• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Cth

Maybe I am late here, but what is up with this Arma II sales? Are they any good? x_x

Presumably for the DayZ zombie game mod..

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on it, but trying to be responsible with all my financial responsibilities at home :D

Google/Youtube some footage, looks like fun!

Dingotech

This may have been said...

It seems to me they're going to have a best sellers day today via the flash sales rather than the daily deals.

There is Portal 2, The Witcher 2, Trine 2, and Dead Island. All best sellers on their day I assume.

And now Legend of Grimrock which would have been up there as well. I highly recommend this game by the way!

Sianos

Grimrock was a daily, a community choice, and now a flash deal. :U

Still, it's a great game, so buy it if you have the funds left.

Charts and graphs of mys spending incoming.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, I've played Portal 1 and kind of enjoyed it.

I enjoyed Portal 1 more than Portal 2, but I think I'm the odd one out with that opinion. The first game was a much more focused, first-person puzzle game. The second feels like they tried to make it more than that, since most of the game is more reminiscent of the last segment of Portal 1 rather than the test chambers.

Cth

The other thing about Portal 1->2 is not only to they add more characters, you also get some new game mechanics.. it's not just as simple at Blue/Orange portal stuff.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
IIRC it's been up for voting as well but lost.

Some games have been up for community choice after they lost. But I don't think there have been any repeats of winners.

And hey, Civ V got a repeat Flash Deal, so I guess he can hope for that :lol Portal 2 is also a repeat Flash Deal.

The_Monk

NpbEw.gif

Recharging Shields.

People buy Lone Survivor! Do it for me as some people got Bastion for Yoshi! Except I don't have Lone Survivor, but it's okay, buy it anyway! It's a great game with a creepy setting!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The other thing about Portal 1->2 is not only to they add more characters, you also get some new game mechanics.. it's not just as simple at Blue/Orange portal stuff.
Hmm, like what?

Kammie

To be honest every sale is pretty much the same (save for some new games that have come out since the last sale).
Those are repeats between winter and summer sales, though. We've been bludgeoned to death with repeats within this sale itself. This concept of flash sales is just garbage the way it was done.

Enco

Grimrock again? Yeesh.

Has Alice or Metro 2033 been flash deals yet?
Yes to both I think.

Those are repeats between winter and summer sales, though. We've been bludgeoned to death with repeats within this sale itself. This concept of flash sales is just garbage the way it was done.
Yea the repeats this sale have been awful but winter/summer repeats are still there.

Anyone got one of their spare The Ship keys? Would be awesome to try it out.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
NpbEw.gif

Recharging Shields.

People buy Lone Survivor! Do it for me as some people got Bastion for Yoshi! Except I don't have Lone Survivor, but it's okay, buy it anyway! It's a great game with a creepy setting!
Looks scary o.o checking out the trailer now.
SALE SPOILERS

next flash sale will be sanctum

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK
Is this... true?!

bonesquad

Grimrock eh? Despite it being on the wishlist, I'm on a laptop, so fat chance it'll run.

How old is your laptop? I was playing it on a nearly 4 year old laptop just fine with high settings (I think it has an 8600 GX).

I also highly recommend Grimrock. The movement and combat takes getting used to, but it is an excellent exploration/puzzle/RPG. Don't miss it! I just wish these last repeats would be of games on my wish list that I missed...

Sianos

I don't want to spoil what the spacebars new ability is, but as a Yoshi you'll love it.

I'm only joking now, but I have a deadly premonition it'll be a repeat no one really wants.

How old is your laptop? I was playing it on a nearly 4 year old laptop just fine with high settings (I think it has an 8600 GX).

I also highly recommend Grimrock. The movement and combat takes getting used to, but it is an excellent exploration/puzzle/RPG. Don't miss it! I just wish these last repeats would be of games on my wish list that I missed...

Well I bought it last year, and it has W7 on it.

Grakl

I don't want to spoil what the spacebars new ability is, but as a Yoshi you'll love it.

I'm only joking now, but I have a deadly premonition it'll be a repeat no one really wants.

You have a
deadly premonition
, eh?

hahaha

LProtag

I guess all the repeats were to get rid of the recap and give people up to 3 chances to get the stuff they wanted.

Too bad I missed out those chances for Shogun 2 haha.

Shurayuki

NpbEw.gif

Recharging Shields.

Wishlisted long time ago but at 35% off and >6€...gonna wait

Last money is going to Ys Oath and probably analogue for me :eek:

Top Bottom