• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

I thought about finishing the summer sales with these...

Kohan Warchest -$4.99
Syberia Bundle - $3.74
Penumbra Collector Pack - $4.99

What do you guys think? Are these games worth it?

The Syberia bundle is definitely worth it. Fantastic adventure games.

tylerf

5 dollars left in my wallet for the last 3 days and I can't figure out what to spend it on. This is so stressful.

Wok

Could be morse code. The first word would be MOO.

Then it is either:

Code:
..------ .-.--... ......-- .--..-.. -...-..- -.-.---. ..-.---. .-...-.- .---...- ---..-.. ...---.- --...-.- -.-.-.-- ....-.-- -----.-. .-.-.---

or

Code:
--...... -.-..--- ------.. -..--.-- .---.--. .-.-...- --.-...- -.---.-. -...---. ...--.-- ---...-. ..---.-. .-.-.-.. ----.-.. .....-.- -.-.-...

None of which starts with
Code:
-.-.-
and ends with
Code:
.-.-.

Moreover, no character or words is delimited.

zkylon

zkylewd
Wishing I bought the augmented edition of Human Revolution. The soundtrack is amazing!
They "packaged" it pretty bad though, compared to other great soundtracks like Assassin's Creed or The Witcher's. The songs aren't long enough and the soundtrack ends up falling short of being as amazing as it felt in the game/trailers.

1-D_FTW

I'll just wait for the inevitable Ys bundle in a few months. :)

I'd rather get other stuffs first. Come at me bros.

:lol

Was reading a bunch of reviews this morning (to see if I was missing any games/over rating others on my wishlist) and came across this:

http://www.pcgamer.com/review/ys-the-oath-in-felghana-review/

I promptly removed both games from my wishlist. I thought I was being seduced by the hype and that sounds like everything I don't like in a game.

Came at me GAF. I'm ready
to run

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dead tired, almost done with the highscores on the other thread.

What did I miss fellow GAFfers?
:lol The_Monk, you've been wanting to go to bed for ages now! GO TO BED!

The_Monk

:lol The_Monk, you've been wanting to go to bed for ages now! GO TO BED!

But I can't rest until I get every single highscore and help in the Steam Sale Hunt thread. I need to help and I want those fellow GAFfers to get cool stuff.

Plus I've been helping since the first day of the sales, I won't stop now.

Coffee. GO!

Rapstah

My purchases for the sale:

Might and Magic Heroes 6, Trine 2:
21.48 € (together)​
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate:
9.99 €​
Stardock Collection:
33.98 €​

Total:
65.45 € (gulp)​

I was pretty sure I bought that Stardock pack for less, but hey. :/

I'm Literally Magical Uncle Rapstah on Steam if anyone wants to make sure I'm not lying about these terrible purchases from an economical standpoint.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Was reading a bunch of reviews this morning (to see if I was missing any games/over rating others on my wishlist) and came across this:

I promptly removed both games from my wishlist. I thought I was being seduced by the hype and that sounds like everything I don't like in a game.

to run

Well, to be honest, that's a pretty terrible review of the game (and even as far as critic reviews go, it's well below the average). I disagree with most of it. But I'm not going to get into all that in this thread.

Beast Legacy, thank you SO much for this gift! Now I'll definitely see if this game is the masterpiece everyone's been talking about!

PeOwS.jpg

Is Portal 2 really that good people? I don't know if I can risk $5 on it.

Grakl

Are you serious? Heh, I only played Portal 2 for a few hours on my brother's 360 when he still had it, and it was wroth at least $20 for what I played. No where near finished, either.

to run
I'm not a big fan of Ys Oath, but this review is atrocious.

to run

It seems like the reason why he rated it so low is because he was awful at it. You're supposed to go off the beaten path and find secrets to help you along(isn't this what MOST RPGs encourage?). You're supposed to do multiple playthroughs.

Yeah, I can see you subtracting some points for the grammar mistakes, but the other parts of the review don't seem very good.

Toki767

to run
The comments below the review pretty much explain why he had those problems

My goty last year and one of the finest games I have ever played. Completely polished from beginning to end with what is probably the best writing and voice acting ever in a game. Not that other games haven't had voice acting that was fantastic, or even better in some spots, but in Portal 2 there are no low points in the writing and voice acting.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I thought about finishing the summer sales with these...

Kohan Warchest -$4.99
Syberia Bundle - $3.74
Penumbra Collector Pack - $4.99

What do you guys think? Are these games worth it?

Syberia is wonderful times and Penumbra is scary times. Dont know about Kohan

LProtag

I'll just hope Shogun 2 goes in a recap day... though I kinda doubt it.

Stupid youtube videos showing me how fun the expansions are. Why didn't I just shell out 20 dollars for the pack? Kicking myself.

Top Bottom