• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Slightly random question as I don't think it has been on sale but: Is Red Orchestra 1 still worth picking up? My PC is too poop for Red Orchestra 2 and I have always wanted to try RO1.

New page

Can anyone recommend any cheap fun games? Here is what I have in my cart so far:

OCnfp.png

Still debating over the Indie Pack and maybe will take out Rune

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Alright, since I probably won't use up the rest of the money in my Steam wallet, I will give someone a $5 game of their choice.

Just quote this to enter and I'll pick a random winner after I go take a shower. So you have maybe 15-20 minutes to enter.

Sure, I'll take your money.

Razek

Banned
I think I found the problem.

Gifts become tradable after a Steam account has been in good standing for at least 30 days. This gift will become tradable on Aug 12, 2012.

So even though I told steam to send it directly, they still cant receive my gift till the 12th?

Did it say somewhere you were not trusted? It seems to be trusted you need to have made a purchase within the last 30 days.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
total damage:
$237.91

aka 3 console games.

trololololol
Probably not 3, but yeah, I spent $100 last month on Tales of Graces f and Uncharted 3 D:

So yeah, PC wins again :p

gotee12

I have a Topre and I haven't gotten the NKR to work with it. The PS/2 adapater also does not register. My key's are basically like

ASDFFFFFFFFFF rather than
ASDFASDFASDFASDF when I hold it down. This IS NKR right?
No, NKR refers to how many buttons can be pressed and recognized at the same time. "N" being the number of keys.

dosh

Only three purchases this year, a gift from a friend and a gift to that same friend (DX:HR, not shown in the pic)
Jnxo0.jpg

For a total of 42.73€

A really good year. And I already sunk another 12 hours in TBOI because of the dlc.

Do you hate so many people? Maybe Gabe locks people's gift giving ability to prevent tears :eek:
I'm blessing people with Garshasp!

:lol at Witcher again.

Shittiest last day sale ever?
Only shitty if you make it so! :D

Slightly random question as I don't think it has been on sale but: Is Red Orchestra 1 still worth picking up? My PC is too poop for Red Orchestra 2 and I have always wanted to try RO1.
Is RO1 Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45? If so, have a guest pass that you can have to try it out.

Can anyone recommend any cheap fun games? Here is what I have in my cart so far:

http://i.imgur.com/OCnfp.png[IMG]

Still debating over the Indie Pack and maybe will take out Rune[/QUOTE]
Unless you reeeeally want it, avoid Postal 3.

Watevaman

Guys, wasn't there a 20% off for GMG in the last thread? I can't seem to find it but I remember seeing it. Have the itch to pick up War in the North but I'd like the code.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, since I probably won't use up the rest of the money in my Steam wallet, I will give someone a $5 game of their choice.

Just quote this to enter and I'll pick a random winner after I go take a shower. So you have maybe 15-20 minutes to enter.
Can I get in?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Purchases:
Section 8
Capsized
Crysis (ROW)
Galactic Civilizations II
Age of Empires III: Complete Collection
Mount and Blade: Warband (Tony :D)
EUIII Chronicles (Tony :D)
Saints Row: The Third - Special Ops Vehicle Pack Retail (Tony :D)
Crusader Kings II Sword of Islam
Rayman Origins

So... safe, I guess?

Tomat

If each block is a character, we are looking for a 16-character sentences. But why is it not ascii?

That's what I don't get. If it's a sentence, how is it not ascii? ascii is plain text isn't it?

Should I do it GAF?
lololololol.png

I honestly don't think there's is a single person on GAF who would tell you those games aren't worth that price.

Katoki

No, NKR refers to how many buttons can be pressed and recognized at the same time. "N" being the number of keys.

Well I'm not sure how many keys it's recognizing at the same time. Not sure how to find out either. Will google it later.

Thanks to this sale I now own:

Larva Mortus
Post Mortem
Robin Hood: Legend of Sherwood
Analogue: A Hate Story
(Analogue costume pack DLC)
ARMA 2: Combined Ops
ARMA 2: British Armed Forces,
ARMA 2: Private Military Company
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
SimCity 4 Deluxe
Drakensang
SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics, (Comix Zone, Crack Down, Ecco the Dolphin, Gain Ground, Golden Axe, Shinobi 3, Space Harrier II, Vectorman, Altered Beast, Shadow Dancer)
SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics, (Beyond Oasis, Dynamite Headdy, Golden Axe 3, Phantasy Star 2, Phantasy Star 3, Phantasy Star 4, Streets of Rage 3, The Revenge of Shinobi, Vectorman 2, Wonder Boy in Monster World)
SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics, (Alien Soldier, Gunstar Heroes, Landstalker, Light Crusader, Shining Force, Shining Force 2, Shining in the Darkness, Streets of Rage, Streets of Rage 2, Wonder Boy III - Monster Lair)
SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics, (Alien Storm, Bio-Hazard Battle, Columns III, Decap Attack, Ecco The Tides of Time, ESWAT, Flicky, Golden Axe II, Sword of Vermillion, Virtua Fighter 2)
SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics, (Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle, Bonanza Bros, Columns, Ecco Jr., Eternal Champions, Fatal Labyrinth, Galaxy Force II, Kid Chameleon, Ristar, Super Thunder Blade)
Frozen Synapse
Frozen Synapse Red DLC
PAYDAY: The Heist
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
Warlock - Master of the Arcane,
Warlock - Master of the Arcane DLC: Pre-order Pack, Power of Serpent.
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition

CK2 DLC: Ruler Designer, Songs of the Holy Land, Songs of the Caliph, Sword of Islam, African Units
Fallout New Vegas DLC: Gun Runners' Arsenal, Courier's Stash

Spec Ops: The Line (from Amazon sale)

FUUUUUUU~! WAY more than I intended to get this sale. :/

Shurayuki

Thinking about SPAZ.....yay/nay?

Well if you're interested in it you can't really go wrong for that amount of money. I only played it for the Achievement last steam sale and honestly didn't enjoy it too much, but that may be credited to cheevo hunting and skipping the tutorial (which apparently takes like >1h, it's more "guided gameplay" than a classic tutorial).

Overall I feel if you're in for a fighting/economy game in space you might as well go for the X series, while SPAZ is more a "Touch Generations" style affair with a lighter tone.

Wok

That's what I don't get. If it's a sentence, how is it not ascii? ascii is plain text isn't it?

Unicode ASCII would take each 8-digit block as a number (between 0 and 255) written in a binary base, and then translate each of the 16 characters obtained into plain text.

Tomat

ASCII would take each 8-digit block as a number written in a binary base, and then translate each of the 16 characters obtained into plain text.

It would translate each digit into a character, or each block into a character?

iNvid02

Nope but I believe I missed a day of voting

i've been voting every day thinking i would get the last badge but i think i missed the first day

i wish there had been some way of keeping track, a pop up from steam saying "YOU AINT GETTING SHIT" would have done

jARra.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm back! Shower was great... singing the Bastion end theme while showering = godtier!

Top Bottom