• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So which one of you buttholes voted for Torchlight in the last poll. You could have gotten it for free with Torchlight 2, which by the way is a much better game.

Moving on... Anyone know if he Ys games might get another flash deal or possibly a daily deal? Ys Oath is only 5 bucks which is fine, but I would like for Origin to drop a little lower (11 bucks).

Lastly, anyone have any input on EYE Divine Cybermancy? It's on sale for 4 bucks and I'm a fan of cyberpunk games. Does it have a storyline or anything or is it just "go here shoot this?
"

bumping my post from a few pages back

marrec

Banned
Played a bit of Binary Domain last night, it was a blast so far. Seems the further I get the more the game picks up. Glad I gave into the GAF hype and snagged it.

It's as if the reviewers didn't actually play enough of the game to give it an accurate review.

But that's crazy talk.

The quality of the game rises steadily throughout until the end, glad to see someone else enjoying it.

marrec

Banned
bumping my post from a few pages back

E.Y.E is really fun if you can stand the Jank. I can, thus I had a pretty great time with it. The 'story' is very pulpy cyberpunk but enjoyable. Think of it like Deus Ex if it were made by the dudes who made STALKER after they'd just finished reading a China Melville book while hopped up on caffeine and lack of sleep.

It's plenty enjoyable for 4 dollars. IF you can stand the jank.

Bradach

just watched a review of Driver SF and it actually looks really good. It might be a final day smash and grab if it doesn't win the vote.

sazzy

I am utterly, seriously destroyed. Still cant believe it, this just ruined everything for me.

Gonna go sleep since I couldnt even post about something else now and I dont wanna derail. Carry on.

well if you keep overreacting, you'll be giving more joy to the guy.

do you really think he cares about his gaf account?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
well if you keep overreacting, you'll be giving more joy to the guy.

do you really think he cares about his gaf account?

At least it wasn't a Prometheus spoiler.

Oh, wait, Lindelof himself spoiled the film, by rewriting it.

just watched a review of Driver SF and it actually looks really good. It might be a final day smash and grab if it doesn't win the vote.

As somebody who doesn't particularly care for the racing genre, I had a lot of fun with Driver: SF.

Played a bit of Binary Domain last night, it was a blast so far. Seems the further I get the more the game picks up. Glad I gave into the GAF hype and snagged it.

Great game

Unless absolutely necessary, avoid playing it like a cover shooter and run around hip firing, smashing things

As somebody who doesn't particularly care for the racing genre, I had a lot of fun with Driver: SF.

Is it more from the NFS school of racing? Burnout?

I've never played a Driver game before but the praise from Jeff during the Giant Bomb GOTY podcasts has me interested.

Time for my obligatory whats the 4th flash sale question since atleast one of the games isnt avaiable in my country every day.

You do realize that by not saying which ones are available in your region, anyone answering your question would either have to guess or just list all four, right?

Or just go to the Google doc listed in the OP.

Sweet! I've never bought a game on gog.com before - how is it?

And I've never played a Witcher game... is it worth playing both?

Sort of? The Witcher was good at the time, still decent now, but I don't think of it as a must play. Worth playing? Eh, I'd probably want to play it if I hadn't already, but most likely won't be playing it again.

JaseC

mPHBi.jpg

You have my sword vote, GAF.

JaseC

Is it more from the NFS school of racing? Burnout?

I've never played a Driver game before but the praise from Jeff during the Giant Bomb GOTY podcasts has me interested.

The classic races of the game are definitely old-school NFS, but there's a bit more to the game than simply gunning for first place. For instance, the core of the game is being able to "shift" into other cars, and one challenge type actually implores you to use this to take down street racers. It's immensely satisfying to "shift" into a large bus and smash it into an oncoming car that is, relatively speaking, an ant.

Ledsen

You do realize that by not saying which ones are available in your region, anyone answering your question would either have to guess or just list all four, right?

Or just go to the Google doc listed in the OP.
There's no link to the doc for me, it's just a banner. What's the adress?

For instance, the core of the game is being able to "shift" into other cars, and one challenge type actually implores you to use this to take down street racers.

The way he described it made it sound like a puzzle game with cars. Not as full-on puzzle as Portal is a FPS puzzle game, but that the shifting mechanic made for interesting problems to solve. Definitely intriguing so it gets my vote, thank you.

gdt

I'm considering Torchlight. Never played a Dialbo/loot game. Can't say I get excited over the prospect of managing endless loot.

JaseC

I'm considering Torchlight. Never played a Dialbo/loot game. Can't say I get excited over the prospect of managing endless loot.

Torchlight's pet system was made for you. Don't want junk? Have your pet run off and sell it, while you collect, well, more junk, and maybe even some uber-rares/uniques.

Sysgen

The classic races of the game are definitely old-school NFS, but there's a bit more to the game than simply gunning for first place. For instance, the core of the game is being able to "shift" into other cars, and one challenge type actually implores you to use this to take down street racers. It's immensely satisfying to "shift" into a large bus and smash it into an oncoming car that is, relatively speaking, an ant.

This is true and the driving is very satisfying, the drifting model is great and the game is tons of fun, however........ for the most part there is a heavy rubber band AI. So if you look at this at something to have a lot of fun with then go. Do not expect a serious racer from Driver. Though if you liked Midtown Madness you'll love this.

JaseC

This is true and the driving is very satisfying, the drifting model is great and the game is tons of fun, however........ for the most part there is a heavy rubber band AI. So if you look at this at something to have a lot of fun with then go. Do not expect a serious racer from Driver. Though if you liked Midtown Madness you'll love this.

Can't say I agree with this. My Shelby GT lasted me all the way up to the Lamborghini, and even when I did lose, regardless of the vehicle, I never felt it was because of rubber band AI, but rather an earlier mistake. All in all, I found the AI rather fair; it punishes (but not unfairly so, unless you really fuck up) racing faux pas but rewards good driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom