• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

metalshade

Did it say somewhere you were not trusted? It seems to be trusted you need to have made a purchase within the last 30 days.

My first ever steam purchase was at the start of THIS sale, so it seems I just have not been paying steam long enough to be able to gift people.
Oh well, Tess3ract will just have to be patient lol.

Grakl

Unicode ASCII would take each 8-digit block as a number (between 0 and 255) written in a binary base, and then translate each of the 16 characters obtained into plain text.

I input the code backwards, and so far got

Wú«ÅäqE.®�dX?

wucaaqeordlx

w u c a a q e o r d l x

Where «, ., and the L symbol may be a c, o, and an L. I dunno what the � is. I'm not sure if I'm even going the right direction with this. Is it an anagram, and the question mark ends the sentence?

Wok

I input the code backwards, and so far got

Where «, ., and the L symbol may be a c, o, and an L. I dunno what the � is. I'm not sure if I'm even going the right direction with this. Is it an anagram?

The � may be a problem with Unicode.

With the code forward: ?Xd�®.EqäÅ« úW
With the code reversed: ê_ÐÕ£¸'�¢tu�&Àü

Acidote

Dawn of War Chaos Rising suddenly started updating for no reason whatsoever. Almost 7 GB. I'm tired of this stuff Steam sometimes brings up.

Salsa

ii3RI.png

I am ze king

I spent about 50 dollars or so on this steam sale. Not too bad, that's about the price of one retail game. really. But I also only purchased flash deals.

Contemplating on weather or not I should get Bastion. Is it any good? I hear it has a good single player campaign. But doesn't have much replay value.

Sajjaja

Alright, since I probably won't use up the rest of the money in my Steam wallet, I will give someone a $5 game of their choice.

Just quote this to enter and I'll pick a random winner after I go take a shower. So you have maybe 15-20 minutes to enter.

I'm in if its not over.

EDIT: Too late :(

ANYONE FIGURE OUT THAT CODE?

I spent about 50 dollars or so on this steam sale. Not too bad, that's about the price of one retail game. really. But I also only purchased flash deals.

Contemplating on weather or not I should get Bastion. Is it any good? I hear it has a good single player campaign. But doesn't have much replay value.

I love Bastion... It's a slow paced game. Like Zelda but more action and few puzzles. I enjoyed the narattive. Very happy with the purchase. It's simply georgeous. It's a great game to play when your chill, or have a retro itch. If you don't like mello games, your not going to enjoy it.

Toki767

You can play it twice

Day Z Mod
The Day Z Mod requires Arma II: Combined Operations which is made up of Arma II and Arma II: Operation Arrowhead

I love how this blurb is on the Arma II: Combined Ops page. Has there ever been a mod as influential as this one before?

Looks like I'm waiting until winter for Penny Arcade 3 and Magic 2013.

Or until I finish typing this post and head over and pay the reasonable full price.

Since I'm weak.. I'm gonna get the lost planet games anyway..

I noticed Lost Planet 2 is cheaper in America (14.99), so is there a good soul on here who wants to gift it to me? I can paypal :)

Mikor

Since I'm weak.. I'm gonna get the lost planet games anyway..

I noticed Lost Planet 2 is cheaper in America (14.99), so is there a good soul on here who wants to gift it to me? I can paypal :)

I unfortunately cannot, as I do not use paypal, however if you do end up finding a copy, please add me to your friends list. Been wanting to play LP2 but that game essentially REQUIRES co-op.

Final Tally:

Witcher 2
From Dust
Trine 2
Pixeljunk Eden
Alan Wake: American Nightmare
Metro 2033
STALKER: Call of Pripyat
STALKER: Clear Sky
Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition

On the fence but held off on:

Dear Esther (Couldn't justify it for the one playthrough)
Ys Oath (Never played the series and not sure if I'd like them)
Ys Origin (Ditto)
Batman Arkham City (Waiting for GOTY edition sale for a better price)
LA Noire (Heard too many bad things even though it sounded interesting)

Totally the wrong thread for this, but Zimos from Saints Row the Third is the most annoying character of all time.

OF ALL TIME!!!

Incredibly fun game, nonetheless.

Jobacca

Neo Member
Alright, thinking of going ahead with Bastion + Stacking for the girlfriend. Should I choose something different?

Name the 13 GAFers that posted in this thread'

Easiest way to play: (Some may know about this, some may not, for the sake of preventing "An Advantage")

Everyone go outside this thread in the main Gaming page, click on the number under "Replies" as shown in the screen grab below.

AdYWD.png

Once the thin verticle browser window opens press "Ctrl" + F on the browser window to bring up the Search Box and search for the GAFers name in the list by simply using what you see in the photos below as clues.

52Rmv.png

The post with the pics to follow...

Top Bottom