• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Are game savefiles saved in Steam/steamapps/common/*game title*? Or somewhere else entirely?

I'm trying to figure out an easy way to transfer my games from external hard drive to SSD without losing save data.

Ledsen

Are game savefiles saved in Steam/steamapps/common/*game title*? Or somewhere else entirely?

I'm trying to figure out an easy way to transfer my games from external hard drive to SSD without losing save data.

Different games do it differently, you can't know without googling :/

Edit: what i meant to say was downloading Game Save Manager to back up your saves :)

KarmaCow

It depends on the game. Try in the My Documents and the Steam/userdata as well and check what's in there.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Different games do it differently, you can't know without googling :/

Edit: what i meant to say was downloading Game Save Manager to back up your saves :)

Cool, I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Ledsen

Why does GAF seem to hate it? It has good reviews.
People are impatient and stop before seeing the brilliance. Far Cry 2 was my GOTY 2008 along with Fallout 3, but it demands a lot from the player, including being able to overlook the sometimes annoying flaws.

Dacvak

how many times does torchlight need to be $5?

pretty annoying...

are these community votes rigged?

Wouldn't surprise me. =P

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, I wanted Oblivion, mainly because my retail disc is near broken and £5 for the game + all DLC was tempting. I own Torchlight and Far Cry 2 as well, so a bit of a bad vote for me really.

Ah well, next!

On a side note, I replaced my 1TB Steam storage drive with a shiny new 3TB Seagate Barracuda. Aside from taking 12 hours to defrag after cloning the drive, it's pretty quick. First thing I done after that was download 60GB of games I had culled due to a lack of space.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
PLEASE VOTE HOT PURSUIT!

Test Drive Unlimited is utter garbage from all the gameplay and reviews I've seen.

No, please don't vote for that, you should've bought that long ago!

I own TDU2 and Hot Pursuit but not Driver, however I know that it wont win, bah.

trinest

Voted driver. The new flash deals are meh as well.

I havn't bought anything in the sale for ages. Common put up some good stuff or stuff I don't have no more bloody repeats.

Katoki

Aww. I already bought Hot Pursuit during that Amazon sale. No point double-dipping just to track hours now.

But really, what do you guys want my vote for? Quote please, I don't care about this vote either.

Dacvak

Ok for god's sake, we're all voting for HOT PURSUIT, right?

Please vote for Hot Pursuit. The other games are garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom