• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 3: Sale is over, use this thread for "Look wat i bot"

Wok

The single campaign is AWESOME. The game is in my top 5 games of all time.

It is, but it is unplayable on my crappy laptop: there is no pleasure if you have to wait for the deliberation phase to resolved longer than the planning phase.

On the other hand, the multi is still playable.

Milamber

Let us end this glorious summer sale with a comic. I'm off to work now to pay off all my steam debts.

PgPLX.jpg

tylerf

:lol

Was reading a bunch of reviews this morning (to see if I was missing any games/over rating others on my wishlist) and came across this:

http://www.pcgamer.com/review/ys-the-oath-in-felghana-review/

I promptly removed both games from my wishlist. I thought I was being seduced by the hype and that sounds like everything I don't like in a game.

Came at me GAF. I'm ready
to run

Review said:
The real focus of Ys – pronounced “Ys”
Well that clears that up.

Razek

Banned
But other people can have no say on my opinion. Portal 2 was more enjoyable in my experience. Regardless, they are both good games.

Absolutely. It was the way you pointed it out however, as if telling it for absolute fact. But no, I don't think every post should start with IMHO so I'll just slate it to bad reading comprehension on my part.

Let us end this glorious summer sale with a comic. I'm off to work now to pay off all my steam debts.

http://i.imgur.com/PgPLX.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

This is absolutely hilarious.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wheatly is reason enough to play Portal 2. Such a funny character.
Wait, wait, wait a second here! There are more characters than the bland Glados and the main character?! Color me slightly more interested...

Thank you once again for the gift, Beast Legacy! ♥

Forbiden

:lol

Was reading a bunch of reviews this morning (to see if I was missing any games/over rating others on my wishlist) and came across this:

http://www.pcgamer.com/review/ys-the-oath-in-felghana-review/

I promptly removed both games from my wishlist. I thought I was being seduced by the hype and that sounds like everything I don't like in a game.

Came at me GAF. I'm ready
to run

Quite honestly it just seems like the guy is trying his best not to like the game. OiF and Origins have "hype" for a reason, and it's that they are rather good games.

Grakl

Wait, wait, wait a second here! There are more characters than the bland Glados and the main character?! Color me slightly more interested...

Thank you once again for the gift, Beast Legacy! ♥

GLADOS is not at all bland in Portal 2. She changes. No more spoiling than that, though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

PgPLX.jpg
That's insanely hilarious, hahaha!

Codeblue

I've spent $15.06 this sale on two YS games and Frozen Synapse DLC.

I've never played any of the 3D Prince of Persia games though. Are they something I should care about at this point in time?

Psychonauts
Nation Red
Fable Lost Chapters
The Witcher
World of Goo
SPAZ

$2.49 each total $14.94
just awesome this is like my 5 th purchase and not sure if my pc can handle witcher but i want it cuz its two fifty

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'll just hope Shogun 2 goes in a recap day... though I kinda doubt it.

Stupid youtube videos showing me how fun the expansions are. Why didn't I just shell out 20 dollars for the pack? Kicking myself.

This is the last day. It's already been a Flash Deal, so it probably won't show up there. Best bet is probably a community choice.

Shurayuki

Well that clears that up.

Hehe.

Cobbett sometimes writes for RPS, so I guess I kinda like him, but there's a reason they usually don't bother with stuff they clearly don't care about (like Football, VNs, and yes RPGs especially of the j variation).

Yoshichan

GLADOS is not at all bland in Portal 2. She changes. No more spoiling than that, though.
Wow. Okay here's the priority for tomorrow:

1. PAYDAY
2. Play some Bastion NG+
3. Continue Metro 2033 until I feel sick and disorientated again
4. Rest of the day to Portal 2

The_Monk

That Comic is perfect! But I'm so tired I have idea what's going on, lol it's like I've been drinking.

(I've not been drinking)

Wow. Okay here's the priority for tomorrow:

1. PAYDAY
2. Play some Bastion NG+
3. Continue Metro 2033 until I feel sick and disorientated again
4. Rest of the day to Portal 2

So you played Portal 1 before right?

How about you start with Portal 2 and see where the rest of the day leads you?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Hehe.

Cobbett sometimes writes for RPS, so I guess I kinda like him, but there's a reason they usually don't bother with stuff they clearly don't care about (like Football, VNs, and yes RPGs especially of the j variation).

The RPS "review" was actually fairly positive. I don't remember who did it, but he complained about the cutscenes and the fact bosses were challenging, but overall liked the combat. And he did at least admit that it wasn't his type of game.

Was a lot better than the PCGamer "review."

H3xum

I'm sure it's already been answered somewhere in this thread but, can anyone point out or PM me the place to head for KotoR mods?

Thanks

Yoshichan

Maybe I am late here, but what is up with this Arma II sales? Are they any good? x_x
DayZ mod is making everyone crazy! Even I bought it! :3
So you played Portal 1 before right?

How about you start with Portal 2 and see where the rest of the day leads you?
Yes, I've played Portal 1 and kind of enjoyed it.

evilhomer

Didn't get Grimrock earlier since I hadn't yet put money in my steam wallet so pretty happy I can get it now at the discount.

Alright then. Third major Steam sale, let's see the 'damage':

- Portal 2
- Saints Row The Third
- From Dust
- Alan Wake Bundle (Alan Wake + American Nightmare)
- Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
- Assassin's Creed II
- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
- FEAR Complete Pack (FEAR, FEAR 2, FEAR 3)
- Dungeon Siege 3
- Shoot Many Robots
- Driver: San Francisco
- Red Orchestra 2
- Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
- Galactic Civilizations II
- Sniper Ghost Warrior Gold
- Blades of Time
- Hard Reset Extended Edition
- Dead Space 2

Total € 95,64

Top Bottom