• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'm considering Torchlight. Never played a Dialbo/loot game. Can't say I get excited over the prospect of managing endless loot.

If you've got the cash, get Torchlight 2 for $20. It comes with Torchlight 1.

bigace33

Vote NFS, that game is awesome. Driver has the silliest story in a driving game I have ever seen. It's ok but I definitely don't get the GAF Hype/praise for that game.

bigace33

Oh god there were dkr spoilers? F whoever did that shit.

lol who doesn't know how this story is going to go? I mean, they are ripping this straight from a Batman story arc. Unless you are a non comic book reading fool, then you already know how this story goes. Even in the commercials you see the premise.

Vote NFS, that game is awesome. Driver has the silliest story in a driving game I have ever seen. It's ok but I definitely don't get the GAF Hype/praise for that game.

NFS is one of my favorite racing games released in years. Beat it twice and double dipped on it. But I can't praise it to much right now cause I want people to vote for Driver. So NFS is crap...ya that's right click on that Driver vote people

lol who doesn't know how this story is going to go? I mean, they are ripping this straight from a Batman story arc. Unless you are a non comic book reading fool, then you already know how this story goes. Even in the commercials you see the premise.

I am a man who knows little in life.

Such is my curse.

Ledsen

I'm considering Torchlight. Never played a Dialbo/loot game. Can't say I get excited over the prospect of managing endless loot.
If the idea doesn't appeal to you, don't play them. I always hated the idea of loot, never played diablo. Then I tried loot games and found them just as boring as i had expected. All you do is find new equipment, so if that doesn't appeal to you there's nothing there.

Sysgen

Can't say I agree with this. My Shelby GT lasted me all the way up to the Lamborghini, and even when I did lose, regardless of the vehicle, I never felt it was because of rubber band AI, but rather an earlier mistake. All in all, I found the AI rather fair; it punishes (but not unfairly so, unless you really fuck up) racing faux pas but rewards good driving.

I'm speaking of most of the race events. I purposely slowed down multiple times and the AI slowed down also or was easily overcome. No debate. For the most part have not seen such horrific rubber banding in years though I'll give the game credit for disguising it well.

marrec

Banned

Great man, thanks for the spoiler.

bs000

I bought Driver SF when it was a not summer sale daily deal. I finished the story and wanted to play online but couldn't find any other players. And then I was sad.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
ULUNI.jpg

This is so correct, it hurts. TDU2 is a festering pile of shit.

I've just got on the internet after arriving in Spain and getting it installed and not only am I incredibly glad to have gotten on while Just Cause 2 was on sale but I'm also incredibly glad to see it as the top seller. I guess the mutliplayer mod has really promoted sales which is good as it definitely deserves them.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Oh god there were dkr spoilers? F whoever did that shit.

And as I was skimming, I saw someone praising xelios. Yes he is aweome.

For some reason I read dkr as Donkey Kong Returns, so I was wondering why people were upset. That's a pretty random way to nuke your account, kinda wish I got to see it happen live just for the reactions.

Anyways, I voted for Driver. I should spend more time with it, I haven't touched it since I first bought it. It seems like a pretty clever twist on the racing genre. Hot Pursuit had a great first impression on me but the rubber banding in the later races really got to me, enough so to kill any motivation I had to press on. It has a great sense of speed, though, it's worth $5> just to buzz around in free roam mode. Don't give any fucks about Test Drive.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I'm surprised the CoH collection isn't selling higher. I guess everyone who wanted it has had more than enough chances over the years.

Megasoum

Banned
We've learned that the Steam community rarely votes for the best game.

That's the thing... I voted for Driver cause it's clearly the best game and I want more people to play it but I secretly hope that Hot Pursuit wins so I can buy it haha.

I got Test Drive as a gift on Christmas. Is it any good?

Nope... TDU is a bit pile of turd... Too bad cause the first TDU was actually really fun!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Is Torchlight worth $3.74? I'm not a fan of Diablo (and never played any other dungeon crawler), but don't think it's a bad game at all. Should I pick it up?

The_Monk

Is Torchlight worth $3.74? I'm not a fan of Diablo (and never played any other dungeon crawler), but don't think it's a bad game at all. Should I pick it up?

It's a good loot game but it can get a bit boring because a lot of the dungeons feels the same. I would say go for it you care for loot, the art style is good and it's also a good Chill-to-play type of game. Also, you can have a pet. Feels good!

Snookie

I'm thinking about buying the assassins creed pack. I've been wanting to play these. Should I bother with them or find the actual console versions?

Ysiadmihi

Banned

Absolutely. Could always try the demo if you're unsure.

TL2 preorder comes with a copy of TL1, fwiw.

H3xum

Picking up Just Cause 2 for 3.75.

Any of the DLC guns worth it? I mean I know they're only a quarter, but, I still will hate myself if they just sit in my inventory

Megasoum

Banned
Picking up Just Cause 2 for 3.75.

Any of the DLC guns worth it? I mean I know they're only a quarter, but, I still will hate myself if they just sit in my inventory

The DLC is not essential but it's very fun. Especially the parachute rockets.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This is true and the driving is very satisfying, the drifting model is great and the game is tons of fun, however........ for the most part there is a heavy rubber band AI. So if you look at this at something to have a lot of fun with then go. Do not expect a serious racer from Driver. Though if you liked Midtown Madness you'll love this.
Now I'm SO glad to have voted for it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom