forum if you expect everyone to post in a manner that suits your tastes.

You talking to me dude? idgaf about that post or that opinion and there entitled to it, and i dont care if somone wants to infer their opinion is correct,

But i do care when they State it is correct and a fact, but as you see that is the point were i abandon the argument as it's either a troll or someone who is full on Conceited.....

No frustration watsoever......... just my opinion up to the point were it becomes a internet tough guy convention

Edit: And yes i know this sounds like a Rage/Attack but ive been up for 22 hours now and im tired and in a very passive agressive mood, given 3 or 4 hours sleep it would have been much less.........Hostile? My apologies,

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Oh man, I just saw the Unreal pack for $10. That's a freaking steal. Though it's a shame no one plays on the UT3 servers, anymore. I actually really enjoyed UT3.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

You are so wrong it hurts. I put over 50 hours into the game on 360. And over 10 on PC which I bought a couple weeks ago from GG.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Are there any worthy mods besides the multiplayer mod?

Dacvak

Unreal deal pack.

Yay or nay?

I remember playing the shit out of Unreal Tournament and Unreal Tournament 2003 ( which isnt on Steam :( )

Absolutely get the pack. Every game has something to offer. 2k4 is the best and most popular, but I love UT3 (despite all the hate for it). For $10, you really can't go wrong. Grab the pack.

biocat

I didn't understand this either, why mask it as indie lol
Seriously.

Just... just go with it. Some questions have no answers. And indie or not, it's an awesome game and well worth your lunch money of $5 and change.
It's not that.I already own the Japanese pc version of Origin and PSP version of Oath. It's just that, as a 20+ year fan of the series, I am a little pissed Ys got labeled as an indie title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom