• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Aww. I already bought Hot Pursuit during that Amazon sale. No point double-dipping just to track hours now.

But really, what do you guys want my vote for? Quote please, I don't care about this vote either.

Hot Pursuit please.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
All 3 are fun. TDU2 for open world. Driver SF for awesome story and fun missions. Hot Pursuit for the Criterion touch.

How are the PC ports for all 3 though? I played them all on X360.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Different games do it differently, you can't know without googling :/

Edit: what i meant to say was downloading Game Save Manager to back up your saves :)

Thanks again for that. This program is fantastic.

Smash88

Banned
Driver San Francisco is fantastic

I voted for Hot Pursuit since it's also fantastic and SF was recently on sale though.

How is the game good Salsa? I bought it and the only redeeming feature is the switch drivers. But the world is plain, the graphics are garbage, and the game is just so dry, I might as well send it to the Sahara desert.

ALSO IF YOU VOTE DRIVER YOU ARE VOTING FOR UBISOFTS DRM! YOU ARE THE PLAGUE!

Katoki

From past experience, I say TDU2 will win because it's anti-GAF. If not then Driver is going to win because of the AVERAGE STEAM USER.

Orcs Must Die 2 with the pre-order bonus 10% off being in the top 20 kind of shows how underwhelming the past two days have been.

That or during a Steam sale is a surprisingly good time to release your game on Steam.

Dacvak

Fuck Driver.

Every Driver game I've ever played has been terrible. I usually trust GAF, but this time I just have to go with my own personal history - every other Driver game has sucked, so why would this one be any different?

I also really, really want a new, solid racing game on my PC. I'd even take Burnout or something. NFS:HP definitely hits the mark, though.

NFS HP should have been replaced with Burnout Paradise though. Mind as well put best Criterion on there.

Yeah, agreed.

inky

IF YOU VOTE FOR SAN FRANCISCO YOU ARE VOTING FOR UPLAY! VOTE HOT PURSUIT!

Sorry, i really want this game.

And vote for EA instead? LOL, No. I'd rather vote for Shitty TDU2 in that case. At least I got a hilarious Quicklook out of that one.

FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T VOTE TDU2! Bought it originally on 360 when it first released. One of the most horrible handling driving games I've ever played. Not to mention the insipid story, mediocre visuals, and horrible menus. Avoid at all costs!

Now with that being said, I voted for Driver because I already have Hot Pursuit on Origin. :3

Jimrpg

im really conflicted... i just bought the retina macbook

and all these steam games are so cheap like under $5

but i have all of them already on PS3/360 hot pursuit, just cause 2, oblivion to name a few.... id rather not spend the money and just turn on my ps3 but its just...... $5.....

would i normally throw $20 down the drain? probably not. sigh!

Dacvak

You know, I'll be honest. It doesn't matter at all what "GAF" votes for. We've all collectively voted for things that have lost in a landslide before. Really, our votes probably don't matter.

Sorry for using the F word. Vote as you like. =P

zkylon

zkylewd
Hope Driver wins, I don't like racing games so the idea of a fun crazy singleplayer mission-based story sounds great to me.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Actually I wouldn't mind TDU2 to see how Hawaii Hawaii is in that game.

TDU2's world is pretty big. And there's 2 islands in the game, tons of gameplay if you like open world. Might be considered tedious for some but it's huge

neoemonk

The Idle Thumbs guys love Far Cry 2. I never played it but they always talk about it. I'm surprised to hear all the hate. Is it just a big Idle Thumbs inside joke or something?

Dacvak

im really conflicted... i just bought the retina macbook

and all these steam games are so cheap like under $5

but i have all of them already on PS3/360 hot pursuit, just cause 2, oblivion to name a few.... id rather not spend the money and just turn on my ps3 but its just...... $5.....

would i normally throw $20 down the drain? probably not. sigh!

Hey, I just bought the retina macbook, too. Assuming you got the 15" one (at 2.6ghz), it's fantastic at handling games. Been playing Saints Row 3 and Crysis 2 at 60fps on their respective high settings. As long as you have Windows installed, you should absolutely be buying games for your new machine - it's a freaking beast!

Katoki

TDU2's world is pretty big. And there's 2 islands in the game, tons of gameplay if you like open world. Might be considered tedious for some but it's huge

Well if it wins then I'll check it out. If it doesn't win I save a few bucks. Win-win.

Although I have a pretty good feeling the two islands are the outer islands so I won't recognize squat.

Salsa

Fuck Driver.

Every Driver game I've ever played has been terrible. I usually trust GAF, but this time I just have to go with my own personal history - every other Driver game has sucked, so why would this one be any different?

edit: well since it's the first post in the page, might as well add this title to the post

Regarding Driver: San Francisco

It's a completely different game with a whole new set of mechanics that completely change the game from what driver has been before. It also has superb, actually funny writing and a nice story that never takes itself too seriously.

The idea of "pulling out" of your drivers conciousness and possesing any other car in the cty in real time is amazingly well pulled off. There are a lot of variations to the mechanic encouraged by different instances (possesing other cars on the opposite direction to crash your opponents, having to destroy a particular car by getting a heavy one and crashing it, having to race with many cars at once, trying to come out both first and second in a single race).

Each character you posses in one of the missions or side missions is a person with a different personality and in a different situation that has its own story, so you basically go around in many different tid bits of story from different character's perspectives wich generates the good writing I was talking about (the dialogues are fantastic), and in main story missions gives you a good perspective on what's going on with the story from different perspectives, not just your main character's.

It's great, great stuff and since day 1 it was pretty damn clear that it has barely anything to do with any other Driver game.

I get your point, I also hate every single Driver game (yes even the first one, hate me all you want) but this one blew me away. If you dont believe me just gather general opinion through reviews and whatnot, it was really succesfull critically, even if it didnt sold much.

what im saying is: I know you want Hot Pursuit, but if Driver wins: buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom