• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I loaded up my indie sales I got yesterday-and played Legend of Grimrock first.....didnt get to sleep until 3am... thanks summer steam sale!

If anyone is on the fence about this title it deserves your money at $9.00

linkent

Reposting for those where it's day time before I go to sleep:

LastRemnant1.jpg

Guys, The Last Remnant is $8.99 over at Green Man Gaming. Buy this if you have any interest in RPGs at all. It's probably the best RPG Square Enix has done in a long time. Play it for the great battle system (turn-based) and fuckawesome music. The story is not why you should be playing this, but it does have its moments. Also, no random battles for those whose panties get in a twist over that.

The PC version is so godly compared to the bad 360 version. Lots of tweaks, improvements, and so on. The best one being a Turbo feature that doubles the speed of battles.

And, yes, it will activate on Steam!

The game that will get you the 20% off voucher: UFO: Aftermath

Thanks for sharing! getting it now!

I'm really FUCKING mad about the spoilers. So mad that my phone autocorrects fucking to caps.

For the love of god Haven, please make this day worth it that I woke up this morning

Is it safe again?

Anyways, been playing a lot of Max Payne 3 since I got it on sale - even though I've finished the first disc on 360 beforehand - and it's pretty fucking awesome, as it is on 360.

Can't wait to dig into it some more.

What was the spoiler about? I need to know.

TKDR.

Gibbo

just putting a word in for company of heroes. u owe it to yourself to buy the gold pack at the very least. i completed it twice during the year it was released.. and still double dipped yesterday. one of the finest rts in the last 10 years

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks for the link to the JC2 mods, guys. Never knew there were mods for the game. Time to have some fun!

Make use of the "Massive Ammo" mod. It's not cheating when you consider the fact that the game throws money at you and the mod is simply a convenience insofar that you needn't punctuate your playthrough with ammo purchasing.

Milamber

Make use of the "Massive Ammo" mod. It's not cheating when you consider the fact that the game throws money at you and the mod is simply a convenience insofar that you needn't punctuate your playthrough with ammo purchasing.

Never did use those mods. Do they disable achievements?

Played a bit of Binary Domain last night, it was a blast so far. Seems the further I get the more the game picks up. Glad I gave into the GAF hype and snagged it.

HoosTrax

Anomaly Warzone Earth - yay or nay?
It's a very polished indie reverse tower defense game. You decide which creeps to buy, how to arrange them, set a path for them to move along and use your abilities to help them destroy enemy structures. It's a bit arcadey, and doesn't have the depth of Defense Grid, but it's still pretty fun (I did the full campaign in about 9 hours, including some redos to improve my score on some maps).

ImRight

Still Got a Pre Order Copy of Torchlight 2 up For Grabs People, $15 USD Comes with TL 1 also, PM me... or add me on Steam

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ImRight

WELL im going to get 3-4 hours sleep before the new Deals hit people So wont be on for a bit....Still have th game tho so feel freee to add me......

I may Even Play a game tomorrow maybe BATMAN AA or soemthing similair

But u had to look anyway didnt you

Dude wtf? dont fucking repeate it...... E: Well i got a look at it unfortunatly, and its not what i thought i t would be..... But still u made me angry for at least 10 seconds.... not cool

Ah, it's so easy to wind people up right now.
Just put things that are decidedly not a spoiler in a spoiler box, such as "Batman is in the Batman movie"
and watch the salt get delivered to your door.

On topic: hearty recommendation for Just Cause 2, you'll most definitely get your money's worth out of that. The DLC is all horse armour, but it's also exceedingly cheap, so I'll leave deciding if it's worthwhile as an exercise for the viewer. Also, feel free to mod, it's a single player sandbox that works best when you're goofing off and blowing stuff up.

marrec

Banned
Geez, I'm glad I sleep. I don't know if I could have taken the crushing disappointment of yet another round of no Lego flash deals AND DKR spoilers.

That said, I finally bought all the Just Cause 2 DLC, cause I spend more when I want a quick snack on the way home from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom