• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImRight

I might be interested. I'm just waiting on my house mate to try the first one, to see if he's interested too. Not definite, but possibly the two of us.

Unverified has a $500 per month limit. I remember those bank account linking days.

That and verified creates trust between users or people doing business or whatever you want to call it.

Hi Guys Sorry FELL ASLEEP >.<, But am back AND willing to Host a Torchlight 2 4 Pack Will start Pming people now... But by my count theres at least five of us mabey 6?

Hopefully theres enough for two packs cause i feel like the fucking Grinch now not Being able to Get everyone a Copy.......Just give us a heads up now if ur still on cause im itching to buy it.....If everyone replies i will unfortunatly have to abide by the Bro Code and go with the First other 3 to ask In

mclem

I love getting new hardward. I systematically try every game i own to see how much better it looks and runs! hours of fun in the settings menus :)
That way can lie depression, though, because usually when I do an upgrade it's a big one, so I crank everything up to full. If new kit struggles *then* - because the game scales up to or beyond the absolute bleeding edge - I get unhappy that I'm going to need to upgrade again at some point.

I love wallowing in the blissful ignorance that is believing in a 'future-proof' PC.

Played some more Orcs Must Die! that I bought from last(?) sale. Not getting 5 skulls is the worst feeling in the world and will probably make me hate this game, since about a third of the way through it's starting to get sort of hard.

Ultimadrago

Hi Guys Sorry FELL ASLEEP >.<, But am back AND willing to Host a Torchlight 2 4 Pack Will start Pming people now... But by my count theres at least five of us mabey 6?

Hopefully theres enough for two packs cause i feel like the fucking Grinch now not Being able to Get everyone a Copy.......Just give us a heads up now if ur still on cause im itching to buy it.....If everyone replies i will unfortunatly have to abide by the Bro Code and go with the First other 3 to ask In

Just sent you a couple of PMs. I'm still on.

anddo0

Just woke up.. Looks like Torchlight won. The Outsider and LuuKyK. Check your PMs.

I voted for Driver (missed it earlier for $5.74). I'm buying the winner either way.

Katoki

Well, gotta use whatever that's available. :) Actually netbooks with amd fusion cpu is pretty ok for gaming (for older games).
Copying my steam games over now. Can't wait!

Ah, that's not as bad. The netbooks I'm used to are those really junk HP Mini ones. I've personally wanted to get that one HP netbook with the dedicated Nvidia chip at one point though, can't recall it's name.

Damn, I wouldn't mind all of those community choice games, specifically NFS and Driver though. Saying that, I really wish I got NFS when it came out as no one I know plays it anymore so it doesn't seem worth it. Totally voting for Driver. Please say everyone else is?

ImRight

Call out to

Katoki....--- i see your on
&
pock3tmonster..... Check your pms dude Deals about to go down, and the spot is contested ^^

Gandie

1ab6d7780c3245084b97b492d74f54d46185c375.jpg

4fb70b7115fcce8227ec507fb274c17ff3e9c1d7.jpg

2a67f7a6678e24022ab4b3bed2968b5937d7852a.jpg

af810e0f6b2f685540e8bcce4121bf56d1342136.jpg

fea9906b4b416fd2f9f48319a4df7b2ae23d8363.jpg

92f66f7b46448d15373af846d36e1869f9a04c24.jpg

So what are they buidling inside the Tree House?

Dunlop

Want to buy it but I'm pretty sure it will run like ass on my out of date gaming rig

Nvidia GTX-260
AMD Phenom II X3 720
8GB Ram

Anyone play this on a non state of the art PC?

In case anyone is wondering when Crysis 2 inevitably goes on sale again, the game looks fucking awesome and runs amazingly on my old PC (full graphics...directx 9 though)

Salsa

hey guys so might as well throw a quick offtopic question:

I have some money coming my way and im thinking about going from my 26 inch HDTV (720p) that ive been using for gaming since my monitor broke (have a second one but 19 inches is too small) to a new one.

Im thinking 23 inches, LED, 1080p.

Now: my setup is a gtx560ti and an i5 2500k at stock without the possibility to do hardware OC (damn motherboard).

so my question is: do you think games will get a big noticeable drop in performance going from my old res (1360x768) to 1080p with that setup? and if so, will the extra res still be worth it? ive been doing fine with my TV but the grays are kinda freaking out on me somtimes, and it's about time I go 1920x1080 anyway, but yeah.. the concept of games running worse doesnt really excite me since I wont be able to do a hardware upgrade for a while.

probably cross-posting on the PC thread if I dont get a response here, since it's not the best place to ask but way more active.

Recon

Banned
hey guys so might as well throw a quick offtopic question:

I have the same card, but with a much older CPU(Q6600), and I can max out most games at 1900x1200 with ease. I have a 27 inch monitor, I dont think I could go any smaller in the future though, it is so nice.

Reposting for those where it's day time before I go to sleep:

LastRemnant1.jpg

Guys, The Last Remnant is $8.99 over at Green Man Gaming. Buy this if you have any interest in RPGs at all. It's probably the best RPG Square Enix has done in a long time. Play it for the great battle system (turn-based) and fuckawesome music. The story is not why you should be playing this, but it does have its moments. Also, no random battles for those whose panties get in a twist over that.

The PC version is so godly compared to the bad 360 version. Lots of tweaks, improvements, and so on. The best one being a Turbo feature that doubles the speed of battles.

And, yes, it will activate on Steam!

The game that will get you the 20% off voucher: UFO: Aftermath

Salsa

I have the same card, but with a much older CPU(Q6600), and I can max out most games at 1900x1200 with ease. I have a 27 inch monitor, I dont think I could go any smaller in the future though, it is so nice.

yeah, not too hot about losing size, but cant really afford that big

Salsa

Understandable, but you should be fine with that resolution, you have a good computer right now. Also, its not like a lot of games are pushing hardware that hard right now.

on the plus side i'll still have the old one (will probably replace my 19 inch one as the second monitor), wich i'll probably keep using for comfy couch games to play from afar with my 360 controller

LastRemnant1.jpg

Guys, The Last Remnant is $8.99 over at Green Man Gaming. Buy this if you have any interest in RPGs at all. It's probably the best RPG Square Enix has done in a long time. Play it for the great battle system (turn-based) and fuckawesome music. The story is not why you should be playing this, but it does have its moments. Also, no random battles for those whose panties get in a twist over that.

The PC version is so godly compared to the bad 360 version. Lots of tweaks, improvements, and so on. The best one being a Turbo feature that doubles the speed of battles.

I got it yesterday, thanks to your post. Still got a 3,00€ trade-in, as well as the 20% Voucher, so I only payed 3,69€ or so.

Thanks~

Danielsan

yeah, not too hot about losing size, but cant really afford that big
Not sure how the prices are at your end, but I just made the plunge and ordered a Samsung 27" monitor which arrived yesterday (and is fantastic!). It cost me around €50 more then the 23", but do keep in mind that this is a long term investment. It's worth the extra cash, especially to prevent you from regretting not getting a bigger monitor somewhere down the line.

capture4tewa.png

This has been on the back log for so long. Really need to get to it one day

The Last Remnant is also the second best-selling game on GMG right now, too--after the free game that gives you the 20% voucher :p It must be selling pretty well, which is awesome.

I got it yesterday, thanks to your post. Still got a 3,00&#8364; trade-in, as well as the 20% Voucher, so I only payed 3,69&#8364; or so.

Thanks~
Glad I could help!

capture4tewa.png

This has been on the back log for so long. Really need to get to it one day
It can be pretty long depending on your playstyle. Play it if the itch strikes and you have nothing else you want to play too seriously. TLR will suck you in.

hylje

Thanks for this. Grabbed!

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Dagnabbit. I woke up to see Torchlight won the community vote. I don't think there has been a single game that I wanted that has won the vote. Torchlight is such a common game that most people own it by now. I remember people giving out dozens of keys because preordering T2 got a copy of T1 with it. I personally have never bought it, but I was given a key for free.

The most frequently discounted games seem to be winning the poll. It's rigged! Ballot stuffing!

Salsa

Yeah I figured as much. I saw you post the prices of TVs in Uruguay once. I guess it applies to all electronics. And I thought we had it bad in Europe compared to the US...

Well at least we got a James Blake gig recently and it was awesome, so it evens out hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom